PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NY Daily News calls Goodell out (again) and defends BB and TB (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't or won't... Make a big enough stink and maybe we get next year's 4th back and undo some future damage...... There is something to be said for standing up for what you believe..even if you're alone...
always-stand-on-principle-even-if-you-stand-alone-quote-1.jpg
What has anyone seen or heard anything from Goodell that would lead one to conclude that he would be open to making any modification to the sanctions imposed for DG? He won. Despite the differing opinions of the judges, he won. In the court of public opinion outside of the 5.5 NE states, Goodell deservedly kicked the living **** out of Brady and the Patriots. It doesn't matter how much yelling, kicking and screaming there might be from Kraft, Brady or anyone else. It's over.

Nfl Commissioner Address, Contact Number, Email Address

[email protected]

this page has all the contact numbers anyone needs.

I've been telling every NFL fan I meet and bullshyt with to call the NFL offices number and leave a message for Roger like I do whenever I get the urge. You just cannot stress the importance of making sure this cretin KNOWS how much hatred he engenders from we, the fans.

What has anyone seen or heard anything from Goodell that would lead one to conclude that he would be open to making any modification to the sanctions imposed for DG? He won. Despite the differing opinions of the judges, he won. In the court of public opinion outside of the 5.5 NE states, Goodell deservedly kicked the living **** out of Brady and the Patriots. It doesn't matter how much yelling, kicking and screaming there might be from Kraft, Brady or anyone else. It's over.

The only point is, it doesn't matter WHAT he thinks he won. Everyone around him, including his wife and daughters , (who are teens), have to be aghast at the hatred his mongoloidal behaviour has engendered from the sporting public, especially in the 6 state NE region. He's not only a complete fool, he's obviously a narcissistic disgrace as a husband and a father. If he dropped dead tomorrow, how many mourners would be at his funeral? Three? Four maybe? Even his brothers and their families hate his guts.

Roger Goodell is a disgrace to America and all Americans.

The only point is, it doesn't matter WHAT he thinks he won. Everyone around him, including his wife and daughters , (who are teens), have to be aghast at the hatred his mongoloidal behaviour has engendered from the sporting public, especially in the 6 state NE region. He's not only a complete fool, he's obviously a narcissistic disgrace as a husband and a father. If he dropped dead tomorrow, how many mourners would be at his funeral? Three? Four maybe? Even his brothers and their families hate his guts.

Roger Goodell is a disgrace to America and all Americans.
You'll get no argument from me regarding any of that. He's despicable. My only point is that wishing and hoping and thinking and praying (thanks, D. Springfield) that there is any court of appeal with this ***hole is a f##### fool's errand. He's operating from a position of incredible strength and the Patriots are operating from a position of absolute weakness. Railing on Goodell is fine and I'll do it until either he's dirt-napping or I am. But continuing to expend time and energy on DG? No thanks. Unless some yahoo gets in my face about it and I get to gleefully eviscerate said ***hole (which has happened more than once), I'm done.

how do we know this is much ado about nothing and no protocols were broken. there's no ted wells, no multi-million dollar investigation, no 150 page report, no employees interviewed, no cell phones confiscated, no texts released, no video surveillance footage, no emails poured over and no testifying under oath. all we have is goodell and his blatant lying. inquiring minds want more.

I'm reading a book titled, "The Devils Chessboard" by David Talbot. Its about the life and times and psychology of fmr CIA Director Allen Dulles. I'm about 1/4 of the way through. Might be dull reading for some but I'm into bio books and especially ones around war history, etc.

Anyway I bring this up as a key personality trait Dulles possessed was a complete unemotional attachment to anything. His wife, Clover, his 3 children, family, friends the Jews in WWII, etc. He just didn't give a crap about people. All he cared about what how he looked and getting the job done. I guess when you are in the spy business and need to order the hits on presidents, leaders and dictators, apathy is a good quality to have.

For all we say about Goody, I really think he is completely apathetic towards people. They are, as Dulles seemed to say a lot, are "useful" to him. They serve a purpose in his ability to be successful in executing on a mission.

He saw Tom as useful to him.

Pyrrhic victory, win the battle, lose the war. He may have 'won' but his standing and favorability among NFL nation at large is worse than a year ago. While he only has to answer to 32 owners, when viewership is down and hence less $$ for them, they need someone to blame and that is Roger. I have to believe his actions and not just with Brady but in other disciplinary matters Rice, Josh Brown etc ( as well as reffing that is often clueless) with no consistency is affecting tv viewership and will certainly be felt in the next tv contract...

Last edited:
Mr President Elect, where art thou thoughts about this DFG-2 fiasco o_O

Ummmmm....uh......WUT?

"
Impedegate (2013) Modified: 09/22/2016">
flag.png
to top ⤴home ⇐awards ⤵

TEAM: The Pittsburgh Steelers

SEVERITY:
10-cameras.png

SUMMARY: With 6:26 left in the third quarter of their 2013 Thanksgiving night game in Pittsburgh -- aka The Paris of Appalachia -- Baltimore Ravens receiver Jacoby Jones took a kickoff back and had to alter his path because Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin had stepped onto the field. Jones returned the kick 73 yards, but was tackled by defensive back Cortez Allen on the play, and Baltimore had to settle for a field goal on the drive.

Said NFL VP of Officiating Dean Blandino: "In that instance, the referee could basically penalize the team whatever he deems equitable, which could include giving the Ravens a touchdown. That's not the case here, but certainly coach Tomlin was in the white. He should have been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct."

In December 2010, the league fined the New York Jets the same amount after a sideline wall established by strength coach Sal Alosi resulted in Alosi tripping Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll. Alosi was suspended indefinitely by the team and resigned in January 2011.

VICTIM: Baltimore Ravens (Specifically, WR Jacoby Jones)

PUNISHED? Yes

PUNISHMENT: Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was fined $100,000 by NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Ray Anderson for stepping onto the field during his team's 22-20 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. The Steelers could have lost 2014 draft picks if the play had impacted the Ravens 2013 playoff standing. It didn't.

After reading about Tomlin's bold cheat, one curious Twitter user proposed the following thought experiment: "can you imagine if Belichick tripped a player running to the endzone? Seal team 6 would be on its way to foxborough"."

"Wut" is right. Even a casual fan should know about Tomlin obstructing a TD, unless they just started watching this year. Fans who pay more attention should be able to name their other infractions, from the salary cap to helmet communications to the longtime team doctor's PED indictment. I'm not saying the Steelers aren't multiple time offenders. I'm saying that there are morons (and there a more colorful terms to use) out there who either completely ignore or don't know about their history of cheating.

Another common argument you'll see from a Patriots-hater is, when you point out that Team X broke this rule and didn't get punished or Team Y was caught doing something and got a small fine, "Oh, so that makes it okay to cheat." No one is saying that. The point is, there should equal punishments for offenses for all teams, not "nuclear option" for one team and "look the other way" for another. The current approach of giving some teams preferential treatment, but not others, does more to harm the integrity of the game than an slightly under inflated football.

Another common argument you'll see from a Patriots-hater is, when you point out that Team X broke this rule and didn't get punished or Team Y was caught doing something and got a small fine, "Oh, so that makes it okay to cheat." No one is saying that. The point is, there should equal punishments for offenses for all teams, not "nuclear option" for one team and "look the other way" for another. The current approach of giving some teams preferential treatment, but not others, does more to harm the integrity of the game than an slightly under inflated football.

There wasn't much good that came out of Deflategate for us Pats fans, but one benefit that has resulted is that it is now clear that the owners are not all considered equal. The "old money" teams like the Giants, Steelers, and Colts are treated differently than the "new money" team, like the Pats, Dallas, and Washington.

When have "old money" teams, or New York teams been punished severely for anything?

As a result of this I now view the Giants Superbowl wins over the Pats with suspicion, while I never did prior to Defamegate.

Apart from the fluky helmet catch, there have been numerous crucial calls, or non-calls that went the Giants' way, and I recall that Tomase ran with information regarding Spygate and Matt Walsh, that originated out of New York.

I'm reading a book titled, "The Devils Chessboard" by David Talbot. Its about the life and times and psychology of fmr CIA Director Allen Dulles. I'm about 1/4 of the way through. Might be dull reading for some but I'm into bio books and especially ones around war history, etc.

Anyway I bring this up as a key personality trait Dulles possessed was a complete unemotional attachment to anything. His wife, Clover, his 3 children, family, friends the Jews in WWII, etc. He just didn't give a crap about people. All he cared about what how he looked and getting the job done. I guess when you are in the spy business and need to order the hits on presidents, leaders and dictators, apathy is a good quality to have.

For all we say about Goody, I really think he is completely apathetic towards people. They are, as Dulles seemed to say a lot, are "useful" to him. They serve a purpose in his ability to be successful in executing on a mission.

He saw Tom as useful to him.

Yes, sociopaths have no empathy towards others and simply see other people as useful tools...or not.

If the Pats even brought a gauge within a zip code of a ball, the league would slam them.................
Bingo! Then we'd hear how teams are not supposed to do that, even though there are two examples - it would become vital then because, um, INTEGRITY!!! Now if the ball gets thrown in the stands and Mike Florio or someone gets it (while on camera so no one can say he tampered with it.) :)

This seems like a good idea that will never happen.

If DeflateGate I was to "get" the Patriots, it's not even up with the Pinkerston cops. I would have just done a general investigation, so why didn't Goodell do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call