PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyquan Thornton already turning heads in the film room

I'll give him a pass as long as Patricia is the OC. Must be tough coming from college where you had an competent OC to a team that has a former DC that decided he wanted to be OC. Look at what happened when Patricia was forced to play Bourne more yesterday

Last edited:
He may not be a stud but he makes contested downfield with ease. Would add a much needed dimension to the offense

Nah not really

Get a better OC that knows how to scheme stuff and use a speedster like Thornton.

Doesn't really matter which WR we draft, he'd end up being a stiff in NE. Jefferson, Diggs etc would have been getting 1 target a game for 3 yards. We are just terrible and spotting and developing WR talent.

Frankly, as long as BillB is at the helm, Patriots will NEVER be able to draft a bona-fide WR....
The percentage of successes of BillB's realm is just too pathetic...
But people on here say Groh took over the draft

Doesn't really matter which WR we draft, he'd end up being a stiff in NE. Jefferson, Diggs etc would have been getting 1 target a game for 3 yards. We are just terrible and spotting and developing WR talent.
They Pats aren't good at spotting or developing WR talent because they don't try hard enough which really has to change. However, I don't believe if they had landed any elite WR in the NFL right now, they'd rot in NE. The pattern we've seen is that they turn out to just not be any good.

Tyquan isn't good. He's fast and that's great but he has terrible WR skills. A John Ross lite...

Some decent production and a lot of promise for several rookie WRs this season. Thornton absolutely NOT included. Looks like another WR bust for BB.

Nah not really

Get a better OC that knows how to scheme stuff and use a speedster like Thornton.

Parker when hes on the field, but sometimes the best ability is availability. Thornton is still an unknown when it comes to being that guy.

According to some of the writers who watch the tape Thornton isn’t a good route runner and is a lot of times not in the right place. Looking like another WR bust.

According to some of the writers who watch the tape Thornton isn’t a good route runner and is a lot of times not in the right place. Looking like another WR bust.
Evan Lazar was saying outside of Meyers they all are running some sloppy routes.

Rated #23 out of 31 rookie WRs. Not good for a 2nd Rder.

Screenshot_20221225_183335_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20221225_183430_Firefox.jpg

Alec pierce or George Pickens were available and we draft this non-stick- Athon . Disappointment so far .

Good Wide receivers contribute in rookie years . So looks like thronton would end up either as a bust or an average / below average player.

He may wind up as a bust but making that judgment now is not warranted. His offseason strength program will be crucial. I won’t be surprised if he fails and I’m on the record in this forum of thinking that pick should have been for Travis Jones so what the hell do I know?

Regarding George Pickens, no one doubted the talent but he fell to the second round based on quite a few issues at Georgia (including during their National Championship season, which they won with very little from him) and per reports he did little during the pre-draft process to mitigate the sentiment about him. Th experience with Gordon, Brown, and Harry has to have been taken into consideration by the Pats during the evaluation process. Yes it sucks that other teams can integrate a-holes at WR better than the Pats but if that is the reality then they have to draft accordingly.

Just another reason to move on from Patricia and Judge on offense ASAP. I just hope the phony Rooney Rule doesn’t prevent them from getting the right guy in place in time for the pre-draft process (all star games, combine, FA, etc.). They need a properly developed game plan for this offseason. They need two OTs, a true WR1, a boundary CB so they can move Mills to FS, upgrades over their current ILBs, a DT, and an OC2. I think it’s feasible between the draft and FA but they need to move quickly.

Last edited:
The whole damn thing starts with a decent offensive line. Changes everything

While the last few years have produced a fair number of exceptions, even the best wide receivers usually struggle in their rookie NFL seasons. This kid is not a N'Keal Harry sort of guaranteed bust.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back