PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Update] NFL moves Chiefs-Rams game from Mexico City due to poor field conditions

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
OT: NFL could move Chiefs-Rams game from Mexico City because of poor field conditions

I would think this helps the Rams, which in turn could help the Pats.
Mexico City is in jeopardy of losing its marquee “Monday Night Football” game between the Rams and Kansas City Chiefs because of poor field conditions at Azteca Stadium.

The NFL confirmed Tuesday morning that it was looking into the condition of the playing surface after a concert on Saturday, nine days before kickoff, left it in serious disrepair.

“We are working closely with the field manager at Azteca Stadium and others to ensure that we have an NFL quality surface for our game, and we are looking forward to kicking off in Mexico City on Monday night,” league spokesman Brian McCarthy said in a written statement.
NFL could move Chiefs-Rams game from Mexico City because of poor field conditions - Los Angeles Times

Doesn't really help the poor slobs from the States that bought plane tickets and boarding in Mexico City, though. Unless the NFL is planning on reimbursing the fans for that (which I would doubt).

I hope they play. Great opportunity for the Chiefs to lose. And perhaps their beloved woman-beating star finally tweaks an ankle.

NFL putting games all over the globe...$$ grabbing *****.

So happy this is a **** show

I really hope they keep it there and get all the flak in the world..but they will move it if players are threatening to sit out

I’d love to see the players take a stand and not play. Was very surprised the games that were played in California this weekend and last night with the air quality rated unhealthy.

Game needs to be moved back to LA where it’s supposed to be.

I’d love to see the players take a stand and not play. Was very surprised the games that were played in California this weekend and last night with the air quality rated unhealthy.

If the game is moved back to L.A., I think it will benefit the Chiefs as well... better chances of fans flying out to L.A., than MXC.

Doesn't really help the poor slobs from the States that bought plane tickets and boarding in Mexico City, though. Unless the NFL is planning on reimbursing the fans for that (which I would doubt).
On the positive side, these "poor slobs" won't be needing to spend money on Imodium, toilet paper, private security, or kidnap insurance.

Keep the game in Mexico City, have the Rams show up and the Chiefs sit out and forfeit. By rule, a 2-0 Rams win.

Hate to see that if it happens. :)

The NYFL is more concerned with the Mexican fans than the American fans, so it will get fixed.

I doubt the players' opinions matter.

If I were a fan of either team I wouldn't be happy.

On the positive side, these "poor slobs" won't be needing to spend money on Imodium, toilet paper, private security, or kidnap insurance.

I’ve been to our Mexico game last year and it was great actually. There was also a meeting of local Patriots fan-clubs and the people were really nice. Maybe I was lucky, but had only positive emotions after the trip.

If the NFL is finally caring about playing field conditions, perhaps they can look at Heinz Field and Hard Rock Stadium?
Guess they’ll have to play us at Gillette if they can’t get up to snuff.

The League is sitting on a goldmine, yet instead of living in luxury, they continue to fowl up the game to the point they are at risk of giving it away...... it’s almost as if Commish and friends WANT to always make the stupid choice, just to see how long it’d take them to ruin the NFL.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back