PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Patricia should start saying no to some of these offerings

I understand the point.

Fundamentally, there is no difference between point a & b besides semantics.

Having played for both a hard ass and a players coach, the hard ass achieved results. Maybe that creates a bias on my part.

The point is moot. We've moved on, and I hope Mayo finds his own style that works for this team.
How you treat people is not semantics. Different styles work for different bosses. And some players respond much better to a certain style of management. And yes, certain players won't ever devlop and produce under certain styles. Perhaps that is terrible, and the player should be blamed. The end is the same: a waste of resources if the boss doesn't effectively deliver his messages.
==========
AS AN ASIDE
Some players require a lot of extra work. Some coaches just aren't willing or able to step up to the task. IMO, iif the player is good enough, the coaches need to be able to deal with the situation. There are many examples; two are Mayfield and Tua. On the patriots, Brown has been an example, probably one that shouldn't have lasted as long as it did.

How you treat people is not semantics. Different styles work for different bosses. And some players respond much better to a certain style of management. And yes, certain players won't ever devlop and produce under certain styles. Perhaps that is terrible, and the player should be blamed. The end is the same: a waste of resources if the boss doesn't effectively deliver his messages.
==========
AS AN ASIDE
Some players require a lot of extra work. Some coaches just aren't willing or able to step up to the task. IMO, iif the player is good enough, the coaches need to be able to deal with the situation. There are many examples; two are Mayfield and Tua. On the patriots, Brown has been an example, probably one that shouldn't have lasted as long as it did.
Brown is an interesting case. By all accounts, Brown is a hell of a good T that requires motivation. What's interesting is that Scar was a hard ass coach, yet got Trent to perform. I can only guess that Trent respected the hell out of him and maybe wanted to earn his respect, which undoubtedly he received from Scar.

I don't think he respected Patricia at all. He seems to have liked Klemm, but once he went down, he reverted again. My hope is with Mayo now in charge, he wants to stay, provided we find the right OC and OL coaches. That would certainly solve a huge void on the OL. We would still need to draft a LT though.

==========
AS AN ASIDE
it is absolutely semantics.

YOU point it out - what works for player A may not work for player B etc. It is not FEASIBLE to mollycoddle each and every player for their specific needs regarding coaching, and/or need for hand holding.

btw Trent Brown is a terrible example to float out there. He was here prior to his current stint. He knew exactly what it was like in New England before signing on the dotted line.

This whole issue is dumb. Its ****ing football. As a player you should expect hard coaching every week, even from a "players coach". So tired of this - its a dumbass excuse.

it is absolutely semantics.

YOU point it out - what works for player A may not work for player B etc. It is not FEASIBLE to mollycoddle each and every player for their specific needs regarding coaching, and/or need for hand holding.

btw Trent Brown is a terrible example to float out there. He was here prior to his current stint. He knew exactly what it was like in New England before signing on the dotted line.

This whole issue is dumb. Its ****ing football. As a player you should expect hard coaching every week, even from a "players coach". So tired of this - its a dumbass excuse.
OK, I understand your position. I think that your apporach would end up firing lots of players who are not cut now, and many here agree with you. And, many of these players will succeed on other teams.

For the moaning about gen-Z being soft, let me ask you all who made gen-Z that way.

Did they pop out of the womb mentally/emotionally soft, setting and pursuing their own societal values/principles? Or were they raised by parents/guardians/communities who instilled those values/principles? It’s 100% the latter.

And who were they raised by? Millennials and gen-X’ers … who were raised by Baby Boomers.

It’s like blaming the crops themselves for how they grew, instead of the farmers who planted and tended to them.

Last edited:
I’m surprised that Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis aren’t more dominant on the Eagle’s defensive line together. That much high draft capital at the DT position isn’t really paying dividends it seems.
It happens. Just because a player is picked high, doesn’t mean they will be good. That’s why teams have to be careful investing so much capital in one position. If they don’t pan out, that continues to be a need along with other positions that were neglected.

For the moaning about gen-Z being soft, let me ask you all who made gen-Z that way.

Did they pop out of the womb mentally/emotionally soft, setting and pursuing their own societal values/principles? Or were they raised by parents/guardians/communities who instilled those values/principles? It’s 100% the latter.

And who were they raised by? Millennials and gen-X’ers … who were raised by Baby Boomers.

It’s like blaming the crops themselves for how they grew, instead of the farmers who planted and tended to them.
Dude, don't blame Gen-X....we are perfect.. :whistle:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back