PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Ryan To Patriots? Speculation

There are not many takers for jimmy.. a 2nd is too high.. considering cap space, 49ers might even cut him and we can have him for free.. best would be a 3rd rounder considering his cap costs...

Thing is the 49ers are in a situation where they won't cut jimmy unless they get an upgrade. Supposedly they will be in on stafford as they feel he better fits their system and they are in win now mode

You can help them get stafford by shipping 49ers a pick say 2nd or 3rd which they can re-route to the lions to sweeten the pot. Hopefully this is what happens. Because then we still keep our 1st for drafting a QB or a stud player at another position if there are no prospects bill likes

Ugh, no. We need younger and great, not older and not-so-great. We already tried that this year.

Edit - and I am not so sure why folks are high on Jimmy G coming back to NE. He is so injury prone. No thanks.

Thing is the 49ers are in a situation where they won't cut jimmy unless they get an upgrade. Supposedly they will be in on stafford as they feel he better fits their system and they are in win now mode

You can help them get stafford by shipping 49ers a pick say 2nd or 3rd which they can re-route to the lions to sweeten the pot. Hopefully this is what happens. Because then we still keep our 1st for drafting a QB or a stud player at another position if there are no prospects bill likes

Good point..

49ers first pick + garopppollo = Stafford

Not sure how this is a win for 49ers.
Even if garopollo is injured he has more playoff wins than Stafford...

I don't think lions will settle for anything less than a top 20 pick.. and stafford being successful has same odds as justin fields..

If you can’t make it work with Brady at 25 how are we gonna make it work with Rodgers at 37.5?

$37.5 is the Packers' cap hit, not what his salary is. His salary for 2021 is $15 million base, a $6.8 million roster bonus that can be amortized over three years, and a $500k roster bonus. If the Pats traded for Rodgers, his cap hit would be under $20 million in 2021 and the Pats will be flushed with cash in 2021 unlike 2020.

Zero chance Rodgers or Wentz move, their cap hits to their teams is massive. Nobody is doing that in Green Bay or Philly.
49ers could be open to moving Jimmy if they secure another QB either via draft or trade. Jimmy's contract is attractive so I'm up for this move if we don't overpay to get Jimmy. Also open to Brissettt or Trubisky. Any of these 3 could be competent game managers and then we go beef up to have an elite defense.

Good point..

I don't think lions will settle for anything less than a top 20 pick.. and stafford being successful has same odds as justin fields..
Absolute nonsense. Matt Stafford is a top 10 QB in the league from.both an arm talent, and leadership perspective. Justin Fields is a VERY raw QB prospect who struggles to read defenses beyond read 1 and will take years to become a great pro...of ever.

Both have Georgia ties and I like both, but comparing them as equals is crazy

Is there any smoke behind the moving of Garoppolo? Quite frankly his injury was pretty freakish this year and I wouldn't be surprised if Santa Clara was still bullish on him. Remember, last year a healthy Jimmy G took his team to the Superbowl. This year they were off to a decent start before Garoppolo got hurt.

Personally I think he gets one more year in Santa Clara before people get crazy about trading him for the future. That, and the 9ers actually have a couple solid backups, if their casualty list wasn't so massive they might have been able to stay in the fight. I see plenty of reason for a franchise like the 9ers that isn't always in the limelight to declare 2020 a mulligan for a dozen different reasons and try again to get to the top with a healthy JimmyG. I see few non-self-serving reasons to think the 9ers are planning to do anything else.

I have it on authority that Ryan is the Player to be Named Later in the Sanu trade.
That makes perfect sense and here we all thought BB got taken behind the woodshed and
Is there any smoke behind the moving of Garoppolo? Quite frankly his injury was pretty freakish this year and I wouldn't be surprised if Santa Clara was still bullish on him. Remember, last year a healthy Jimmy G took his team to the Superbowl. This year they were off to a decent start before Garoppolo got hurt.

Personally I think he gets one more year in Santa Clara before people get crazy about trading him for the future. That, and the 9ers actually have a couple solid backups, if their casualty list wasn't so massive they might have been able to stay in the fight. I see plenty of reason for a franchise like the 9ers that isn't always in the limelight to declare 2020 a mulligan for a dozen different reasons and try again to get to the top with a healthy JimmyG. I see few non-self-serving reasons to think the 9ers are planning to do anything else.

Maybe San Fran has their eyes on Matt Ryan or Could you imagine Deshaun Watson In that offense.
I think it Would cost about a second for Jimmy G and I’m still a believer in Mariotas potential.
I’d love to see if we can fix him.

Good point..

I think shanahans wants to run that deep passing offense he ran with Matt ryan in his MVP year. Stafford has a cannon for an arm. They may feel with better coaching he can win.

That is not Jimmy Gs strength. It's the intermediate and short game quick passing offense. Which is what our offense is best at.

They protected Jimmy alot in the playoffs. I think he threw 8 passes in the NFCCG

That makes perfect sense and here we all thought BB got taken behind the woodshed and

Maybe San Fran has their eyes on Matt Ryan or Could you imagine Deshaun Watson In that offense.
I think it Would cost about a second for Jimmy G and I’m still a believer in Mariotas potential.
I’d love to see if we can fix him.
I just cannot see the Falcons eating a 17m 2021 dead money hit/49 million dollar total dead money cap hit when they are already 36 million over next years cap by trading Matt Ryan away, with no one to replace him in place... Unless Ryan wants out and renegotiates a deal that facilitates a trade... dude has a large chunk of cheddar heading his way though... 23million dollar base salary.... oof...

With Rodgers throwing his coach under the bus and threatening of not coming back to GB next season, heard a rumor he'll insist on hiring Bruce Arians as HC or he walks.

Let me look for that source.

I think that 2019 49ers team needs the context of how they "overspent" on the salary cap by $30 million by rolling over $35 million in unused cap space from prior seasons. That rollover space is almost completely exhausted now, as they only carried over $1.9 million from 2020 to 2021, 4th lowest in the league. Without that extra cap space and without being bad enough to be able to draft #2 overall again, it's fair for the 49ers to question whether Garoppolo can pull his own weight on that contract when the overall talent level of the team inevitably drops a little bit.

If either he or Rodgers is traded it will have to be June 1st or later.
The problem for both teams is that by then the draft has passed and free agency is basically over.

I wouldn't want to plan my team's season hinging on the ability to make a blockbuster post-June 1 trade, regardless of which side of that type of trade I am on.

I think that 2019 49ers team needs the context of how they "overspent" on the salary cap by $30 million by rolling over $35 million in unused cap space from prior seasons. That rollover space is almost completely exhausted now, as they only carried over $1.9 million from 2020 to 2021, 4th lowest in the league. Without that extra cap space and without being bad enough to be able to draft #2 overall again, it's fair for the 49ers to question whether Garoppolo can pull his own weight on that contract when the overall talent level of the team inevitably drops a little bit.
Sure, which is why he gets only one more year IMHO. But they're not gonna throw Garoppolo overboard just yet.

Hey guys, I don’t know much about the source, but thought I’d share. Ryan still is a very capable, top 10 QB. Would be a great move for y’all IMO

$23m per year for 2 years of Matt Ryan!! BB is a genius. Glad we passed on keeping Brady at $25m per year for 2 years. Frickin genius!!

Sure, which is why he gets only one more year IMHO. But they're not gonna throw Garoppolo overboard just yet.
Unless they go get an upgrade this year.

If they give Jimmy G another year and he gets injured again or has a lackluster season then Lynch and shanahan are on the hot seat. They passed on brady and if they pass on this year's options they may be dead in the water.

Guy sounds like incarcerated bob

To follow up on my previous post I just wanted to provide some context. Apparently he called a few potential free agents that were allegedly going to sign with the Bucs “monkeys”. He said something about Erin Andrews being a bimbo and being lucky she was filmed naked against her knowledge. He offered a bounty for someone to hurt an FSU player. He’s been fired from multiple radio stations. Now he mainly posts random nonsense on Twitter pretending he has inside knowledge when he is really just flinging crap against the wall.
Sounds like an even bigger scumbag than Borges. Wonder how many women he's raped.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back