PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Ryan To Patriots? Speculation

Like I said before we are gonna lose draft picks to trade for a QB that will cost as much as Brady would have and is not as good.
I'm totally with you... Maybe Brady should have been bribed into staying( with cash And more control)[BB laughs]

I say use pick 15 for pitts if available if not grab a QB... If stafford gets cut give him an incentivized contract...

The pats need a QB.

Agreed. I don't want to keep chasing bridge guys to maybe get around 9-10 wins but never be a real contender. I want to rip the band aid off and get a young guy and start building for the future. Use the money you save on a young QB's contract to help fill the many holes on the roster. I really hope Bill doesn't just try and chase Shula's record and not sure up a long term quarterback solution.

The only QB that is potentially getting traded I really would consider is Rodgers. I would even put up with his attitude to win. Because I think with Belichick and McDaniels, he can win a championship. I think poor coaching is the reason why he only has one ring right now.

But even with Rodgers, I see him as a short term solution and the Pats should be focusing on getting the next guy.

I might have said I would be willing to trade for Garoppolo, but the guy is way too fragile. And I question his toughness. I think the injury he got the year he replaced Brady during the suspension probably wasn't bad enough for Brady to have sit out if he got it.

The only QB that is potentially getting traded I really would consider is Rodgers. I would even put up with his attitude to win. Because I think with Belichick and McDaniels, he can win a championship. I think poor coaching is the reason why he only has one ring right now.

But even with Rodgers, I see him as a short term solution and the Pats should be focusing on getting the next guy.

I might have said I would be willing to trade for Garoppolo, but the guy is way too fragile. And I question his toughness. I think the injury he got the year he replaced Brady during the suspension probably wasn't bad enough for Brady to have sit out if he got it.
Rodgers is so smug... Between the pats coaching staff and rodgers the smugness would choke the players and fans...

Besides GB would be foolish to let him go... Hes a great QB with sissy coaches...
However, how stupid were they to draft a back-up when they could have got him another offensive weapon or a defensive beast ... Lol honestly that would have changed the outcome of the NFC game.

I'm totally with you... Maybe Brady should have been bribed into staying( with cash And more control)[BB laughs]

I say use pick 15 for pitts if available if not grab a QB... If stafford gets cut give him an incentivized contract...

The pats need a QB.
Mac Jones please at #15

Mac Jones please at #15
Every player is an individual and such, but my fear is that Alabama QBs are surrounded with talent SOOO superior. I don't remember the last one to succeed in the league and it seems like Miami already has buyer's remorse over Tua - who was supposed to be a sure-fire star (pre injury).

Mac Jones please at #15

why????? He is not even a first rd pick!

Look at the talent he was surrounded by at Alabama. I could have QB that team!

Mac Jones is poised, shows command on the field. He throws a great ball. Dude never plays erratically....Whoever made the point about being like the Washington football team is right....screw a retread....pick a guy in the draft and sign a bridge guy. I'd rather hurt now and have the next QB instead of being mediocre just for some cheap wins with no future QB. Pats don't have a lot of options in the draft and next years QB class is said to be very thin.

why????? He is not even a first rd pick!

Look at the talent he was surrounded by at Alabama. I could have QB that team!
The advantage you get with an alabama plaYer they are used to playing on an nfl team wjen they hit the leauge.

Wish they still did the college all stars vs pros game.

I think mac will be a good nfl QB... Is he the one... Mcarron wasn't... Tua might not be... Hurts...the verdict is not out....

Matt Ryan Matthew Stafford, Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota Jimmy G.....all, recycled veterans who will not move the needle and will not get you to the SB. They might get you one playoff win and a draft pick in the high 20's low 30's every year.

Aaron Rodgers moves the needle.......BUT getting him is a pipe dream

Do not trade major draft assets for these guys, we need draft assets who can play to rebuild.

The one exception is Jimmy G and I would certainly give a 3rd and a 4th for him.

Rodgers is so smug... Between the pats coaching staff and rodgers the smugness would choke the players and fans...

Besides GB would be foolish to let him go... Hes a great QB with sissy coaches...
However, how stupid were they to draft a back-up when they could have got him another offensive weapon or a defensive beast ... Lol honestly that would have changed the outcome of the NFC game.
If the Pats can put up with Randy Moss or Corey Dillon. They can put up with Rodgers. And if Rodgers could play for a good head coach, be might not be as smug.

If you can’t make it work with Brady at 25 how are we gonna make it work with Rodgers at 37.5?

Hey guys, I don’t know much about the source, but thought I’d share. Ryan still is a very capable, top 10 QB. Would be a great move for y’all IMO

Will he play for $1M/yr?
No?
Forget about it.

Matt Ryan Matthew Stafford, Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota Jimmy G.....all, recycled veterans who will not move the needle and will not get you to the SB. They might get you one playoff win and a draft pick in the high 20's low 30's every year.

Aaron Rodgers moves the needle.......BUT getting him is a pipe dream

Do not trade major draft assets for these guys, we need draft assets who can play to rebuild.

The one exception is Jimmy G and I would certainly give a 3rd and a 4th for him.
Yeah Jimmy G went to a super bowl last year...And was 1 play away from winning it

Every player is an individual and such, but my fear is that Alabama QBs are surrounded with talent SOOO superior. I don't remember the last one to succeed in the league and it seems like Miami already has buyer's remorse over Tua - who was supposed to be a sure-fire star (pre injury).
Kenny Stabler?

Ryan has a cap charge of almost $41 million for 2021, of which 5.5 million is guarented against injury. The Falcons are currenlty $35 millon OVER the CAP, and cutting Ryan adds another $9 million in cap charges!

Ryan is due $7.5 million dollar roster bonuses in March of 2022 and 2023. His cap charges for those seasons are north of $41 million and $36 million.

The only way Atlanta can move Ryan this year is after June 1 trade which would save Atlanta $23 million off their cap, but they would have to find someone who has the cap space to take on $18 Million of 2021, and then $41 million for 2022 and $36 million for 2023.

That is a ton of money for a guy who will be 36 next year.

So his contract is uncuttable, and nearly untradable. Now add to the fact that he is 36, I can't see anyone paying a high draft pick to assume this contract.

Send a 2nd to SF for Jimmy G, draft Pitts, sign some legit WRs in free agency, use the rest of the draft to solidify the defense.
It would be great if thats how things played out, but I doubt Pitts will still be there at 15.

Peter King has an article this morning saying the Pats should trade their 15th pick in round one for Matthew Stafford. I personally think he's an idiot. Who in the hell would give up the 15th overall pick for a middle of the road 33 year old Quarterback? I seriously doubt Bill would entertain that trade.

Peter King is never right about anything.

Send a 2nd to SF for Jimmy G, draft Pitts, sign some legit WRs in free agency, use the rest of the draft to solidify the defense.

There are not many takers for jimmy.. a 2nd is too high.. considering cap space, 49ers might even cut him and we can have him for free.. best would be a 3rd rounder considering his cap costs...

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back