PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm seeing people saying last night (Rams-Chiefs) was an awesome game. It sucked

Whether it’s low scoring or high scoring, I’m fine if both teams are competitive and play on a level playing field. I don’t mind seeing a competitive game whether it’s 54-51 or 10-7. I don’t want to see games like 48-7. That’s not fun. Just ask Lane Johnson.

The distraught histrionics and declarations of the demise of football after one game featuring 2 of the best offenses of all time and some garbage defense is hilarious and dumb.

The game is changing and easier on the offense but as some twitter commentator pointed out it's not like we're gonna see the Bills and Jets pull off last night's performance next time they meet.

It depends on if you're a real FOOTBALL fan, which includes enjoying strong defensive play. I find more drama and tension in a hard-fought defensive struggle than last night's basketball-in-cleats farce. The best game of the weekend was Steelers at Jacksonville, which ended 20-16.
time for some off season baseball threads in the main forum.

The distraught histrionics and declarations of the demise of football after one game featuring 2 of the best offenses of all time and some garbage defense is hilarious and dumb.

The game is changing and easier on the offense but as some twitter commentator pointed out it's not like we're gonna see the Bills and Jets pull off last night's performance next time they meet.
But they aren’t 2 of the best offenses of all time, they are 2 of the most productive because they happen to be 2 of the best now, when the rules heavily favor offense.
There are many past offenses that would be way better than these 2 if they played under these rules.
It’s not one game that’s the issue it’s a trend toward handicapping defenses that keeps getting worse and last night was just an example.

Matt Barkley put up 41 last week after not playing for 2 years.......you obviously have no clue as to what you are looking at when it comes to football........21 penalties and 7 turnovers = ****ty football

I thought it was a great game, because when it was over we were 1 game out of the 1 seed and the tram we trail just allows 54 points.

Matt Barkley put up 41 last week after not playing for 2 years.......you obviously have no clue as to what you are looking at when it comes to football........21 penalties and 7 turnovers = ****ty football

Oh no way one game with a high score in a lopsided from a guy that totally proves the demise of football. When 50+ points on each side become the norm I'll agree with the knee jerk 'dey killed are foooootball' parroting.

Lemme know when you're gonna get over getting called out for halfassed nonsense in another thread, cause I don't do this childish carry a grudge from one thread to another bs. Cut back on the weed dude, trust me, I'm feeling great since I weened myself off that ****. You're too sensitive.

Oh no way one game with a high score in a lopsided from a guy that totally proves the demise of football. When 50+ points on each side become the norm I'll agree with the knee jerk 'dey killed are foooootball' parroting.

Lemme know when you're gonna get over getting called out for halfassed nonsense in another thread, cause I don't do this childish carry a grudge from one thread to another bs. Cut back on the weed dude, trust me, I'm feeling great since I weened myself off that ****. You're too sensitive.

by your head up *** logic, this is awesome football:

Cleveland Browns at Oakland Raiders - September 30th, 2018 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Raiders 47 Browns 42.....lol.....2 of the great offenses

That’s kind of the point. It’s hypocritical to applaud our team when we score a lot of points and then turn around and say last nights game sucked because they scored a lot of points too.
haha, moving the goal posts now? Cute tactic. Not going to work.;)

Exactly. I was being fake empathetic.

Yeah...caught that. I thought you'd appreciate me driving the ball since you set up on the tee and all ;)

Maybe nfl* will change footballs to red, white & blue like ABA Basketball days of no defense and explosive offenses. Ahh Yes, days of my boy Dr.J, good friend, great guy.

lkrwtf.gif

This Patriots were putting up 38,38,43 and 38 points in a four game stretch, and people were complaining that they'd missed too many plays on offense, and that the play was still a bit disappointing.

The Patriots of 2007 had, perhaps, the most explosive offense ever seen on an NFL field.

We've seen explosive. We know explosive. We just don't confuse points with greatness because, as fans of the 2007-2018 Patriots, we've seen enough to understand that one does not always equate with the other.

And the Patriots already played, and beat, the Chiefs. We were calling that an instant classic when the Patriots won 43-40?

No.
The difference is the pats methodically move the ball down the field, not many explosive plays. Watching a game where both teams just chuck it up to open receivers 30-40 yards down field is not entertaining....IMO

It was entertaining thast for sure, its what the NFL wants....I could less either way....it was fun and entertaining...defensive games make me sleepy....

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back