PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

brutal article on Goodell/NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want this to get political - it's not why I'm bringing this up, but I seem to recall a few years ago there was interest from Condaleeza Rice in getting into some sports related role. That would be a interesting discussion given her credentials as well as the fact she is indeed a woman who would be coming into a league that has, through inaction, shown nothing but disdain and contempt for them. Supposedly she's a no nonsense leader that challenges peers - whether that's true or not with her specifically if the trait exists in the next commissioner, it is IMHO exactly what the position needs.

The corollary is the team that had the "players' coach" (even if it was only for certain players in the NFL commissioner's case) that had gotten lazy and satisfied taking advantage of the relaxed climate then (hopefully) getting a "disciplinarian".

Condoleezza Rice said specifically that her dream job would be NFL Commissioner. I bet everyone now wishes she had gotten that job.

I don't know which ad campaign is more laughable. The NYFL calling for no more abuse or Hollyweird calling for no more guns.

Condoleezza Rice said specifically that her dream job would be NFL Commissioner. I bet everyone now wishes she had gotten that job.
I do. She'd be great.

yeah...heh...Roger Goodell, huh?

Look, argue it's the owners or the press or just about anybody/anything you care to dream up...just make sure to keep up all the negative butterfly wings beating...as anyone can see, there is a rising super storm of hatred and despisal for anything Roger Goodell. I fervently hope this damnable cretin lives out his pathetic existence in fear of that eventual baseball bat to the face. You can SEE how truly fearful he is of being seen in public. Ironic isn't it? The bigmouth bully cowering out of sight of the public...like the lying POS he is and has always been.
CRITICAL MASS, critical mas, Joker. Those are the key words here. And that is what is coming for Fraudell.

Critical mass is the point where it becomes clear, even to the 32 Dolts, that Roger can no longer be perceived as the leader of the league. NOTHING he is saying now, ISN'T being questioned or parsed by the media. This version of the NFL has NO credibility with the public. You can see it in the comment section of PFT, you can see it in the ratings numbers. At this point if Fraudell were to come out now and say 'the sky is blue, no one would just take his word for it.

He is damaged goods and no amount of PR crap is going to cleanse him of it. HIS name is now permanently attached to the blunders of the concussion scandal, the domestic violence hypocrisy, the deflategate injustice, the decreasing audience, and the bad product on the field. The fans no longer believe anything he says. The players despise him.

At this point, in my mind, its not IF, it's when he'll be gone and exactly how it will be accomplished. I have no idea what form it will take. It can be anything from a 'golden handshake" to a 'blindfold and a bullet", but it is coming. Critical mass has been reached or will be very soon. This is NOT going away.

I don't want this to get political - it's not why I'm bringing this up, but I seem to recall a few years ago there was interest from Condaleeza Rice in getting into some sports related role. That would be a interesting discussion given her credentials as well as the fact she is indeed a woman who would be coming into a league that has, through inaction, shown nothing but disdain and contempt for them. Supposedly she's a no nonsense leader that challenges peers - whether that's true or not with her specifically if the trait exists in the next commissioner, it is IMHO exactly what the position needs.

The corollary is the team that had the "players' coach" (even if it was only for certain players in the NFL commissioner's case) that had gotten lazy and satisfied taking advantage of the relaxed climate then (hopefully) getting a "disciplinarian".

Condoleeza Rice can drop dead.

Another good summation of Deflategate from Florio:

someone employed at 345 Park Avenue leaked clearly false information to Mortensen, and that someone employed at 345 Park Avenue refused to correct clearly false information at Mortensen’s request.

And so instead of a witch-hunt aimed at proving that the real PSI numbers showed cheating in connection with the 2014 AFC title game when, in reality, they don’t, maybe the league should have hired another “independent” investigator to figure out who breathed fraudulent life into #DeflateGate by lying to Chris Mortensen and then refusing to disclose the truth to him.

No matter how hard anyone tries to downplay the impact of the false PSI numbers on the overall case, #DeflateGate never would have happened without the disclosure of false numbers. If the true numbers had been reported before the work of Ted Wells was concluded, anyone who understands the Ideal Gas Law would have quickly and loudly explained that those numbers fall within the general range of measurements that would have been generated by the natural decline in air pressure after the football were exposed to more than 90 minutes to January air in Massachusetts.
After fateful PSI report, NFL declined to give real numbers to Chris Mortensen

Today, Hurley continues the assault on Zippy Pinhead Goody.

And yet, when it came time for the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy to kick in, commissioner Roger Goodell did not have enough information to enforce the policy which was created after he previously was proven to not consider domestic violence to be a particularly serious issue.

Now, speaking with the New York Daily News’ Gary Myers, Goodell has patted himself on the back for the strides he and the league have made in the issue of addressing domestic violence.

“I think we’ve made tremendous progress,” Goodell stated. “Can we make more and will we make more? Of course.”

On the topic of cutting the mandatory six-game suspension down to just one game without any explanation, Goodell still had no answer. He spoke of how complex the situations can be, which is certainly true, and he spoke of how he and the league care deeply about preventing such situations from ever happening, which historically has proven to be false. But he still has yet to explain how a mandatory punishment arbitrarily was reduced by 83 percent.

For starters, Goodell said that the NFL “didn’t get a lot of information” on Brown, leaving out the inconvenient detail that his investigator’s “methods” of obtaining information were amateur at best, and that numerous reporters were able to easily gather information with a simple request.

But Goodell compounded this deceitful claim by doubling down on the league’s willful ignorance of the situation.

“Here’s the issue: the discipline that occurred on the one game [suspension] was for the event on May of 2015,” Goodell said of Brown’s arrest. “That was the only one that we were able to get of all the different things that we’ve heard. The decision was made by our team after we had the evidence to be able to support the one game. We knew we would get challenged [by the NFL Players Association] and we were able to uphold it.”

The method of the commissioner there was clear: distort reality, then present the situation as a victory for the NFL.

Roger Goodell: NFL Has 'Made Tremendous Progress' On Domestic Violence

Bumping this to get it to the top. Goodell really might be one of the most despicable people on this planet. Yeah Roger, the "No More" campaign sure was tremendous progress on DV.

Exactly...

What/where exactly is the improvement on domestic violence? Less of them?No. Tougher penalties? Nope. Better education? really? What metrics can he point to?

Hes a walking clusterf**k. Such an empty suit.

I hate him.

Relax people, Goodell will he gone the minute he's offered more money for his services.........

So you are saying we're stuck with him forever?

Unless Burger King really jacks up their hourly pay I am afraid so..
Well, since minimum wage went to $15/hr in Seattle he can work as a barista at Starbucks..

Then we can all pitch in and buy his summer house in Scarborough , ME in an auction and have a party.:p

...Condaleeza Rice... Supposedly she's a no nonsense leader that challenges peers - .

Sounds exactly what the 32 DON'T want. They don't want to be challenged. They want a soulless ***** who can extract as much money from the collective fan base and related industries as absolutely possible. Goodell has been that. The ONLY way he's gone is when he fails to bring in enough profits. End of story.

Anyone but Goodell - just get him out of there!

Goodell is one big scandal away from getting the boot. We can all sense it. The media senses it. And they are like sharks. Goodell is a fool if he thinks they are his friends, they just want a story and they will bring anyone down to get ratings.

Ouster of the current Fuhrer of the NFL? That would be big news if/when it happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes