PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Patricia should start saying no to some of these offerings

Two reasons, money and he has a big ego, we learned that from players that played for him in Detroit. The money ha's made he doesn't have to work a day in his life if he doesn't want to.

I still don’t know why he did not say no more n 2022 when he was assigned a tasked that even a blind person could see was doomed to fail. Even if he had done well last year. Folks will have said it was all Mac.
Why can’t he say no to being put into impossible positions? He may soon not recover from the negative press he is getting unless BB helps him out in where ever he lands.
Since Fat Matt took over, the Eagles defense was the worse in the league. PHI was just doing him a favor for gifting them their 1st SB.

All these arrogant prick coaches got exposed once they stopped having the GOAT to bail them out: JMcD, Judge, Fat Matt, and yes, even belichick.

The only profession that seems to reward reward incompetence more than coaching is government.

I’m surprised that Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis aren’t more dominant on the Eagle’s defensive line together. That much high draft capital at the DT position isn’t really paying dividends it seems.

I don't want him anywhere neat this organization in any capacity. Besides, he's more than likely going to go where BB goes.
Yeah if we bring him back here we might win SBs again like we did when he was DC. Who wants that

I’m surprised that Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis aren’t more dominant on the Eagle’s defensive line together. That much high draft capital at the DT position isn’t really paying dividends it seems.
You know what.. eagles fans are cribbing that their drafting sucks and the fact that they gave so much for hurts.

Yeah if we bring him back here we might win SBs again like we did when he was DC. Who wants that
Is Tom Brady coming back with him? If no, he's a waste of space.

In as much as Matt Patricia has set himself up for ridicule based on some of his decisions, don't lay the implosion of the Eagles defense at his feet... He was asked to step into a bad situation... i will say he didn't do anything to help get that eagles defense straightened out though...

Last nights game was one of the worst defensive efforts I have seen in a long time... the bucs receivers were running wild in the philly backfield... I have never seen so many wide open receivers in the secondary... it was bad.
I have been watching this years playoffs to see if defense or offense wins championships. The Bucs game shows that sometimes great offense is really just bad defense in disguise. I also remember that there were a number of years during the run where the offense was awesome and the defense was the reason the team did not win the championship. My conclusion is that the rule changes don't make defense less important, the games now just have more points scored. That said, the old adage has always been only half correct. Teams also need to score points to win. The Browns are a good reminder that one dimensional teams do not win in the playoffs.

Last edited:
...every damn time I read the name, "Matt Patricia", this comes to mind:

"505 yards and lost the Superbowl"

I hope that you aren't a gambler.

I expect that Patricia will have a job next year in the NFL. At very least, he will be paid by an NFL for the next several years.

I certainly expect Belichick to hire him, even it is only as a consultant.
If Bill goes to the Eagles I expect he’ll probably consult with MP before accepting the job.

Friend from my kindergarten days in South Jersey who is an Eagles fan posted an analysis by a local Philly writer asserting that they both had good performances first half of the season then fell off. That suggests the rest of the league figured them out and the Eagles didn't coach them up past that.

I have been watching this years playoffs to see if defense or offense wins championships. The Bucs game shows that sometimes great offense is really just bad defense in disguise. I also remember that there were a number of years during the run where the offense was awesome and the defense was the reason the team did not win the championship. My conclusion is that the rule changes don't make defense less important, the games now just have more points scored. That said, the old adage has always been only half correct. Teams also need to score points to win. The Browns are a good reminder that one dimensional teams do not win in the playoffs.
Even Super Bowl LIII proved that, although just barely. It did also highlight the value of Defense winning championships.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back