PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sally Jenkins torches the NFL in latest piece concerning Deflategate 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shes a sports columnist. What else should she be doing? Writing about jobs moving overseas?

That's actually a great idea, she can give everyone an update on that sack of sh.t Mike Kensil.

Shes a sports columnist. What else should she be doing? Writing about jobs moving overseas?
To be honest, I thought she was a general columnist. Continue with the outrage.

(She had a good piece about the "celebration" penalties in the NFL, btw, well worth checking out.)

The nyjfl once again used the vague phrase "all footballs were in compliance..." about the Steelers' footballs.

I believe that the league used almost the exact same wording when asked about the psi measurements that were gathered last season.

What exactly does that mean, "in compliance"? Were the footballs over 12.5? Or were they under 12.5, but were in the expected range due to the effects of the IGL? Why no actual numbers?

goodell and his little group of corrupt cronies will never tell us.

That's actually a great idea, she can give everyone an update on that sack of sh.t Mike Kensil.
No kidding. Thats like Bill Murray and Sgt' Hulka's company commander in "Stripes" being reassigned to the South Pole.

Don't you dare speak of Sally that way. I will cut your tongue out.

Its forked so you need to do it twice. :p

To be honest, I thought she was a general columnist. Continue with the outrage.

(She had a good piece about the "celebration" penalties in the NFL, btw, well worth checking out.)

Shes a great writer. Strongly recommend the book on Pat Summit.

The NFL literally just enjoys laughing at the stupidity of their average fan.

NFL:
The nyjfl once again used the vague phrase "all footballs were in compliance..." about the Steelers' footballs.

I believe that the league used almost the exact same wording when asked about the psi measurements that were gathered last season.

What exactly does that mean, "in compliance"? Were the footballs over 12.5? Or were they under 12.5, but were in the expected range due to the effects of the IGL? Why no actual numbers?

Good point. As Sally so astutely puts it in her column, the Giants admitted to illegally tampering with the footballs. This is literally the exact opposite of following protocol and compliance. The NFL and Goodell, once again, assumes their customer base is filled useful idiots who can't read, think or breathe. On second thought, I guess I can't fault that rationale coming from a former Jets employee.

Why isn't Sally focused on the owners? GoodHell is just their stooge and whipping boy who executes their direction for managing the operation of the NFL monopoly. And with 32 owners providing that direction it is no wonder there is total inconsistent policy and protocol for similar situations. I'm not sure where this is heading but it certainly will not be in the best interests of the fans and players.

OOOOOOH MAMA! Sally lays the motherf*cking smackdown! I like! I like!:D

They're going to hang their hats on the whole "chain of command" issue, so every ball under 12.5 will still technically fall under the category of being in compliance, even though it obviously isn't.

Don't get me wrong, her ongoing destruction of Goodell and the league in her columns are a wonder to behold. (In this one, I think my favorite line was, "Goodell has always struggled with the demands of speech.") But I do wonder just what is driving her? I mean, there are other injustices in the world. This feels personal with her, and I don't think I've heard why?

But either way, great stuff as always, even though, unlike Sally, my passion about the subject has waned quite a bit.

Ray Rice

Sally Jenkins, smart, pulls no punches, aggressive, I would so...

Wait, fnord might point my wife to this post

She uses logic. The NFL's argument and behavior is completely indefensible.

While I truly do appreciate Ms. Jenkins's tenacity in her one-woman campaign to demand accountability from the NFL on deflategate, I do wish that at some point, Ms. Jenkins would break from professional courtesy, and address why exactly said campaign remains the one-woman variety.

At this point, the collusion between the NFL and its broadcast partners' "reporting" on it is a whole scandal of its own, with how deflategate was covered being the most overtly damning case in point.

Sally Jenkins Hits a Walkoff Grand Slam

The NFL’s damning silence on a new case of underinflated footballs

It has to admit that Deflategate was not a fair process but just a ginned-up excuse to punish the Patriots in order to satisfy owner envy and internal politics. It has to admit that it has been covering up PSI data in order to save the last rags of Goodell’s shredded reputation. It has to admit that the NFL under this commissioner has zero credibility left.

This made my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back