PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Patricia should start saying no to some of these offerings

Since Fat Matt took over, the Eagles defense was the worse in the league. PHI was just doing him a favor for gifting them their 1st SB.

All these arrogant prick coaches got exposed once they stopped having the GOAT to bail them out: JMcD, Judge, Fat Matt, and yes, even belichick.

We just saw this past weekend what teams look like when they're coaching staff don't have players ready for the playoffs yet people will still go with the idea that our coaches didn't get us prepared and it was all Brady.

Do better.

We just saw this past weekend what teams look like when they're coaching staff don't have players ready for the playoffs yet people will still go with the idea that our coaches didn't get us prepared and it was all Brady.

Do better.
You mean like our own players performed in our last playoff game?

You haven't been paying attention to all the mistakes, penalties, turnovers and bone headed plays our players in all 3 phases of the game have been committing since 2020?

Come on, let's at least try to be realistic.

You haven't been paying attention to all the mistakes, penalties, turnovers and bone headed plays our players in all 3 phases of the game have been committing since 2020?

Do you really think it was Brady who got our players prepared during our run?

??
we beat them in the Super Bowl. I was there. It was fun.

d13bxIM.jpg
I was there too.

I could not score a ticket. Lowest price I saw was $1700.

I was there too.

I could not score a ticket. Lowest price I saw was $1700.
sth lottery... $400 face value

did pay $2500 for a pair of tix for sb38 though

Patriots were one of the lowest penalized teams in 2021 and 2023.

I was there too.

Never saw a ticket for sale.
Bought ours on EBay

lets go for the trifecta... did you go to New Orleans for sb36?

Well he has a degree in aeronautical engineering and NASA hasn't hired him.
NASA doesn't have a booster big enough to put Patricia into orbit.

Bought ours on EBay

No

I did not want to leave my lucky seat at the sports bar. Everything was going too good.

I went to -

Phoenix SB42- met Bob Kraft, Andre Tippet, NEM, Matt Hasselback, Chicago Cubs or Sox pitching coach bought me a drink. Saw Nomar, Lynn Swann and axxhole Don Schula - he *****ed and had us kicked out of the media hotel. We just came back in through a different door. Paid $1000 for 50 yard line 3rd level which is like 2nd level in that stadium.

SB 46 Indy - met Jon Gruden, Moose Johnson, Drew Brees walked right by me. Saw Schefter, Subway Jared - doosh and some nut stalking Madonna. Paid $1000 for 35 yard like Loge. Great seat.

SB49 Phoenix - Spent most of my time at the Pats fan club. No tickets Seahawks fans were idiots throwing money away.

SB52 Minneapolis - No tickets. Too cold to see anybody,

SB53 Atlanta - No tickets. Terrible city reminded me why I moved out of gridlock Georgia.

Bought ours on EBay

I was at 38, 39, 42 and 46. Bought tickets on the secondary market for 38 and 42, bought from a guy who won the team lottery for 39. For 46, went with a friend who got a pair of free tickets from then-Seahawks owner Paul Allen. We sat in the owner's box assigned to him; Allen didn't attend.

Do you really think it was Brady who got our players prepared during our run?
Brady provided locker room leadership that's been missing since he left. His leadership affected player work ethic and the buy-in, so critical in Bill's management style, especially as the players got younger.

I've continuously said since '21 that Belichick could no longer reach these younger modern players. Now we hear more and more stories like this coming out of Foxboro.

“He’s great with people,” White said. “I think as a coach, you got to be great with people, especially in this day and age. The kids that are coming in now are very different. It started to taper off probably the last three, four, five years. The kids coming into the NFL, they handle things a lot differently.

And this:

Screenshot_20240116_225232_The Athletic.jpg

Brady provided locker room leadership that's been missing since he left. His leadership affected player work ethic and the buy-in, so critical in Bill's management style, especially as the players got younger.

I've continuously said since '21 that Belichick could no longer reach these younger modern players. Now we hear more and more stories like this coming out of Foxboro.

“He’s great with people,” White said. “I think as a coach, you got to be great with people, especially in this day and age. The kids that are coming in now are very different. It started to taper off probably the last three, four, five years. The kids coming into the NFL, they handle things a lot differently.

And this:

View attachment 55986

He's great with people
-or-
he can't relate

so which is it?

He's great with people
White is talking about Mayo here.
-or-
he can't relate

so which is it?
This is about Belichick.

There's a whole lot of 20 yos that think ppl in their 50s are old. Age diversity is a thing. Mayo himself spoke about it.

I've heard what White said about "these kids being different" from Jules, Ty, Gronk, Brady, Willie and other ex-dynasty Pats. There's just a generational difference that is a factor in how these players can get motivated.

When Bill began coaching the Pats, he was 48 and his players were in their 20s. By 2010, he was 58, 3-time SB winner and his 1st dynasty players were in their 30s. He maintained his control of the locker room through the transition of the 1st dynasty players to the 2nd dynasty players and having Tom available to deliver the message. By 2020, he's now 68, the bulk of his 2nd dynasty players are gone or ageing out and Tom is gone. Yet, his players are still in their 20s.

I'm not sure how this dynamic changes by him going to a new team. He's 72 in 3 months, he won't have any of his dynasty players, and aside from bringing in some of his coaches, he still has to get "these kids that are different" motivated. Unless Bill turns into Pete Carroll (who just got put away to pasture), which is highly unlikely, he'll continue to face this challenge.

Yeah if we bring him back here we might win SBs again like we did when he was DC. Who wants that

Didn’t the defense get better with the same personnel the next year without him?

White is talking about Mayo here.

This is about Belichick.

There's a whole lot of 20 yos that think ppl in their 50s are old. Age diversity is a thing. Mayo himself spoke about it.

I've heard what White said about "these kids being different" from Jules, Ty, Gronk, Brady, Willie and other ex-dynasty Pats. There's just a generational difference that is a factor in how these players can get motivated.

When Bill began coaching the Pats, he was 48 and his players were in their 20s. By 2010, he was 58, 3-time SB winner and his 1st dynasty players were in their 30s. He maintained his control of the locker room through the transition of the 1st dynasty players to the 2nd dynasty players and having Tom available to deliver the message. By 2020, he's now 68, the bulk of his 2nd dynasty players are gone or ageing out and Tom is gone. Yet, his players are still in their 20s.

I'm not sure how this dynamic changes by him going to a new team. He's 72 in 3 months, he won't have any of his dynasty players, and aside from bringing in some of his coaches, he still has to get "these kids that are different" motivated. Unless Bill turns into Pete Carroll (who just got put away to pasture), which is highly unlikely, he'll continue to face this challenge.
so he sets expectations for his players... and that they "don't wanna" is an issue... huh... and how does that work in relation to the coaching staff? afterall, they aren't 72 year olds... they are younger... How is it an issue in terms of player relations when its a coaching staff at work, not just an older Head Coach?

“I don’t see how you can improve unless you can accept constructive criticism,” Belichick says. “I don’t know how you can get any better.

“That’s what a football team has to do. It has to accept constructive criticism, recognize what it didn’t do well or where it’s weaknesses are and then improve on them to get better.

“I mean, we’re gonna sit in here and tell them what they did wrong and tell them, you know, what we think is not sufficient. If that’s gonna take the player to say ‘oh, well he’s picking on me,’ and just shut it down and build up a wall and not accept any coaching, how’s he going to get any better? It won’t happen.”

That is the essence of coaching.

Guess I am just too old to relate to that particularly stupid line of rationalization.

And this:

View attachment 55986

Gen-z wants to be coddled. I’ve seen it in my own job and all around the corporate world.

Apparently that’s what happens when everyone gets a trophy and no one is allowed to have any disappointment. People don’t take to criticism.

I do think seeing a guy like Brady get chewed out by Bill kind of set the buy in of “oh if even he is getting it I should step my game up”

so he sets expectations for his players... and that they "don't wanna" is an issue... huh... and how does that work in relation to the coaching staff? afterall, they aren't 72 year olds... they are younger... How is it an issue in terms of player relations when its a coaching staff at work, not just an older Head Coach?

“I don’t see how you can improve unless you can accept constructive criticism,” Belichick says. “I don’t know how you can get any better.

“That’s what a football team has to do. It has to accept constructive criticism, recognize what it didn’t do well or where it’s weaknesses are and then improve on them to get better.

“I mean, we’re gonna sit in here and tell them what they did wrong and tell them, you know, what we think is not sufficient. If that’s gonna take the player to say ‘oh, well he’s picking on me,’ and just shut it down and build up a wall and not accept any coaching, how’s he going to get any better? It won’t happen.”

That is the essence of coaching.

Guess I am just too old to relate to that particularly stupid line of rationalization.
It's the way the message is delivered that matters, I guess, in front of the other players.

Old: X did you see what you did on that play? How the **** could you miss that tackle? Did your mother teach you how to tackle?

New: X, you see what happened here, had you made the tackle this way, that guy would be on the ground. Let's work on that.

Pretty much everyone has heard what a tough coach Bill was, even after wins, he would criticize. It worked for that generation of players. It no longer works.

You can be a hard ass and still be a players coach. Look at Arians, by all accounts a hard ass but still considered a players coach.

We've heard how Tua shut down with Flores' style of hard ass coaching. I don't know what to tell you but it's a thing. Listen to what Brown said about being treated like a human.

Thing I see is a bunch of posters (not you) living in this idealized reality of Bill the GOAT HC w/ 6 SBs being able to coach until his heart desires because he did it before, so it just means he can do it again, forever.

While completely ignoring what players are saying, the results, and history. There's only been 4 HCs in their 70s in over 100 years of NFL history. None of them successful. There's a reason for that.

Didn’t the defense get better with the same personnel the next year without him?
The team was as successful with him as DC as at any other time.

It's the way the message is delivered that matters, I guess, in front of the other players.

Old: X did you see what you did on that play? How the **** could you miss that tackle? Did your mother teach you how to tackle?

New: X, you see what happened here, had you made the tackle this way, that guy would be on the ground. Let's work on that.

Pretty much everyone has heard what a tough coach Bill was, even after wins, he would criticize. It worked for that generation of players. It no longer works.

You can be a hard ass and still be a players coach. Look at Arians, by all accounts a hard ass but still considered a players coach.

We've heard how Tua shut down with Flores' style of hard ass coaching. I don't know what to tell you but it's a thing. Listen to what Brown said about being treated like a human.

Thing I see is a bunch of posters (not you) living in this idealized reality of Bill the GOAT HC w/ 6 SBs being able to coach until his heart desires because he did it before, so it just means he can do it again, forever.

While completely ignoring what players are saying, the results, and history. There's only been 4 HCs in their 70s in over 100 years of NFL history. None of them successful. There's a reason for that.
I understand the point.

Fundamentally, there is no difference between point a & b besides semantics.

Having played for both a hard ass and a players coach, the hard ass achieved results. Maybe that creates a bias on my part.

The point is moot. We've moved on, and I hope Mayo finds his own style that works for this team.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back