PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm seeing people saying last night (Rams-Chiefs) was an awesome game. It sucked

It was a fun game to watch though. Although, I admit I thought LA defense was going to do a little better against KC. They did get turnovers but KC still managed to score 50 pts. All nonsense aside, it was an entertaining MNF game. Most MNF and TNF games suck but this year has been different.

Are you kidding me? It's a football game for goodness sakes!! Plenty of things in life to be ashamed of but this isn't is one of them.

You should try to be a little more open to opinions that differ from yours.

I'm open to opinions that differ from mine. I'm not open to idiotic notion of a 7 turnover, 21 penalty **** show being called an instant classic.

And it's not just you who should feel shame. Everyone who's promoting that game as an instant classic should be feeling it.

The game was fun to watch and reminded me of how pi$$ed we were during the Super Bowl against the Eagles for playing such inept defense.

I don't think either one of those two teams will be in the Super Bowl. They make mistakes on offense and their defenses can't stop anybody. Both QBs had two strip sacks each, and theyr threw a combined six interceptions. Anybody that knows how to manage the clock and move the chains beats either one of those teams.

When the Rams had that 40-30 lead after the pick six, they played man-to-man press coverage on Tyreek Hill, the one guy they had to stop. He wound up in the end zone with the ball on a 25-yar d pass play that was blown coverage with no safety help. Morons.

The Rams took no one away and hoped for (and got) turnovers. Lucky is better than good, I guess. The Chiefs defense just plain sucks.

If the Patriots play the Chiefs in the playoffs, Tyreek Hill will be in for a long day and lots of hits. Mahomes needs to be forced to stay behind his offensive line. When he steps up and throws moving forward he's deadly. Flat-footed he sucks. Mahomes was also exhausted at the end. That last interception was ten yards short and looked like the common Denver Manning Duck.

It'll be interesting to see if the Patriots change who they make the focal point the second time around. The first time, it was pretty clear they went all-in on stopping Kelce. Whether they just feared him more than Hill or they didn't think they could stop Hill even if they made him the focal point is anyone's guess.

I'm open to opinions that differ from mine. I'm not open to idiotic notion of a 7 turnover, 21 penalty **** show being called an instant classic.

And it's not just you who should feel shame. Everyone who's promoting that game as an instant classic should be feeling it.

Doubling down with the "shame" nonsense, lol.

Happy Thanksgiving Deus, you crusty ole bugger!

105 points, 1065 yards. If you think that young QBs holding the ball too long and throwing footballs up for grabs = defense, then I have prime ocean front property in Arizona with your name on it.

You see, you can't both claim that it was all offense when three of the scores were by the defense.

You see, you can't both claim that it was all offense when three of the scores were by the defense.

Ah, yes. How many were forced and not just simply the product of heaves and/or bad pocket presence by the young QBs?

People are out of control here.

Last year the Rams and Iggles were 1 and 2 in offense, played and it was 43-35

In 2016 Falcons and Saints were 1 and 2 and the average score was 42-32

When two high scoring teams with crappy defenses face off, it happens.

Last edited:
One possible rule change they could do is get rid of the Ty Law rule. At least then corners would be able to do a bit more. It wouldn’t compromise the safety side of the game either.

I turned it off at halftime and watched a few episodes of Narcos

looked like a college game, and not a good one

just not liking the direction the league is going, at all

it's like arena football minus the tshirt cannons

I just finished Narcos -Mexico.

Did not disappoint.

Ah, yes. How many were forced and not just simply the product of heaves and/or bad pocket presence by the young QBs?

But if the defense is so bad why would that matter?

Doubling down with the "shame" nonsense, lol.

Happy Thanksgiving Deus, you crusty ole bugger!

Which coach did a good job in the final two minutes?
Which QB showed good pocket play?
Which defensive backfield played well?
When did a 7 turnover game become a good thing?
When did a 21 penalty game become a good thing?

Again, I don't mind differences of opinion (and, given that the player who is perhaps my biggest personnel error ever, in any sport, was playing in that game (Aaron Donald), I am certainly mindful of the fact that my opinion is not always the correct one), but I mind obviously ridiculous takes.

'Classic', in the sense of the word meant by people calling this game an instant classic, refers to a great game that will stand the test of time. Historically, such games usually have some mix of the following:

Greatness of play (Chargers v. Dolphins 1982)
Elevated stakes (extraordinarily important regular season game, playoffs, etc...
Freakish environment or happenings (snow bowl, ice bowl, etc...)

None of that was really present here, though you might stretch to get one of the 3 by trying to argue that a week 10 interconference game between conference leaders is something crucial.

Last edited:
If we had a tyreek hill type talent on our offense, people would cream their pants. I don’t wanna hear any BS about “Hill boring to watch him blow by defenders.” Come on!

You want defense? What about Donald’s two strip sacks last night? Or Chris Jones and Justin Houston making O lineman look foolish? If we had talents like that on our D, people here would be estatic!

For the record, I think we match up great against KC and Brady always owns Pitt. We can beat anyone in the AFC

But if the defense is so bad why would that matter?

The question makes zero sense. On top of those two stats that I quoted for you previously, Kansas City became the first team EVER to score over 50 and lose. You're welcome to believe that anything remotely resembling defense was playing last night if you wish, but everything else points to the contrary.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back