PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Patricia no longer employed by the Pats.

Are you kidding? You judge folks here everyday.
Look at all the kisses that get thrown around about Bill. You're buying those aren't you? I am. I haven't met the guy but he seems to be very well liked by his players.
Unfortunately for MP there are a few players talking negatively and they actually spent much time with him, unlike us and Bill. I'll have to go back and look at all the players who sent Patricia kisses. I bet there aren't many of those, even though I never met the guy
No I do not. I react to opinions and behavior, I am not judging someone’s personality. I also recognize that how someone portrays themselves on an anonymous football board is not sufficient information to judge their personality. Just as trying to judge someone you’ve never met by a handful 3rd person stories that are probably written with an agenda is stupid.

No I do not. I react to opinions and behavior, I am not judging someone’s personality. I also recognize that how someone portrays themselves on an anonymous football board is not sufficient information to judge their personality. Just as trying to judge someone you’ve never met by a handful 3rd person stories that are probably written with an agenda is stupid.
Yeah but patsfans is a safe haven where we can all express ourselves and share, and vent. We learn a lot about each other, and when we're wrong (as I've been lots of times) we get a chance to learn and grow, and I'm thankful for Ian & everybody. Being a Pats fan is supposed to be fun regardless; nobody wins all the time. I feel like we back each other up around here, even if we don't always agree.

Regarding Patricia…

He’s been a major player behind the scenes in New England -- for example, in a leading role designing plans for ongoing expansion of the team’s facilities -- and there’s still plenty of work to be done in that regard.

Regarding Patricia…

He’s been a major player behind the scenes in New England -- for example, in a leading role designing plans for ongoing expansion of the team’s facilities -- and there’s still plenty of work to be done in that regard.
As an OC he's a really good architect.

Terminology drives how everything is interconnected and executed. Routes, protections, etc.

When you change the terminology, you change the structure of the play and what is done.

Here is an example.

Here is what the post mortem was.

I 100% agree with you, theres been consistent reporting on this dating back to last offseason...Bourne and Wynn saying the offense was simplified, etc, etc...Countless reports. Bedard literally mentioned it from Day 1 of training camp last year

I 100% agree with you, theres been consistent reporting on this dating back to last offseason...Bourne and Wynn saying the offense was simplified, etc, etc...Countless reports. Bedard literally mentioned it from Day 1 of training camp last year
Exactly right, Bourne, wynn, Myers, andrews, brown and
Cris Carter explained it best... " y'all want to keep rolling like this, then I need to know who gonna be the fall guy"...
Feels like MP is desperately seeking work.. he should have never taken that job last season.. I know he regrets it.. while judge is still hiding in the Gillette bathroom stall

Exactly right, Bourne, wynn, Myers, andrews, brown and
Feels like MP is desperately seeking work.. he should have never taken that job last season.. I know he regrets it.. while judge is still hiding in the Gillette bathroom stall
Of course hes looking for work... i wouldn't characterize it as desperate... and last year he did what BB requested of him... and we have no idea if he regrets it... while he was not particularly successful, i'm sure he learned an awful lot...

As for Judge he signed a five year fully guaranteed deal with the gints... he was let go after 2 years, spent last year here... hes still working on the giants dime, so i expect him to be here this year and next...

Of course hes looking for work... i wouldn't characterize it as desperate... and last year he did what BB requested of him... and we have no idea if he regrets it... while he was not particularly successful, i'm sure he learned an awful lot...

As for Judge he signed a five year fully guaranteed deal with the gints... he was let go after 2 years, spent last year here... hes still working on the giants dime, so i expect him to be here this year and next...
I believe he regrets it. It did nothing to further his coaching aspirations. He needed to do something to redeem himself and trying to coah offense wasn't. So laughable the guy who laughed at him took his job opportunity in Denver.

It appears he's going with whoever shows interest. Here he was handling contracts, player personnel pretty much in the role caserio was in. Even stated je was mapping oit floor plans for the organizations renovation project in tje stadium. So now he's just miraculously done with the organization... seems odd..

We all have some regrets in life you live and you learn.. that's how it goes..

As far as JJ thanks for that information i was going to ask.. So how long was length of MPs contract with Detroit?

I believe he regrets it. It did nothing to further his coaching aspirations. He needed to do something to redeem himself and trying to coah offense wasn't. So laughable the guy who laughed at him took his job opportunity in Denver.

It appears he's going with whoever shows interest. Here he was handling contracts, player personnel pretty much in the role caserio was in. Even stated je was mapping oit floor plans for the organizations renovation project in tje stadium. So now he's just miraculously done with the organization... seems odd..

As far as JJ thanks for that information i was going to ask.. So how long was length of MPs contract with Detroit?
Mapping out floor plans? Lol, extracting every last penny of value from a free employee.

iirc 4 years... it has expired...

As for last season, I dont think MP was particularly good at calling offensive plays... we had a huge drop off in offensive production between 2021 and 2022 which bears that out... But, i reiterate, at the very least he learned new insight into what running an offense actually entails... We scored more offensive only TDs than more than a few teams with experienced OC's, and were within one or two several others...

While that does not make him an adequate offensive coach, there is something there he could possibly/potentially build on, if he chose to... I don't think he will get another chance at it though, so it's moot... If the experience he gained in 2022 makes him a better all around coach in the future, do you honestly think he will look back on that with regret? I don't... because I know I wouldn't... He tried and failed, but at least he tried.

We will just have to disagree on the "he regrets it" part

As for last season, I dont think MP was particularly good at calling offensive plays... we had a huge drop off in offensive production between 2021 and 2022 which bears that out... But, i reiterate, at the very least he learned new insight into what running an offense actually entails... We scored more offensive only TDs than more than a few teams with experienced OC's, and were within one or two several others...

While that does not make him an adequate offensive coach, there is something there he could possibly/potentially build on, if he chose to... I don't think he will get another chance at it though, so it's moot... If the experience he gained in 2022 makes him a better all around coach in the future, do you honestly think he will look back on that with regret? I don't... because I know I wouldn't... He tried and failed, but at least he tried.

If he regrets anything, it's gotta be his time in Detroit. Had that not gone the way it had, he wouldn't have been coaching for the Patriots last season. He had a buffoonish tenure there and that tarnished his opportunities. Hell, even if he did a bit better, he would've prolly avoided a situation where Detroit cuts him a year early, which is what made him available to the Pats (and enticing, as we've heard about how Detroit was still paying him).

Oh I wholeheartedly agree with you on everything you stated.. what I mean by regret is because coaching opportunities come based on the last impression you've left.. there is no one clamoring for his services as a play caller offensively
when Payton was asked about him he didn't even sound as if he was seriously considering just a bunch of accolades thrown at him knowing they had the candidate they wanted.

I believe Patricia is a very intelligent man.. hell he should be building rockets not coaching in the NFL..

Just a odd scenario that he would have all this responsibility now he's parted the organization. Just explaining my opinion that's all

Mapping out floor plans? Lol, extracting every last penny of value from a free employee.
Yeah crazy right... lol now the guys just did a whoodini

If he regrets anything, it's gotta be his time in Detroit. Had that not gone the way it had, he wouldn't have been coaching for the Patriots last season. He had a buffoonish tenure there and that tarnished his opportunities. Hell, even if he did a bit better, he would've prolly avoided a situation where Detroit cuts him a year early, which is what made him available to the Pats (and enticing, as we've heard about how Detroit was still paying him).
I think he absolutely regrets his time there, especially how almost immediately he found him self at odds with the local media

I think he absolutely regrets his time there, especially how almost immediately he found him self at odds with the local media
So we agree on regrets... lol lol

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back