PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Ryan To Patriots? Speculation

Falcons2020

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don’t know much about the source, but thought I’d share. Ryan still is a very capable, top 10 QB. Would be a great move for y’all IMO

Welcome to the forum.

It seems the source is speculating but Ryan is intriguing, I suppose.

Seems a bit old/rich for my taste and my preference would be Garappolo, but Ryan is a darn good QB, much like Stafford.

I'm not a big Matt Ryan fan but we're in no position to turn our noses up at quarterbacks who have regularly played at a top 10 level, anyone who can turn the Pats into a winning team in the short term has to be considered.

To follow up on my previous post I just wanted to provide some context. Apparently he called a few potential free agents that were allegedly going to sign with the Bucs “monkeys”. He said something about Erin Andrews being a bimbo and being lucky she was filmed naked against her knowledge. He offered a bounty for someone to hurt an FSU player. He’s been fired from multiple radio stations. Now he mainly posts random nonsense on Twitter pretending he has inside knowledge when he is really just flinging crap against the wall.

To follow up on my previous post I just wanted to provide some context. Apparently he called a few potential free agents that were allegedly going to sign with the Bucs “monkeys”. He said something about Erin Andrews being a bimbo and being lucky she was filmed naked against her knowledge. He offered a bounty for someone to hurt an FSU player. He’s been fired from multiple radio stations. Now he mainly posts random nonsense on Twitter pretending he has inside knowledge when he is really just flinging crap against the wall.

LOL she owned him. What a clown

He'll be 36 when next season starts. If the Pats are going to go with a medium-term starter solution (3-5 years), I'd prefer they go a bit younger.

Trading Matt Ryan results in Atlanta increasing their cap by $3.5 million - which is already $36 million underwater - while taking on $44 million of dead cap money.

Yes, the Falcons could trade him after June 1 with different cap numbers - but is that what any team wants as their plan, to wait until after the draft and after free agency is essentially over?

This trade speculation makes no sense.

Trading Matt Ryan results in Atlanta increasing their cap by $3.5 million - which is already $36 million underwater - while taking on $44 million of dead cap money.

Yes, the Falcons could trade him after June 1 with different cap numbers - but is that what any team wants as their plan, to wait until after the draft and after free agency is essentially over?

This trade speculation makes no sense.

A Ryan trade with a post 6/1 designation would distribute the dead money hit over the next two years and save them 23m for next year.

If your done with a player, keeping him (and playing him at QB) for cap reasons makes no sense. Which is probably why they’ll keep him...

(Better keep your GFs away from that guy - a charmer like that !)

Not at all sold on Matt Ryan, he has always had quite a few "weapons" and from my view he is a middle of the road QB...

Ryan is basically a younger version of Drew Bledsoe. you can win with a guy like that but the high rolling nature of his style will lead to unnecessary defeats as well.

He's as good as most of the other veteran options out there at the moment, because let's not pretend that ANY of them don't have their flaws.

Ryan and Stafford are essentially a wash at this point IMHO. No matter which one we brought in it would basically be the same thing and I could stand either one.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back