PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm seeing people saying last night (Rams-Chiefs) was an awesome game. It sucked

It was a fun game. Those saying it sucked because of the offenses most likely would be thrilled if we were that explosive.

I'm a Saints fan and my team's offense is that explosive.

But that game was not well-played, good fundamentally sound football. It looked like two high school teams with crap defenses. (I also know a little bit about crap defenses, LOL)

I'd much rather watch a game where each team gets 8-9 possessions and there are 2-3 turnovers tops, where almost every throw is tightly contested, there aren't a bajillion penalty flags, etc.

All I know about those two teams after that game is that both QBs can throw the ball a long way and that their defenses are hot trash.

it was NCAAFL football
It's the kind of football TCU, Baylor and Texas Tech were all playing before Mahomes got drafted. Entertaining as heck in its way but I never thought of it as NFL quality football.

Except your above stats support the point regarding how out of control scoring is. Big difference between 74 points and 105 when looking at #1 vs. #2.
The point is there have been high scoring games in the past. Hell there are two other games in NFL history in which more points were scored.

With that said I do agree scoring is up.

Seahawks 27 Packers 24

Bears 25 Vikings 20

Steelers 20 Jaguars 16

Cowboys 22 Falcons 19

Lions 20 Panthers 19

Ravens 24 Bengals 21

Texans 23 Redskins 21

Raiders 23 Cardinals 21

Broncos 23 Chargers 22

Am I missing something here?

It’s only a few teams that are consistently great offensively. Then there are random teams that light it up for a game them go back down to earth. I’d rather watch last nights game than some of the horrible games played by the Bills and such. This is a good data score set that will help people see that last nights game isn’t the norm.

It was a fun game. Those saying it sucked because of the offenses most likely would be thrilled if we were that explosive.

lkrwtf.gif

This Patriots were putting up 38,38,43 and 38 points in a four game stretch, and people were complaining that they'd missed too many plays on offense, and that the play was still a bit disappointing.

The Patriots of 2007 had, perhaps, the most explosive offense ever seen on an NFL field.

We've seen explosive. We know explosive. We just don't confuse points with greatness because, as fans of the 2007-2018 Patriots, we've seen enough to understand that one does not always equate with the other.

And the Patriots already played, and beat, the Chiefs. We were calling that an instant classic when the Patriots won 43-40?

No.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean a defense would have intercepted the ball a couple of times and forced a fumble at least once. Oh, wait.
2011 pats defense intercepted quite a few balls, yet they sucked...

Enough with the wise ass comments. You guys know what the OP means.

Yeah we already beat one of the teams in that game, but ok....:rolleyes:

i have anyway to admit...WHAT A GAME...breathless...i love this sport...

It'll be interesting to see if the Patriots change who they make the focal point the second time around. The first time, it was pretty clear they went all-in on stopping Kelce. Whether they just feared him more than Hill or they didn't think they could stop Hill even if they made him the focal point is anyone's guess.
I don't think they did that from what I remember. Kelce got attention a few times but he was being covered 1 on 1 many times in the game. Kelce never got mugged with gunner coverage like Gronk did in that game.

105 points, 1065 yards. If you think that young QBs holding the ball too long and throwing footballs up for grabs = defense, then I have prime ocean front property in Arizona with your name on it.

And yet you were ready to retire to bed at the half last night o_O

I would rather see last night's game than a bills-browns crap fest.
well obviously a fair point all of us can agree with, I mean it's the browns vs bills lol! o_O

And yet you were ready to retire to bed at the half last night o_O

I did. There are subsequent highlights and articles about the game after the fact that you can look at.

You think the rule changes were made for fantasy football o_O
Haha, you're so naive. In fact it is indirectly. When Bendover Bob and "Jerrah" are investing in crap like draft kings etc, you know it is. If stats were down, fantasy football would be down. All about ratings, clicks and hits. You're in denial if you don't think fantasy football is huge for NYJFL* and corrupt 32.

Yeah we already beat one of the teams in that game, but ok....:rolleyes:

That’s kind of the point. It’s hypocritical to applaud our team when we score a lot of points and then turn around and say last nights game sucked because they scored a lot of points too.

lkrwtf.gif

This Patriots were putting up 38,38,43 and 38 points in a four game stretch, and people were complaining that they'd missed too many plays on offense, and that the play was still a bit disappointing.

The Patriots of 2007 had, perhaps, the most explosive offense ever seen on an NFL field.

We've seen explosive. We know explosive. We just don't confuse points with greatness because, as fans of the 2007-2018 Patriots, we've seen enough to understand that one does not always equate with the other.

And the Patriots already played, and beat, the Chiefs. We were calling that an instant classic when the Patriots won 43-40?

No.

I know how good we can be offensively. With Gronkowski back and Gordon assimilated further we can hang with anyone. My response was to people complaining about how boring a 50 point game is, when in fact they were most likely ecstatic when we were putting up similar numbers.

I know how good we can be offensively. With Gronkowski back and Gordon assimilated further we can hang with anyone. My response was to people complaining about how boring a 50 point game is, when in fact they were most likely ecstatic when we were putting up similar numbers.

But who's complaining strictly about the point totals? I'm not seeing that. Even in the old days of real football, there were high scoring games, and I think people understand that. Hell, the highest scoring game in NFL history is a game from 1966.

Some people are talking about trends (valid issues), some people are talking about game-specific problems (valid issues), and some people are talking about both. But I'm not people saying that it's impossible for a game to be a good game if a lot of points are scored.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back