PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**Official New England @ Denver Broncos Post-Game Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not surprised. I predicted 53-0 pats as I knew they would be trying to make a statement with this game. I dislike it when they try saying the pats only won because Denver is no good this year. Whatever..

For those interested in some schadenfreude, here are the Bronco fan forums:

Orange Mane Central Discussion - The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community

Broncos Football

No surprise that there is a lot of finger pointing after Sunday night's game.

Would I be a bad, bad person if I went there, created an account and posted...

"Elway's Broncos need to return to their Super Bowl winning ways NOW.
Cheat on the salary cap to win a Lombardi. Pay the fines and lose the late draft picks again.
The other owners will let you skate on this. Even Kraft will agree "It's for the good of the League."

Emmanuel Sanders's season has been a complete dud. This was actually his first 100 yard receiving game.

Regarding the Steelers...they are a good team, very good, with several superstar players.

They also HAD been lucky in the injury department. The biggest reason that front seven has been running wild is because Joe Haden brought a new swagger to the secondary, and he looked like the old Joe Haden out there, which is very, very good.

He broke his leg. Let's see the thread begin to unravel.

Last night, just a couple of eye-test reactions:

Big (unexpected) contributors: La'Adrian Waddle, Kyle Van Noy, Phillip Dorsett, and Dwayne Allen was inches from 2 tds (and also looked like an OT in manhandling Shane Ray a couple of times.

Great to see Bennett looking like Bennett - use him sparingly.
Rex Burkhead is a guy they need to lock up forever.

There's nothing to not like about this team right now. They've been hammered by injuries and still, anyone picking against them to win the AFC is hoping, not predicting.

Regarding the Steelers...they are a good team, very good, with several superstar players.

They also HAD been lucky in the injury department. The biggest reason that front seven has been running wild is because Joe Haden brought a new swagger to the secondary, and he looked like the old Joe Haden out there, which is very, very good.

He broke his leg. Let's see the thread begin to unravel.

Last night, just a couple of eye-test reactions:

Big (unexpected) contributors: La'Adrian Waddle, Kyle Van Noy, Phillip Dorsett, and Dwayne Allen was inches from 2 tds (and also looked like an OT in manhandling Shane Ray a couple of times.

Great to see Bennett looking like Bennett - use him sparingly.
Rex Burkhead is a guy they need to lock up forever.

There's nothing to not like about this team right now. They've been hammered by injuries and still, anyone picking against them to win the AFC is hoping, not predicting.

The squealers's offense very limited. I expect them to try and play some man when we face them but idk how that will hold up. Also our TEs will feast on their LBs

Haven't read through the thread yet, but Props should go out to Dwayne Allen.. Without a crucial block from him, Lewis doesn't get his kick-off return for a TD. And then you had the Red Zone Catch and good run blocking during the game.. Not to mention that he took coverage away from Gronk on two separate plays.

Reflexblue has dishonored himself and the whole forum. He is an embarrassment to Patriots fans everywhere. That might be the lowest thing I have ever seen on here and I have seen it all.

a piece of fuking garbage
Yeah that's some stupid ****. Too easy for Ian to see the time line of editing and responding to pull stuff like that. And for what? To escape from saying "oops I meant in Denver"? I don't get it.
So, just to address this quickly - I pulled the post history and I can confirm @reflexblue did edit the post, but he did it within less than 1 minute of his original post. It was most likely just a momentary brain fart that he fixed right away and someone just happened to load the page in between his post and his edit and quoted him after he'd already edited the post. It's easy to do. I think he should've probably stated he did edit it but I'm not gonna say someone should be disciplined or banned over fixing a post error in under a minute's time. But if you guys feel differently we can continue the discussion in a private message.

So, just to address this quickly - I pulled the post history and I can confirm @reflexblue I think he should've probably stated he did edit it but I'm not gonna say someone should be disciplined or banned over fixing a post error in under a minute's time. But if you guys feel differently we can continue the discussion in a private message.

He did not go back and edit it that quickly because both myself and Victor Prime had time to respond to his orig post. It was several minutes. The proof is I was told by a poster that Reflex Blue meant in Denver, I had plenty of additional time to go back and reread and requote (copy and paste) it again to show this poster that IN Denver was never mentioned. None of this was accomplished in under a minute.

I have no problem with someone editing a post. Where the issue is is that he edited his post and then CLAIMED I changed his post in my response. This also meant that Victor Prime also would have been guilty of changing his post and removing the in Denver part. Why would anyone do that in the first place?

Anyway, what he did was bottom of the barrel low BS and I expect it will be taken care of. There is no room for that on here.

I want to commend Waddle for his work. Guy went against a pumped Von Miller (future HoF to me) and shut him down.

I know Brady bailed him with some quick throws sometimes, but that doesnt diminish Waddle's job. He was superb

So much so, it got me thinking: could he play LT? I believe it was reported that he can play both sides and Ive seen some good agility, which is important for the Blind side protector.

His contract is up after this year, but i dont think it should be hard to re-sign him. Plus, imo Garcia is a developmental prospect, who will need a healthy year behind the scenes to groom.

He did not go back and edit it that quickly because both myself and Victor Prime had time to respond to his orig post. It was several minutes. The proof is I was told by a poster that Reflex Blue meant in Denver, I had plenty of additional time to go back and reread and requote (copy and paste) it again to show this poster that IN Denver was never mentioned. None of this was accomplished in under a minute.

I have no problem with someone editing a post. Where the issue is is that he edited his post and then CLAIMED I changed his post in my response. This also meant that Victor Prime also would have been guilty of changing his post and removing the in Denver part. Why would anyone do that in the first place?

Anyway, what he did was bottom of the barrel low BS and I expect it will be taken care of. There is no room for that on here.
I'm telling you what the server shows. It's not at all impossible that you and anyone else loaded the page immediately after his post and received the "original" version, and were thus quoting/re-reading/etc that version because that was the version that was present at the time you loaded the web page. I don't think Ian's server is lying to me.

As I said, I don't think it's something that requires the level of discipline you're inferring, and I also don't think it's something we need to continue to discuss in public.

Edit: and just to note, your original quote of his post does include the "in denver" caveat, reflecting the fact that he had already changed his post prior to your quoting him.

Last edited:
That was after Sanders caught the ball went down and Butler hit over the top? or after the game?
Now that you mention it, it looks like it was during the game. I assumed after, but I now see, they all still have their helmets on.

great game. Lewis is back to his old form. No hogan? no problem for the pats. these Runing backs are so versatile. white, lewis, burkhead all had solid games. its amazing how they can keep switching them around and they all can contribute. should keep everyone fresh.

butler got torched by sanders. but you have to give it to sanders on some of those catches. He has always had good games against us.

Gilmore- was great to see him have a REALLy good game. shut out thomas most of the gameand was never out of position.

Bennett - was good to see him back, and had a big impact in limited snaps. his role should increase in the coming weeks. Also great to see Allen catch a touchdown and have a solid game blocking. if he can contribute even somewhat in the passing game should be a help.

- Now that he's healthy, Burkhead is starting to look like the jack of all trades, master of all that some were describing when he first signed: strong rusher, runs routes like a slot receiver, ST demon. I really, really like this RB group.

- OT depth was supposed to be a major concern of this roster, yet that impressive OL performance against a supposedly fierce outside rush came with two OTs (Cannon and Garcia) out of commission. Props to Waddle and Dante.

- If Bennett can continue to play effectively, does that effect the Mitchell vs. Valentine IR debate?

Now that the euphoria of a big win in DEN has worn off, I'm a bit mixed on your post.

- Now that he's healthy, Burkhead is starting to look like the jack of all trades, master of all that some were describing when he first signed: strong rusher, runs routes like a slot receiver, ST demon. I really, really like this RB group.

Agree but scratching Gillislee is a major disappointment. I expected way more out of him.

-- OT depth was supposed to be a major concern of this roster, yet that impressive OL performance against a supposedly fierce outside rush came with two OTs (Cannon and Garcia) out of commission. Props to Waddle and Dante.

No question. This group is starting to play very well. They were great last night.

-- If Bennett can continue to play effectively, does that effect the Mitchell vs. Valentine IR debate?

I dunna know. Cooks, Hogan, DA, Dorsett is a nice group. Cooks, Hogan DA, Mitchell and Dorsett is a better group. I think Marty and MM can't be compared.

I'm a little concerned about the run D. Having Branch, a healthy Brown, VV and Guy would make me feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots