PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sally Jenkins: As reliable as ever in calling out the NFL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroMac

On the Roster
Reaction score
Along with Michael Hurley and Tom E. Curren, Sally Jenkins continues to represent.

In Roger Goodell’s NFL, end-zone dances matter more than domestic violence

"“Right now, I am just numb to the incompetence of the NFL,” player-turned-commentator Tedy Bruschi said on ESPN on Sunday. But that’s not the whole truth of the matter. The whole truth is that Goodell is as unprincipled as he is incompetent."

goodell is a piece of excrement...
it boggles the mind that a person of this level of ineptitude is allowed to be the commissioner of the NFL - he's unfit to be dog-catcher in Mayberry, NC.

i am glad Michael Hurley, Tom E. Curren, and Sally Jenkins continue to pen these pieces but wonder if they are tilting at windmills... why.is.this.guy.still.there...?

Unfortunately its not only Goodell. Hypocrisy runs all the shows (even within families).

To use once again the famous quote:
If you suck on a tit the movie gets an R rating. If you hack the tit off with an axe it will be PG.
Jack Nicholson

"“Right now, I am just numb to the incompetence of the NFL,” player-turned-commentator Tedy Bruschi said on ESPN on Sunday. But that’s not the whole truth of the matter. The whole truth is that Goodell is as unprincipled as he is incompetent."

I'd like to be the first to wish Mr. Bruschi the best of luck in whatever his next job is going to be.

Along with Michael Hurley and Tom E. Curren, Sally Jenkins continues to represent.

In Roger Goodell’s NFL, end-zone dances matter more than domestic violence

Reading the linked article, I believe that Bruschi's quote ended with " ...the NFL.". The last sentence appears to be Jenkins's thought, not part of Bruschi's quote. I'll bet, however that Buschi agrees with her.

I was waiting for her to chime in on this. Excellent!

Way to bring it home Tedi.

I have to believe that all the positive press the Patriots are getting is (hopefully) a bad sign for Goodell and his future. Maybe they can demote him assistant commissioner and send him to BFE to earn the rest of his salary until 2018.

Hate to say it, but my tinfoil hat wearing friends all think the next gate is coming out of the NFL office before the season end. They have to get this juggernaut called the pats under control.

Hate to say it, but my tinfoil hat wearing friends all think the next gate is coming out of the NFL office before the season end. They have to get this juggernaut called the pats under control.

There is nothing tinfoil about it....

Goody and the rest of his brownshirts at 345 Park Ave are reeling. Ratings, domestic violence, game quality....

Nothing like a good redirect to shift the focus.

I just can't imagine that they'd go to the Patriot well again. Too obvious

goodell is a piece of excrement...
it boggles the mind that a person of this level of ineptitude is allowed to be the commissioner of the NFL - he's unfit to be dog-catcher in Mayberry, NC.

i am glad Michael Hurley, Tom E. Curren, and Sally Jenkins continue to pen these pieces but wonder if they are tilting at windmills... why.is.this.guy.still.there...?

"The owners need a fall guy". Ask Cris Carter told them about the need for one.

I believe that Bruschi's quote ended with " ...the NFL.". The last sentence appears to be Jenkins's thought, not part of Bruschi's quote. I'll bet, however that Buschi agrees with her.
There is nothing tinfoil about it....

Goody and the rest of his brownshirts at 345 Park Ave are reeling. Ratings, domestic violence, game quality....

Nothing like a good redirect to shift the focus.

I just can't imagine that they'd go to the Patriot well again. Too obvious
I just can't imagine they'd bother going anywhere other than to the Patriots. Easy pickings and low-hanging fruit - and America, once again, would swallow it hook, line and sinker.

I particularly liked this comment on the article:
There's a lot of interesting comments but I think in this case the biggest player in the cover up is Giants owner John Mara. Goodell is in his pocket. Remember it was Mara who pushed hard on Deflategate and it was also Mara who pushed to have the Cowboys and Redskins punished for spending money on players during an uncapped year. He was the driving force behind the salary cap penalties which the NFL admitted to as collusion. Mara thinks his **** don't stink and it is one of his players who is busted and he tried to hide it. The Giants knew the situation and they use "We didn't know to what degree." Come on. Everyone knows Goodell is an idiot but here John Mara is the one who needs to be looked at.

It's pretty obvious to me, roger is simply a puppet to a select group of old team owners; Mara and Jones for example. His statements make him look more like a press secretary trying to explain some scandal away, instead of being a leader.

It's pretty obvious to me, roger is simply a puppet to a select group of old team owners; Mara and Jones for example. His statements make him look more like a press secretary trying to explain some scandal away, instead of being a leader.

Jones isn't old school, Kraft isn't either, old school is the Mara's, Rooney's, Halas family, Ford's, and Johnson's*.

* The Johnson's wouldn't qualify on tenure they just meet the inbred standards so fully that they are included.

The NFL has no choice but to let the Patriots train roll. The main thing we need to be careful of are injury assassins sent with Goodell's blessing

Like during a meaningless late season game

I just can't imagine they'd bother going anywhere other than to the Patriots. Easy pickings and low-hanging fruit - and America, once again, would swallow it hook, line and sinker.

I dunna know. I think after Deflategate was exposed for the sham it was, I just can't imagine the NEPor the public letting them get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes