PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyquan Thornton already turning heads in the film room

Another huge second round draft bust by Belichick. This has got to stop. This especially hurts when there was the German from Central Michigan for the taking as Seabass II.

Still talking about N'Keal. Yawn! Time to move on.
No that was a FALSE narrative because people were in DENIAL about how bad N'Keal Harry actually was. If that story had any legs that would also mean that Tom Brady, Cam Newton and then Mac Jones were all in a CONSPIRACY to keep N'Keal Harry down by not throwing to him in all his years in New England.

The fact was N'Keal Harry was just too slow, couldn't create separation, didn't understand the offense, didn't get open, wasn't in the right place at the right time, made dumb plays because he didn't understand the offense, and so on and so forth. He was not a 1st round caliber receiver and was a colossal draft mistake because BB 'liked the interview' causing him to overrule the Patriots scout evaluations.
TY definitely has speed and I think I see some fight in him I guess the other two are still up for concern.

I asked because I recalled the story his rookie year was that Brady had kind of shut him out he was so bad it's hard to remember much about him lol.
If you don't want to talk about N'Keal Harry then why are you responding to this thread?

I'm speaking to somebody else who directly asked about the false myth that Brady was specificially shutting out N'Keal Harry which turned him into a 'bad player'. The truth is N'Keal Harry's failures lie squarely on his own shoulders and no matter how you bury your head in the sand, BB BLUNDERED this draft pick badly in a draft FULL of WR studs, just there to be had for the taking.

Let's see who else could we have had: Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Terry McLaurin. All these guys have been selected to least 1 pro bowl already.

I think I may have figured out why he's slow off the snap sometimes (and I'm talking about no press coverage). I've noticed this not great habit of his of picking up his back foot after the snap, leading to a delayed start. One play Agholor and Jakobi were already moving horizontally at .48s after the snap, and TT didn't start doing the same until .62s. He and Agholor were doing Go routes, and by 7-10yds, TT would be almost 2 yds behind. I've seen this happen comparing him with Bourne (who's stellar off the snap) and previous games, too .

.25s would be average visual reaction time, so he needs to clean that up if he wants to get good (yeah yeah catch the ball he's a bust blah blah check out the top WRs and all their dropped passes even just this year).

Glad he's playing a lot of snaps. He'll be important in the next few years and needs all the experience he can get, especially missing a chunk of the beginning of the season. I just hope he stays healthy.
Which is concerning bc that was actually a strength of his coming out. He was decisive and very quick off the line. Not uncommon to see false steps but combined with the lack of impact. Not exactly what you want to see. His releases looked pretty coming though.

Whoops didn't realize what I started.

Nah... No worries.

The first year similarities (high pick, injured early and missing games, struggling to adapt to the NFL game) make it a reasonable comparison for discussion purposes. And, in a 13 page thread, you're going to get side and tangential discussions.

Which is concerning bc that was actually a strength of his coming out. He was decisive and very quick off the line. Not uncommon to see false steps but combined with the lack of impact. Not exactly what you want to see. His releases looked pretty coming though.
What could have caused it to change?
Like bad coaching or is it just some mental thing?

Patriots 2nd round pick Tyquan Thornton
Regular Season181749.7211165.3

Steelers 2nd round pick George Pickens

Regular Season4770014.9423248.0

Steelers pick was 2 spots AFTER Patriots pick...... Not a blazer but better router runner!!!

Sadly, Tyquan ---> Bethel Johnson.

I'd be lying if I said I really have been watching Thornton super closely. From what little i have seen and just a quick look now. It seems to be somewhat inconsistent in terms of showing up. You will see it, false steps from time to time from most. Definitely a mental thing though bc he's not pressed on most of them.

Lol so much is riding on that pick

Another huge second round draft bust by Belichick. This has got to stop. This especially hurts when there was the German from Central Michigan for the taking as Seabass II.

When we played the Clots earlier in the season (Frank the Fourth Reich's last game as their HC), Bernhard RainMann was their LT and he was just Awful... Still think he would make a good Left Guard however, no worse than Strange69.... Let's see if he's improved any when they face the Chargers tonight...

Might be simply the difference between the coverages he saw in college and what he's seeing in the NFL... Some dudes can handle the step-up in competition, others cannot... BoneyT always looked to me like one of those who wouldn't be able to handle the Truth...

Might be simply the difference between the coverages he saw in college and what he's seeing in the NFL... Some dudes can handle the step-up in competition, others cannot... BoneyT always looked to me like one of those who wouldn't handle the Truth...
maybe some of our WR/TE can't figure the routes depending on coverage in the EP Offense

Patriots 2nd round pick Tyquan Thornton
Regular Season181749.7211165.3

Steelers 2nd round pick George Pickens

Regular Season4770014.9423248.0

Steelers pick was 2 spots AFTER Patriots pick...... Not a blazer but better router runner!!!

Sadly, Tyquan ---> Bethel Johnson.
He was hurt a for a while so maybe see how he progresses next year before throwing him out.

I am done believing the WR draft threads and training camp threads how great the latest draft steal looks.

Its the same pack of lies every season.

What's it matter? They will move it anyway...
Maybe this should be in the GDT Thread, where he's ignored or drops it.
Bah

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back