PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**Official New England @ Denver Broncos Post-Game Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanders would have destroyed Gilmore, so what's your point?

"Would have“ doesn't make much of a point either.

Agreed its about matchups. Butler is competitive despite hickups . Gilmore has shut down potential. Two very good corners but one will always be valued higher..
____

EDIT: just saw your explanatory post. ok. still wouldn't bet on Gilmore can't play Sanders-like

Last edited:
To be fair Bruins your initial reply to Reflex has the words "in Denver" in the quoted portion so it could have been edited while you were responding which happens.

So I think he saw your post with the quoted words "in denver" in it and thought you changed it. While you responded to the post without the "in Denver" in it and are pissed because of the accusation.

It's a misunderstanding. I think Ross handled it fairly.

View attachment 18560

You should be paid for your mediations here, Tony. Kudos

That makes complete sense, now that you mention it. But what happens if the ball is not in the possession of a player from the receiving team - just on the ground whether "fumbled" or not - and the receiving team covers it? Wouldn't that be a touchdown?
yes, kickoffs and free kicks are live balls. If the opponent gains possession, TD.

The ref by all rights could have just dropped the ball after it was tossed to him and let the chips fall where they may. He did us a solid by tossing it back.

You should be paid for your mediations here, Tony. Kudos

Nope. I unfortunately jumped the gun a bit and owe @reflexblue a slight apology.

I saw Vindicate's post and what Bruins quoted were the same but did not see the rest of the stuff.

I think both could have handled it better but nevertheless it was a clear misunderstanding. Ross handled it well.

yes, kickoffs and free kicks are live balls. If the opponent gains possession, TD.

The ref by all rights could have just dropped the ball after it was tossed to him and let the chips fall where they may. He did us a solid by tossing it back.

Actually in the article posted by @SlowGettingUp (Quick calls: Week 10 | Football Zebras) it insinuates that Lewis giving the Ref the ball could be considered the runner giving himself up but Walt wanted a kneel down so that there wasn't any question on the play.

Now that the euphoria of a big win in DEN has worn off, I'm a bit mixed on your post.

Agree but scratching Gillislee is a major disappointment. I expected way more out of him.

No question. This group is starting to play very well. They were great last night.

I dunna know. Cooks, Hogan, DA, Dorsett is a nice group. Cooks, Hogan DA, Mitchell and Dorsett is a better group. I think Marty and MM can't be compared.

I'm a little concerned about the run D. Having Branch, a healthy Brown, VV and Guy would make me feel better.

A. Butler seemed like a big addition to run D yesterday. Have to re-watch but I remember at least one great run stop in the middle from DE position. Also holds ground in interior.

Nope. I unfortunately jumped the gun a bit and owe @reflexblue a slight apology.

I saw Vindicate's post and what Bruins quoted were the same but did not see the rest of the stuff.

I think both could have handled it better but nevertheless it was a clear misunderstanding. Ross handled it well.
So maybe Ross should ban you. First, most of us crave some scapegoat to pay for the sins of others and it might help mend some fences. Secondly, Ross doesn’t really want to ban anyone and he needs to Mod up and get it done. Lastly, you’re way too nice (Mod material, yeah, there’s been talk) so it would be good for your forum cred to take one for Ross’ sake (not the Japanese alcohol). :D

A. Butler seemed like a big addition to run D yesterday. Have to re-watch but I remember at least one great run stop in the middle from DE position. Also holds ground in interior.
He played a lot last night. Pretty active out there. Only gonna get better

Tony Mazz - "you couldn't stop the run, Butler got toasted all game. If the other team had a good coach u have a game. "

Mazz is worried about the defense, thinks not anywhere a SB defense, interior is soft, got pushed around...

****tard, Pats just blew out a team that was supposed to give "you" a game on their home field...

Thanks! I have really enjoyed talking with those Texans fans this year. You might like reading the original posts in the context of the conversation. This came up as a comparison to Kubiak's offensive system. You might also like this convo about why the HC should have full roster control.

Non-football aside: (They have also been nice enough to invite me into their restricted area where they talk about politics and other non-football things. We have started to dive deep into political things. As an overly analytic progressive "yankee" I have enjoyed the cultural exchange. I have found that they have been refreshingly willing to engage with a different political perspective in a constructive way.)

Nice bringing it back to a theme we have been discussing for a while! That point is right on. The way that you don't get destroyed by the Patriots spread run personnel attack is to have good coverage linebackers or safeties that are stout against the run. I.e. hybrid players.

I actually forgot you were high on him. I am embarrassed to admit that he was flying under my radar a bit. That will be a very fun thing to check out in the re-watch.

I also watch to check out the snaps where we had a TE#2 in the game. It seemed like Bennett did not block much, and Allen was doing quite well as a run blocker. Sorry to toot our own horns, but this is exactly what some of us (us, @luuked , @Tony2046 @Wheelman , many others. ) had been saying.

Patriots at Broncos Snap Count Report: Rex Burkhead has taken over as the top running back

I have not been paying attention to this much at all. Need to read up on the good ones!

Thanks. I'll check it out. Just don't get too deep into that “cultural exchange“ - not to stop your growth as a man - but you have a job here now and the fun's just starting!

The rest we continue in the re-watch, draft board.

BTW here a quick list of some hybrid draft prospects: 2018 Draft Prospect Thread

So maybe Ross should ban you. First, most of us crave some scapegoat to pay for the sins of others and it might help mend some fences. Secondly, Ross doesn’t really want to ban anyone and he needs to Mod up and get it done. Lastly, you’re way too nice (Mod material, yeah, there’s been talk) so it would be good for your forum cred to take one for Ross’ sake (not the Japanese alcohol). :D

I am SpartiRoss.

That was a great performance last night. A few of my takes:

Develin was crushing people last night, another BB "project" that has turned into a great NFL player. I would hate to be a LB or DB and see that truck coming for me.

Gilmore shut down Thomas and the one penalty called against him was iffy at best.

Butler for the most part played well, Sanders just was playing better, he made some tremendous moves to get open and catches.

Waddle has been great, he filled in nicely.

Bennett made a couple nice catches, if he can play through the pain, what a steal that would be.

I thought that was just your professional reverse psychology approach to shorten the process..

The funny thing is once you get into it you forget how insignificant the reason was . if you can remember it at all..

That was a great performance last night. A few of my takes:

Develin was crushing people last night, another BB "project" that has turned into a great NFL player. I would hate to be a LB or DB and see that truck coming for me.

Gilmore shut down Thomas and the one penalty called against him was iffy at best.

Butler for the most part played well, Sanders just was playing better, he made some tremendous moves to get open and catches.

Waddle has been great, he filled in nicely.

Bennett made a couple nice catches, if he can play through the pain, what a steal that would be.

Finally someone mentions Develin. Huge game, also ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back