PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NY Daily News calls Goodell out (again) and defends BB and TB (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me angry. I know that it is irrational for me to put this much "into it" because it doesn't affect my job or family, but it really bothers me.

Either we go with science or we go with witchcraft. We cannnot go one in 2014 & another in 2016. If we are going with witchcraft, the Steelers (and all cold weather participants) MUST continue being punished.

And Roger Goodell doesn’t admit such mistakes, unless hotel videos and personal diary confessions emerge. And everyone knows that, including the Giants.

“That was just something for people to talk about, because they don’t like the Patriots,” one Giant said of the punishments levied on the Pats.
This is one of the league's major problems. I'm not sure why they don't think credibility is important, but it is and they're losing it at a record pace.

Reading the comments on the latest deflategate 2.0 articles (this one, Wetzel's, Florio's and Jenkins'), there is a common theme regarding the lack of a penalty for Pittsburgh: "The Steelers aren't repeat cheater/offenders."

Setting aside that that claim isn't accurate, I realize that some people making that comment are trolling, but others are actually serious this, whether they are just biased, uninformed or unintelligent. What they are basically saying is there should be no penalty if a team hasn't been caught before. How do they explain the penalty the Patriots received in 2007, then? There were no "priors" before then. Do they apply this thinking to real life? Let's say someone robs a liquor store and they are on the jury. Once they hear that the accused has a clean record, do they vote innocent or recommend no jail time at all? It's a sad and stupid way to approach things.

The only reason I care about this issue is because that f'n pig Goodell raked TB over the coals. Otherwise it is much ado about nothing as we all said it was.

That's a nice NFL* you have there Roger, it would be a shame if someone was to file a defamation lawsuit against it.
If by no one else, the guy that will forever be known as Dorito Dink.

Dan Shaughnessy would be quite comfortable writing that Hurricane Rubin Carter was guilty of of triple murder because he spent 20 years in prison after being convicted on purely circumstantial evidence despite scientific proof that the ammunition found in Carter's car was different than that used in the killings.

Shaughnessy is irresponsible and unfit to call himself a journalist.

Rubin Carter - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Its comments like this that make me think non-pats fans are starting to come around to seeing the truth that we were punished for a crime that never happened:

capitala23 says:Dec 14, 2016 3:45 PM
I thought the whole deflategate thing was blown out of wack the last time, that there wasn’t enough evidence to handle it the way they did. I’m starting to think now that the Patriots took the high road on this the whole way.

As regular “I’m rooting against the Patriots” fan, I might be repositioning my views of the Patriots. Or may just stop watching the NFL.

Rugby seems pretty cool…can that become bigger here in the states?

firecracker87 says:Dec 14, 2016 4:50 PM
Mara and Rooney should give the Patriots a 1st and 4th round pick, 1 mill, and suspend their QB’s 4 games. Each.

What a joke the whole deflategate thing was.

-Steelers fan (unfortunately)

-Becoming more of a Patriots fan and hope TB12 get’s his next ring.

Last edited:
I think the pats should gauge the football of their next turnover In a cold weather road game and file a formal complaint to the league for a deflated football!?

Reading the comments on the latest deflategate 2.0 articles (this one, Wetzel's, Florio's and Jenkins'), there is a common theme regarding the lack of a penalty for Pittsburgh: "The Steelers aren't repeat cheater/offenders."

Setting aside that that claim isn't accurate, I realize that some people making that comment are trolling, but others are actually serious this, whether they are just biased, uninformed or unintelligent. What they are basically saying is there should be no penalty if a team hasn't been caught before. How do they explain the penalty the Patriots received in 2007, then? There were no "priors" before then. Do they apply this thinking to real life? Let's say someone robs a liquor store and they are on the jury. Once they hear that the accused has a clean record, do they vote innocent or recommend no jail time at all? It's a sad and stupid way to approach things.

Ummmmm....uh......WUT?

"
Impedegate (2013) Modified: 09/22/2016">
flag.png
to top ⤴home ⇐awards ⤵

TEAM: The Pittsburgh Steelers

SEVERITY:
10-cameras.png

SUMMARY: With 6:26 left in the third quarter of their 2013 Thanksgiving night game in Pittsburgh -- aka The Paris of Appalachia -- Baltimore Ravens receiver Jacoby Jones took a kickoff back and had to alter his path because Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin had stepped onto the field. Jones returned the kick 73 yards, but was tackled by defensive back Cortez Allen on the play, and Baltimore had to settle for a field goal on the drive.

Said NFL VP of Officiating Dean Blandino: "In that instance, the referee could basically penalize the team whatever he deems equitable, which could include giving the Ravens a touchdown. That's not the case here, but certainly coach Tomlin was in the white. He should have been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct."

In December 2010, the league fined the New York Jets the same amount after a sideline wall established by strength coach Sal Alosi resulted in Alosi tripping Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll. Alosi was suspended indefinitely by the team and resigned in January 2011.

VICTIM: Baltimore Ravens (Specifically, WR Jacoby Jones)

PUNISHED? Yes

PUNISHMENT: Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was fined $100,000 by NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Ray Anderson for stepping onto the field during his team's 22-20 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. The Steelers could have lost 2014 draft picks if the play had impacted the Ravens 2013 playoff standing. It didn't.

After reading about Tomlin's bold cheat, one curious Twitter user proposed the following thought experiment: "can you imagine if Belichick tripped a player running to the endzone? Seal team 6 would be on its way to foxborough"."

I wouldn't mind if Kraft said something sort of non-official, as in a snarky "we all know by now there is a different set of rules for us" kinda way. But he's not going to actually accomplish anything by making a formal complaint publicly. The league has already proven they can make and break the rules as they please.

Go find the pre-game interview J. Kraft had on 98.5.

Goodell is such a spineless and pathetic wimp.

Bendover Bob can't do anything, he would lose his seat at the cool kids' table.
Can't or won't... Make a big enough stink and maybe we get next year's 4th back and undo some future damage...... There is something to be said for standing up for what you believe..even if you're alone...
always-stand-on-principle-even-if-you-stand-alone-quote-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes