PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Brown shares his side of the story with NESN

Trent Brown had nothing but great things to say when the Pats gave him an incentive based raise. Once he realized he wasn’t going to hit those incentives he went in full tank mode. This has been his MO throughout his career.
Too bad Bill didn't know that.

There is too much smoke to be no fire when it comes to what a disaster the coaching staff has been this season so I think Trent Brown is speaking the truth to some extent but I also agree with you there is a major CYA element in his comments. The whole "I was sick for a month" stuff is nonsense to me. There are numerous clips of him out there loafing and half assing it this season and you can't chalk of everyone of those moments to being sick. I have been sick of Trent Brown since they had to give him a pay bump to actually give a sh*t. In a 4 win locker room the last thing you need is a malcontent like Brown checking out as others will start to follow. I honestly wish they just cut him after the Germany game.
See, this is kind of what I mean. What smoke? This obviously biased, whining CYA from Trent Brown. A notorious slacker & malcontent?

The anonymously sourced story last week that slammed Jerod Mayo as "rubbing some people the wrong way" despite years of glowing stories about how Mayo is loved and respected in the organization? The agenda of the source could be seen from outer space.

Or the recent story by Kyed & Callahan that relied on a single anonymous source* making excuses for O'Brien and basically accusing BB of working against his own interests by sabotaging O'Brien? Again, the agenda of the source of that story is very obvious.

* I saw a Youtube video from Callahan and Kyed that said almost all of their story was thoroughly researched and confirmed by several sources. But that one tidbit about BB resisting the hire of O'Brien, then not letting him make the changes he wanted, came from one source and was not further confirmed.

I'm starting to feel like Henry Fonda in '12 Angry Men' :rofl:

See, this is kind of what I mean. What smoke? This obviously biased, whining CYA from Trent Brown. A notorious slacker & malcontent?

The anonymously sourced story last week that slammed Jerod Mayo as "rubbing some people the wrong way" despite years of glowing stories about how Mayo is loved and respected in the organization? The agenda of the source could be seen from outer space.

Or the recent story by Kyed & Callahan that relied on a single anonymous source* making excuses for O'Brien and basically accusing BB of working against his own interests by sabotaging O'Brien? Again, the agenda of the source of that story is very obvious.

* I saw a Youtube video from Callahan and Kyed that said almost all of their story was thoroughly researched and confirmed by several sources. But that one tidbit about BB resisting the hire of O'Brien, then not letting him make the changes he wanted, came from one source and was not further confirmed.

I'm starting to feel like Henry Fonda in '12 Angry Men' :rofl:
To unpack that failure, the Herald interviewed more than a dozen team sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of retribution from the Patriots. Over months, sources described an offense undone by a quieter type of dysfunction, a broken quarterback and finger-pointing between the coaching staff and front office.

A dozen sources. I know half this board likes to whistle past the graveyard but there have been obvious issues with the coaching staff Bill has assembled the last couple years.

Trent doesn't like being on dysfunctional teams, apparently. Can't blame him.

Regardless of even these stories, it's clear as day - from merely the on-the-field product - that there is dysfunction. It isn't a single player, it's a failure of two entire units (offense and special teams). We played a dysfunctional merry-go-round at both QB and OC, which is arguably one of the silliest, dumbest fumblings you could make. These are things we witnessed, no news stories necessary. Many here cited the lack of quality OL depth, the lack of talent taken in the draft - I mean, I remember the "How Will The Patriots Address Their OL?" (not verbatim) topic that popped up post-draft. This also includes the many frustrating ramblings of OL alignments over the past few years.

I agree that it's hard to parse the truth from news stories. However, we don't even need those stories to see what Trent is talking about. It's right in front of us. I'm not making a case for whose fault it is in this post (though I've expressed it recently), but simply saying Trent isn't wrong.

And I said as much:

"* I saw a Youtube video from Callahan and Kyed that said almost all of their story was thoroughly researched and confirmed by several sources. But that one tidbit about BB resisting the hire of O'Brien, then not letting him make the changes he wanted, came from one source and was not further confirmed."

The authors themselves said not every single item in the article was confirmed by multiple team sources. Just most of it. That disclaimer by the Herald does not necessarily have to apply to every word in the article to be true.

edited to add:

Last edited:
The "shoot the messenger, ignore the message" chorus has reformed from their basement lairs.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Trent to Pats fans.....
Im Fine Werner Herzog GIF by Team Coco
Tv Land Shitshow GIF by YoungerTV

season 1 episode 21 GIF by Bleacher Report

The "shoot the messenger, ignore the message" chorus has reformed from their basement lairs.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Trent to Pats fans.....
Im Fine Werner Herzog GIF by Team Coco
Tv Land Shitshow GIF by YoungerTV

season 1 episode 21 GIF by Bleacher Report
Always the same thing.

Bad news = “He’s a hack” “He has an axe to grind” “Sounds like BS”

Good news: “Great reporting” and not a single person questions it.

I agree with the Shaq Mason and Ted Karras comments. I’m still baffled by it. Mason was a cap friendly contract, Karras probably would of been signed to one as well, even less than one by shaq.

Doesn’t take away from the fact that he was basically demoted and I say that lightly because everyone on that staff knew he’d be with the ones. He showed up late, be a dad or whatever you want to be, but it doesn’t change the fact that you weren’t there and others were.

"But what is truth? Is truth un-changing law?
We both have truths; are mine the same as yours?"

“The truth is what I make it. I could set this world on fire and call it rain.”​

― Victoria Aveyard, Red Queen

No argument here. Some of us were also wondering why the **** Sow was playing RT when he needed all the training-camp reps at Guard he could get... Now we learn that it wasn't Yo Adrian Klemm's idea either; and I doubt it was Obie's...
Whose idea was it to sign Anderson and Rieff? Whose idea was it to try unathletic JAGs McDermott and Steuber at LT all preseason instead of being realistic about them? Whose idea was it to have Sow on the right side when the left side was more of a crisis especially when Strange‘s injury situation became apparent. Whose idea was it to trade Strong for Wheatley when Tyrone obviously wasn’t able to get on the field the entire season?

If Klemm had no role in any of that then what the actual **** did he accomplish for them this season?

This ****show with the OL didn’t start with Klemm, it’s been going on several years. There is one constant with all of it and that is BB. He doesn’t have Scar to rely on and clearly is not able to get the problem solved, no matter who he brings in at OC or OL coach.

And **** Trent Brown also for his lack of professionalism and integrity

That pretty much puts the last nail in the coffin of Trenton's Pats career if Bill stays.

Even though he's right about most of what he says regarding personnel moves. His claims about his own treatment sounds like he and Gronk could commiserate over a few brews.
You do realize you lose your point when lumping him in with Gronk? By doing that you are saying his complaints have weight.

I dont recall Bill ever being as soft with a problematic player as he has been with Brown. I was shocked he was brought back lasy year.

He is 100% right about Karras and Mason. They could have and should have been kept. Or at least until we knew we had drafted their replacements and were sure said replacements were up to it.

The funniest part of this interview by far though is his line about Patricia; calling him a placeholder doing somebody a favor is hilarious.

Last edited:
I dont recall Bill ever being as soft with a problematic player as he has been with Brown. I was shocked he was brought back lasy year.

He is 100% right about Karras and Mason. They could have and should have been kept. Or at least until we knew we had drafted their replacements and were sure said replacements were up to it.

The funniest part of this interview by far though is his line about Patricia; calling him a placeholder doing somebody a favor is hilarious.
I really don't remember him openly coddling such a lazy, difficult player for as long as he did with Trent Brown and I think it goes to show how mismanaged the offensive line has been the last few years. The Wynn pick was basically a bust. Cajuste never panned out. Bill completely botched the trio of Karras, Thuney, and Mason so badly he felt he had to draft a guard in the first to fill the hole he created and the guy he took isn't even that good. Add that to the endless retreads and not/no longer NFL caliber players like McDermott, Marcus Cannon, Calvin Anderson, Tyrone Wheatley Jr, Vederian Lowe, and Riley Reiff and it is clear he is just throwing crap at the wall hoping it sticks. Whether it was Dante or Brady making the previous offensive lines look better than they probably were it's pretty clear it wasn't Bill who was putting tother the offensive line group.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back