PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Brown shares his side of the story with NESN

203Pat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
He was pretty candid about the season without going scorched earth. Seems like he made a lot of excuses and all denied saying he would be playing for an NFC team next year.

Some interesting notes on the coaching staff:

“Because I’ve even heard from coaches how they’ll sit in staff meetings and they’ll be talking about how they can f–k with me. Like, I guess trying to get me out of character or whatever. It’s really crazy to think that we’re spending time talking about that instead of getting better.” Brown then called back to the spring, when he skipped OTAs because he “wanted to be a dad.” However, Brown said he was present early in the offseason program because the Patriots wanted him and Strange to get reps together. But when Brown reported, he was greeted by a curveball. “When I come, you got me running with the twos,” Brown said. “Why am I here? That makes no sense. So, I left.” Brown then showed up late to minicamp — reportedly due to a travel issue — and didn’t see much work over the abbreviated two-day session. A month later, with rumors of a contract dispute swirling, the Patriots asked Brown to report early to training camp.

“There just needs to be more attention on signing and drafting good players,” he said. “And also understanding that Foxboro is not a vacation spot. You’ve gotta spend some money to get good players, and you’ve gotta spend money to keep your good players in-house. And once they’re in-house, you’ve gotta treat them with some respect and common decency as a human being.”

Sounds like Brown must read this forum:

“If you pay Ted Karras, who played a hell of a season at left guard before he left to go to Cincinnati, I think that solves an issue,” Brown said. “I think if you don’t trade Shaq Mason, who’s an All-Pro guard, that solves an issue. I don’t think it was necessary for those moves to be made. And then to not really replace them with guys of their caliber.” One of those replacements is Strange, a 2022 first-rounder whom Brown said recently sought his council after undergoing knee surgery. Another is fourth-round rookie Sidy Sow, who played guard in college but focused on tackle during his first training camp. Sow eventually moved back to right guard and made 13 starts while showing real promise. “I feel like he probably could’ve gotten off to a better start if he’d been playing guard all along,” Brown said of Sow. “… You tell (Adrian) Klemm to put him at right tackle and you don’t want him nowhere else. I think that kind of delayed his development.” Brown also believes Jones was undermined by Matt Patricia’s move to offensive play-caller in 2022. “I know people are down on Mac and whatnot, but I don’t think it’s his fault,” Brown said. ” … Mac’s rookie year, took us to the playoffs. He had a good O-line in front of him. He had a quarterback coach. And he had an offensive coordinator that he had a relationship with, could feel comfortable with. Josh (McDaniels) leaves, and we don’t have a career offensive coordinator. We just had somebody (Patricia) who was holding the spot … doing a favor, or something.”

Last edited:
That pretty much puts the last nail in the coffin of Trenton's Pats career if Bill stays.

Even though he's right about most of what he says regarding personnel moves. His claims about his own treatment sounds like he and Gronk could commiserate over a few brews.

That pretty much puts the last nail in the coffin of Trenton's Pats career if Bill stays.

Even though he's right about most of what he says regarding personnel moves. His claims about his own treatment sounds like he and Gronk could commiserate over a few brews.
Apparently he liked a comment about firing Bill on Twitter or something. Safe to say he won't be playing for Belichick next season.

Trent Brown had nothing but great things to say when the Pats gave him an incentive based raise. Once he realized he wasn’t going to hit those incentives he went in full tank mode. This has been his MO throughout his career.

I don't doubt there's dysfunction amongst the offensive coaching staff (I mean, the results this year speak for themselves), but Trent Brown has been a problem everywhere he's ever been, EXCEPT while here with Dante. I'm not ready to take his word as gospel on how this was handled. Sounds like a lot of cry baby drama to me. Clean house because the offense sucked, not because Trent Brown had his feelings hurt.

I am guessing they weren't strategizing to "f-ck" with Brown. They were probably strategizing to get him to not be a locker room cancer.

But as what he is saying about the coaching is in line with what many in the media are reporting.

I am guessing they weren't strategizing to "f-ck" with Brown. They were probably strategizing to get him to not be a locker room cancer.

But as what he is saying about the coaching is in line with what many in the media are reporting.
I'm never going to fault a player for speaking thier truths..but Trent a 7th round pick.. was able to gain generational wealth in FA. Lot easier to talk when you have absolutely nothing to loose.

is trent brown their source, though......and does that then diminish the credibility some?

I'm never going to fault a player for speaking thier truths..but Trent a 7th round pick.. was able to gain generational wealth in FA. Lot easier to talk when you have absolutely nothing to loose.
There's only the truth and how you feel about it.

Yeah, that particular part of the story just sounds like a player who already had a slipping attitude, hearing something second hand and assuming the worst. It wouldn't surprise me at all if part of the coaches meetings involved figuring out what makes Trent Brown dog it, and how best to avoid that while still doing what you want on the OL. This gets to Brown, and he hears it as, "They're talking about how to mess with you."

It just could be anything, and emotions will never run higher than at the end of a really bad season.

There’s two sides to every story and Brown has not earned the benefit of doubt. His career is over in NE and maybe entirely for slamming coaches publicly.

There’s two sides to every story and Brown has not earned the benefit of doubt. His career is over in NE and maybe entirely for slamming coaches publicly.

I think he'll land somewhere. OT talent is really sparse throughout the league in general, and the upcoming free agent class for tackles is a big ol' WOOF. Some team will bring him aboard, though it may not be for money that makes him super happy (which makes it a big risk which Trent Brown they're going to get). He's 100% done in New England though, even if Belichick isn't back.

Trent just dropping truth bombs.

This tells me to clean up the entire staff no matter if you have to pay them to not work for you.

That is damning stuff, and makes us look inept.

It's also a biased, self-serving CYA from a guy who has the talent and physical attributes to be a pro-bowler. But for some reason has bounced around from team to team. Some of it may be true but I can't believe a word of it. Multiple teams don't let a starting caliber OT get away without a pretty good reason.

I'm sorry guys, I gotta say this: The hatred by some fans in Pats nation towards BB and some members of the coaching staff have really over-ridden their critical thinking skills. Be more skeptical of what you read in the press. (and that's not meant to be a dig against you Bourne Again Christian. It's just a general statement about many fans and press lately.)

There's only the truth and how you feel about it.
Absolutely agree!! That is why I'll never get upset with a player that speaks thier truths pertaining to themselves as men.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back