PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kitchens's comedy of errors @ Pats, all-22 rewatch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had to insert this here, sorry!

0:20-0:22 - - - Freddie Kitchens (with bewildered smile): "Was that a pass?"

I’d be surprised if Bill didn’t dial it back on the amount of Cover-0 he’s running just a bit and maybe shift into a bit more Cover-1/Cover-1 Robber. The Browns chewed that up with Chubb which is always a possibility when/if the back gets through the initial surge. It might have been covered already (I haven’t had the chance to check the entire thread yet), but I’d be legitimately curious to know how many of Chubb’s chunk runs of, say, 5 or more yards came against Cover-0. To me, it looked like a generous percentage of them.

I’d be surprised if Bill didn’t dial it back on the amount of Cover-0 he’s running just a bit and maybe shift into a bit more Cover-1/Cover-1 Robber. The Browns chewed that up with Chubb which is always a possibility when/if the back gets through the initial surge. It might have been covered already (I haven’t had the chance to check the entire thread yet), but I’d be legitimately curious to know how many of Chubb’s chunk runs of, say, 5 or more yards came against Cover-0. To me, it looked like a generous percentage of them.

From the bits and pieces I've seen so far, it seems that Collins had himself a bad day at the office. Got caught filling the wrong holes a couple times or just in the wrong lane. He is usually adept at run stuffing.

Went back and watched the all 22 focused on the Oline only. Holly batshit, Ferentz is terrible have no idea how he has a roster spot beyond Bill and Kirk being friends. Anyone dogging Michel needs to go watch it. Newhouse given who he was facing did ok job. Thuney was Thuney, Karras is not killing us but definitely miss Andrews.

Ferentz spent the majority of the game getting up off the ground for one reason or the other...rarely for something good. Hope Mason is back this week.

Went back and watched the all 22 focused on the Oline only. Holly batshit, Ferentz is terrible have no idea how he has a roster spot beyond Bill and Kirk being friends. Anyone dogging Michel needs to go watch it. Newhouse given who he was facing did ok job. Thuney was Thuney, Karras is not killing us but definitely miss Andrews.

Ferentz spent the majority of the game getting up off the ground for one reason or the other...rarely for something good. Hope Mason is back this week.

OL had a really bad day- only Karras did a decent job. Newhouse's worst game by far- allowed 9 pressures/hits/sacks.

And how bad must El Manure - a natural RG - be if he's still unable to convince the coaches to start him ahead of Thanksdad, one of the very Worst OLmen in All the NFL? And Bill gave away precious draft capital for this guy?

Bill the GM is killing Bill the HC...absolutely killing him...and us...and our chances at #7.

OL had a really bad day- only Karras did a decent job. Newhouse's worst game by far- allowed 9 pressures/hits/sacks.

I may have missed one or two in my amazement of how much suck Ferentz had. I also don't expect Newhouse to be very solid against a guy like Garret

From Lazars big writeup (see Film Review: In-Depth Look at Mohamed Sanu's Patriots Debut | CLNS Media ):

Screen-Shot-2019-10-29-at-5.42.29-PM.png

Didn't notice during the game that the big runs were mostly against dime. Makes sense and shows some respect for the Browns skill players.

The development of Wise and Butler from where they were in preseason is remarkable. It's what they have done that has kept Bryan Cowart on the sidelines and made Michael Bennett expendable. Who'd have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back