PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell talks deflategate and his return to Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodell has gotta be sweating about his job now, not because of anything Deflategate but because of the huge ratings decrease. The owners are finally getting hit in the poketbooks and that bodes very poorly for Goodell.
It's the networks that are being hit. The NFL doesn't have to worry about TV revenue until it's contract with the networks runs out, I believe in 2020.

I think even Roger must know (although maybe I'm overestimating him) that if he decides to come to Foxboro in 30 years as an 80-something guest of the owner, he would still be booed mercilessly and would not be allowed to speak.

We as fans have no power to do anything but boo. So, if that is all we have, that is what we will do. Roger Goodell is not only incompetent. Roger Goodell is a bad human being.

His reception will be one for the ages. Never before in mankind's history will there be as many obscenities spoken in such a short time. He will be vilified and humiliated in front of the entire nation because if it ever happens there will be so many first person videos posted there will be no escaping the mass distribution of the event. If there were ever a person who so personified the collective attributes of incompetence, corruption, and stupidity more than Goodell I am not aware of such,
For these reasons, I doubt he ever shows his smug mug in Foxboro again. He'll go to Kraft's house the night before for the party thrown in his honor rather than face the masses he screwed. Also, if I were Giselle I would punch him in the nose if I saw him in one of the boxes.

For these reasons, I doubt he ever shows his smug mug in Foxboro again. He'll go to Kraft's house the night before for the party thrown in his honor rather than face the masses he screwed. Also, if I were Giselle I would punch him in the nose if I saw him in one of the boxes.

I think she'd do worse....a lot worse.

Never piss off a Brazilian supermodel.

Last edited:
I think even Roger must know (although maybe I'm overestimating him) that if he decides to come to Foxboro in 30 years as an 80-something guest of the owner, he would still be booed mercilessly and would not be allowed to speak.

We as fans have no power to do anything but boo. So, if that is all we have, that is what we will do. Roger Goodell is not only incompetent. Roger Goodell is a bad human being.

Disagree, the real statement would be 70,000 fans getting out of their seats and walking out but it will never happen because the games are too expensive to just walk out on. However if it did happen it would send the league a message like no other and would be national news.

I think she'd do worse....a lot worse.

Giselle: "Hi, Roger..."

927ff1193b2d21ecbfdd7ae7037ee05c1287642918_full.png

...you might need to inflate those now."

My opinion of Roger Goodell has remained unchanged, specifically since September 13, 2007. Absolutely everything that has been revealed since that day has merely confirmed everything I concluded then.

The opposite can be said about Robert Kraft, who over nine years later may only be beginning to understand how wrong he, and those who went along with and thought like him, have been, and continued to be.

It's the networks that are being hit. The NFL doesn't have to worry about TV revenue until it's contract with the networks runs out, I believe in 2020.

It'll be real interesting to see how that pans out because the NFL will almost certainly not want to give up streaming rights again at the price the networks will be willing to pay for the rights to broadcast a league with falling ratings.

Gee whiz...I have no idea...
Of course you don't. And I'm happy to hear that. Plausible deniability is great.

Goodell's a coward. He's not coming to Gillette until Brady and Belichick are gone. Or he's suspended them both.
Doubt even he is foolish enough to think Belichick and Brady being gone will mean he will be welcomed by the fans.

Doubt even he is foolish enough to think Belichick and Brady being gone will mean he will be welcomed by the fans.
I don't know. Look at our response to Proto-Elvis in '79, and then only fourteen years later...

If Goodell ever decides to visit Foxboro, it will be interesting to see the effect on secondary market ticket prices. Could be right up there with Brady's triumphant return. I can't think of any villain in Boston sports that compares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes