PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Manning family news: email shows Eli defrauded memorabilia collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. This lawsuit has been going on since 2014 and an attempt by Manning to have it thrown out in January 2016 failed. It's a minor miracle it's made it to this point.
The emails are pretty damning. Now while there are 2 sides to every story, the current non-denial that "Eli is known for his integrity" is pretty hollow.

Here's one that sold for$4,283.00

"The offered helmet shows good quarterback game wear with impact marks and shell scrapings and scratches. All decals, including the American Flag and NFL Shield, are intact and legible!"

55790_01_dt.jpg

Sports Memorabilia Auctions - Auction Item

This is a simple fraud case. They either did it or did not. The email in Eli's own words sounds very bad. And there are some pissed off memorabilia dealers that want their pound of flesh.

Shows what an artificial, media-influenced world we live in when Tom Brady is treated like a villain and the Mannings are treated like the 'good guys'. If true, this is a real scumbag move and I'd love to see the fanboys defend this while trashing Brady.

It also speaks to just how stupid most average people are in our society and how incredibly influenced they are by catchy headlines

The emails were "taken out of context". "What context is that?" "We don't know yet and we'll get back to you with that."

I would think so (the crime part). No doubt across state lines. The NFL is not in control. The lawsuit is not heard by the NFL. And if some law enforcement agency were to look into it - the NFL is out of the loop. Eli is going to have some nervous months it seems.

Well that's true unless there is anyone he can flip on? That equipment guy better watch out... You know they're already laying "evidence" to point at someone else.

As much as the league wants to, I don't think they can totally ignore this story. If the perception exists that a big name QB like Eli Manning is involved in selling fraudulent memorabilia, how can anyone bid on, say, an NFL charity item without wondering if it's fake? They try to crackdown on the sale of knockoff jerseys, so why would knockoff "authentic" gear be different. It all tarnishes the Shield.

Isn't the five year limitation thing, only if action has not been taken? For example the civil case is still in effect as long as it was brought forth within time. IANAL

NFL Source: Patriots at Heart of Manning Equipment Scandal

"Eli Manning's outsized significance is so highly dependent on New England Patriots-related storylines that it stretches credulity to hypothesize any other prime mover in this scheme," said a source close to the investigation.

"The league doesn't need more than that to declare 'more probable than not,' and having done so, will consider prior heavy penalties for imaginary infractions to determine a suitable punishment."

#integrity

Even if some collector obtained an authentic game worn Eli helmet, the odds are high of it being a helmet he threw a bunch of picks in. The horseshoes he stuck up his ass for those 2 SB runs are probably the most valuable piece of game worn equipment he has.

People always tell me that i only hate the mannings because they pwn the pats.. I argue that i dont feel like thats true. For one. They dont pwn the pats and my dislike is more about seeing them constantly get away with stuff that the pats would be drawn and quartered for.

When they arent busy doping with ped they are selling fake stuff. They are just as charming as dead eels.

People always tell me that i only hate the mannings because they pwn the pats.. I argue that i dont feel like thats true. For one. They dont pwn the pats and my dislike is more about seeing them constantly get away with stuff that the pats would be drawn and quartered for.

When they arent busy doping with ped they are selling fake stuff. They are just as charming as dead eels.
Peyton owns the Pats? You evidently know some people who ignore both emperical and anecdotal evidence which is overwhelming. My guess is they're not likely MENSA members..

People always tell me that i only hate the mannings because they pwn the pats.. I argue that i dont feel like thats true. For one. They dont pwn the pats

Peyton against the Patriots: 9-15
Eli against the Patriots: 3-2

Mannings against the Patriots: 12-17

How dare they use the word "Integrity" that is the exclusive venue of the Patriots and their series of heinous offenses..

Goodell has proven to be decisive, the penalty for the G-men that they move back 5 picks in the sixth round of the 2015 draft.. the swift sword of justice strikes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes