PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If a trade was to be made...

Status
Not open for further replies.

catent

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
what specific position would you like to see addressed?

In my opinion, I'd like to see the following position(s) addressed, in the following order:

(1) interior DL
(1a) interior LB
(2) edge defender (DE/OLB)
(3) in-the-box safety (a bit of a luxury)
(4) WR/TE (I consider this to be more of a luxury too)

With McClellin presumably returning from IR at some point I think LB is slightly less of a priority than interior DL. I obviously like Hightower and his versatility, and I'm higher on Van Noy than others seem to be. With McClellin's return I assume Van Noy will be freed up a bit and asked to do less, thus increasing his confidence and production and slightly reducing the need at LB.

Any interior defensive linemen folks here on high on? Or, do you feel another position is more pressing? I'd be curious as to folks' thoughts on a potential trade prior to the deadline.

what specific position would you like to see addressed?

In my opinion, I'd like to see the following position(s) addressed, in the following order:

(1) interior DL
(1a) interior LB
(2) edge defender (DE/OLB)
(3) in-the-box safety (a bit of a luxury)
(4) WR/TE (I consider this to be more of a luxury too)

With McClellin presumably returning from IR at some point I think LB is slightly less of a priority than interior DL. I obviously like Hightower and his versatility, and I'm higher on Van Noy than others seem to be. With McClellin's return I assume Van Noy will be freed up a bit and asked to do less, thus increasing his confidence and production and slightly reducing the need at LB.

Any interior defensive linemen folks here on high on? Or, do you feel another position is more pressing? I'd be curious as to folks' thoughts on a potential trade prior to the deadline.
Well without Branch we are thin in the middle. But it's about run d so the answer may be in the ps unless branch gets straight.

I'd like to upgrade the DE spot. When flowers slides inside in passing downs if we want to keep HT off the line at least sometimes all we have is wise and marsh at de.
Mcclellin may solve that too. Either by him getting reps there or freeing vannoy too.
It seems like Akeem Ayers would have been a good fit but skill levels can change a lot in 3 years at his age and position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Thomas

Browns are a dumpster fire right now and Thomas is getting older. Would be great for us for the next few years and I'd think we could get him for a 3rd.

why do i feel like butler will get traded??? jamie collins style.

No way. Our secondary will get better. I think they could offer a late pick for a guy maybe like aaron lynch. Lynch will be a free agent.

I don't see that happening, man having Jones step into a full time role does not give me a warm fuzzy. They need continuity back there and that would do the exact opposite.

Joe Thomas

Browns are a dumpster fire right now and Thomas is getting older. Would be great for us for the next few years and I'd think we could get him for a 3rd.

Do you move him to right tackle? I don't get the o-line woes, its the same damn line from last year.

You play him at LT. Woes fixed.

I think we'll be fine without him but he is better than Solder.

I think our line woes go further than just Solder. Seems the whole group has played poorly.

You must be drunk
Why ever give the Steelers a franchise QB?

I'm a bit hung over and there might be some alcohol left in my blood ...

Seriously TJ Watt is a beast and I think Brady will play until he's 45 so I doubt it will happen after trading Brissett but I'd hate to see Jimmy G walking for nothing in FA or Brady in another jersey ...

You must be drunk
Why ever give the Steelers a franchise QB?

JG is a franchise QB? 6 Quarters? Plus how will he do in that system. And as mentioned I doubt JG plays a meaningful snap for the pats unless something really bad happens.

You think the Pats should pay JG a ton of dough to sit on the bench? I dont.

I'm a bit hung over and there might be some alcohol left in my blood ...

Seriously TJ Watt is a beast and I think Brady will play until he's 45 so I doubt it will happen after trading Brissett but I'd hate to see Jimmy G walking for nothing in FA or Brady in another jersey ...
Jimmy wouldn't go without top compensation and Brady would retire before wearing another Jersey unless it's San Fran in my opinion.

Low priority target and most probably a year too early for it to be cheap but I would try to throw a mid round pick at the Texans for Braxton Miller. Keeps being inactive for them but has the physical skills to be another quick twitch player like Edelman down the line.

Just browse some of the discussions we had on the draft board about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes