PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio is absolutely pummelling Goodell's credibility on Deflategate

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are never getting the draft pick back. The NFL would rather piss off one team than 31 teams. Kraft & TB could get money back and certainly a massive cornerstone of any potential Brady defamation suit.

But I don't think in the history of the big four sports any team that has lost a draft pick in year N-1 is found "innocent" later on and is refunded the pick in year N or N+1. Just doesn't happen.

Seriously. If there was video footage that surfaced tracking McNally walking from the officials' office down inside the bathroom, then on to the field, and it showed absolutely NO tampering with footballs, the NFL *still* wouldn't apologize or give the Patriots' picks back. In other words, even definitive proof shown to the entire world still wouldn't do this, because Goodell would simply say, well, he destroyed his phone and article 46 and whatever.

Florio's idea is a good one.

But I'd like to see an immediate post game press conference by Kraft saying something to the effect that the balls seem below what they should be so we filed a FORMAL complaint but we believe the issue is with the league not with any malfeasance on the the part of the Broncos. Because they'd really need to do something to stem the inevitable tide of 'Patriots sour grapes' or whatever.

How do are the Giants not in trouble for checking the footballs themselves? If there is no punishment for that what stops a team from deflating the ball themselves and then giving it to the ref and accusing the other team of doing it?

Seems a lot of people do think about their legacy - I hope deep down inside this haunts the "integrity" commissioner.

Nothing will change. You go to the comment section on this stuff elsewhere and it's still 'Well, you shouldn't have taped walkthroughs! Cheaterz!!'

I was thinking the other day BB should just do this. Would really put the league in a tough spot. I don't think he wants the distraction though.

Risky move, if the league thought they would do this they would instruct the officials to set the balls at or above 13.5 so any test would either show them above 12.5 or just barely under it. Better to bide their time and pull it when nobody is looking.

King's been better than others in that at least he admitted he jumped to conclusions.

But, at some point, it's going to become a gauge of credibility for these "journalists," including King, to say the whole thing was fabricated from the beginning, that those who fabricated it should be held accountable, that the Patriots are owed a return of their picks and fines and that Brady is owed an apology (for whatever that is worth, considering the source). Gary Myers and the NY Daily News are about 80% of the way there, but, of course, the CHB, as recently as this week, still insists that the Patriots are guilty of "doing stuff."

Unfortunately, it's hard to imagine that the League would ever do any of that because it would have to admit that it pissed away around ten million of the Owners' money and did irreparable harm to its "image." It would also drive most of the Owners around the bend to insanity...though many of them took that fork in the road a long, long time ago.

Totally OT, but how common is the CHB nickname? Saw it in this deadspin article, http://deadspin.com/curt-schilling-should-be-in-the-hall-of-fame-1790182008 assume writer is from NE?

I don't see them pulling off a stunt like this, BB would never allow it. One of the many things that make this team great is their focus of what happens on the field not off it. I don't want that to change.

And I'm sure the team knows that this was never about air pressure in footballs...this was really about a jealous clique of people in the league wanting to "get" the Patriots and a bad commissioner who would rather act as their lapdog instead of acting objectively in the best interest of the league - making that happen by any means necessary.

And I'm sure the organization knows who they are. So I believe the people who made this happen will be exposed in time. Books will be written, things will be said, and I can't wait.

Last edited:
It's hard to pummel something that doesn't exist.

I believe it was Carl Everett who first came up with the name.

Yep. Thats my recollection as well.

With the exception of Jimmy Piersall who had BPD, Everett was quite possibly the most mentally compromised player ever to wear a Red Sox uniform.

Partners sue each other all the time. Take for example joint ventures in the oil business.

Exactly. It was the threat of a lawsuit that had the NYFL owners allow Kroenke to move his team to LA.

Yeah,
I believe it was Carl Everett who first came up with the name.
Yes, it was Crazy Carl who came up with the nickname. Everett was pissed at a Globe writer (may have been Gordon Edes, not sure) who apparently wrote something uncomplimentary about him. So he basically told the writer to get the F#&k away from him and to "take your Curly Haired Boyfriend with you". And the "CHB" was forever attached to Shaughnessy.

If it hasn't already been mentioned in this thread, the media needs to call Goodell on it any time he uses the word "integrity".

He obviously has no idea what the word means.

If it hasn't already been mentioned in this thread, the media needs to call Goodell on it any time he uses the word "integrity".

He obviously has no idea what the word means.

I question if he knows how it is spelled.

The Patriots very well have conducted there own investigation of the deflation of footballs in colder air. Just for there own record to compare and contrast.

Since TB12 likes the ball on the low side at 12.5 PSI or under because every cold weather game below 50 degrees is going to effect the balls to some degree.. The Patriots probably just ignored the findings. Because it doesn't benefit Tom to have the league set up some new rules to make sure footballs are pumped up more on colder days.

The Patriot organization probably could have left some more egg on the face of the NFL and set up some video of non official footballs to show fans how they are pumped up pre game and then after 2 hours outside of cold weather and measured the footballs.

And what does anyone get from pummeling Goodell's credibility ?

Nothing he will remain commissioner.

Yeah,

Yes, it was Crazy Carl who came up with the nickname. Everett was pissed at a Globe writer (may have been Gordon Edes, not sure) who apparently wrote something uncomplimentary about him. So he basically told the writer to get the F#&k away from him and to "take your Curly Haired Boyfriend with you". And the "CHB" was forever attached to Shaughnessy.
It was Gordon Edes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back