PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Manning family news: email shows Eli defrauded memorabilia collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a federal crime right? jail time for eli?

Shows what an artificial, media-influenced world we live in when Tom Brady is treated like a villain and the Mannings are treated like the 'good guys'. If true, this is a real scumbag move and I'd love to see the fanboys defend this while trashing Brady.

I've seen this report on PFT, Bleacher Report, Yahoo Sports, and the NY Post, but not yet on ESPN. What a shock (sarcasm).

Bill Polian will be on soon, saying this is no big deal, like jaywalking or a parking ticket. Then, he'll imply that the Patriots routinely sell jerseys that carry communicable diseases.

I don't believe for a second that he is going to do any time (and I suspect you don't either) but I will say that these game worn helmets and jerseys are worth around $10,000 each. To counterfeit something like that and sell it (or profit from someone else selling it) is not good.

The NFL* has announced that, following their unbiased investigation (conducted by Archie, Cooper, and Peyton Manning), the New England Patriots shall forfeit all of their draft picks in the upcoming draft, will be fined half the value of the team, and Tom Brady will be suspended for 8 games in the upcoming season, for their role in this nefarious scheme.

When asked how the Patriots were responsible for the actions of another team, the NFL* responded that prior to the 1960 formation of the AFL, most fans in New England were fans of the Giants. That created a culture of disrespect which has only festered in the decades since.

When told that made no sense, the NFL* responded that the Second Circuit of Appeals said they can do whatever they want. So there! Scram.

Now, THAT'S hilarious! No one will give a **** - he's a Manning. Nothing to see here....

What's even more funny (or sad depending on your POV) is that this guy won "Man of the Year" at the sham that is the NFL Honors Awards this year. More evidence at how much a dog-and-donkey show that is.

I don't believe for a second that he is going to do any time (and I suspect you don't either) but I will say that these game worn helmets and jerseys are worth around $10,000 each. To counterfeit something like that and sell it (or profit from someone else selling it) is not good.

Especially when you consider how easy it would be to manufacture real game used helmets. The first series Eli is on the field he wears helmet #1. He comes off the field and swaps helmets before he goes back on. Repeat. He could produce many legitimately game worn helmets every game he played. There's absolutely no reason to fake them.

99.9% chance this story is killed.

I don't know. This lawsuit has been going on since 2014 and an attempt by Manning to have it thrown out in January 2016 failed. It's a minor miracle it's made it to this point.

Then again, Eli was the biggest name involved in the NFL's "No More!" campaign against domestic violence and faced zero repercussions in the media for remaining silent when his team had a wife beater on the roster.

I would think so (the crime part). No doubt across state lines. The NFL is not in control. The lawsuit is not heard by the NFL. And if some law enforcement agency were to look into it - the NFL is out of the loop. Eli is going to have some nervous months it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes