PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots DE Position.. What to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Harris can be a capable signal caller which then moves Hightower onto the line and IF he can stay healthy then they'll be fine.

Two big IFs.

I was pleased with what I saw last night. Harris still has it even though it's his 11th season. Still has a nose for the ball, still swarming.

How in the world did Shawn Crable go in the third round of the draft?

I'm sure BB would like to have a mulligan on that one.

Had 4.6 speed as a OLB. Not bad at all.

Identifying potential DE trade targets for Patriots around the NFL

DE- Michael Johnson- Bengals
OLB/ DE- Jeremy Attaochu- Chargers
OLB- Eli Harold- 49ers
DE- Mario Williams- FA
DE/ OLB- Brian Robison- Vikings
DE- Karl Klug- Titans
OLB- Tamba Hali- Chiefs
DE- Allen Bailey- Chiefs
DE- Wes Horton- Panthers
OLB- Paul Kruger- FA
Dare I say DE- Robert Quinn- Rams???

It's mostly a dream, but I guess Quinn might be a possibility if he's traded for mid-season, where his cap hit would be much lower than his current one of $10.7M. Around week 7 he'd cost ~$6M.

We spent a third round draft pick on Geneo Grissom back in 2015. It's his 3rd year in the league now. That's a high pick. Is he ready or not?

It's mostly a dream, but I guess Quinn might be a possibility if he's traded for mid-season, where his cap hit would be much lower than his current one of $10.7M. Around week 7 he'd cost ~$6M.

I know that list is the best of the rest otherwise they would not be available but if need be I'm pretty confident they'll get someone that can contribute.

Looking at the sidebar lol ****ing douchebag breer "Pass rushing DE has become a legitimate weakness"

How can anyone make an assessment based on 2 games which the staring defense wasn't whole and played like 2-3 series.

It's like saying because Butler gave up a long pass when the guy borderline pushed off and gave up a TD in preseason it undoes the last 2 seasons of his play.

Last edited:
We spent a third round draft pick on Geneo Grissom back in 2015. It's his 3rd year in the league now. That's a high pick. Is he ready or not?

And he does already have more sacks than his guy on the Giants that we're supposed to be salivating over.

How in the world did Shawn Crable go in the third round of the draft?
I was psyched when the Pats drafted Crable. I was watching a lot of Big 10 games then. I thought he was going to be all-world. That was one of many reasons why you should never take my evaluations of players. "why the hell did they waste a draft pick on that Brady kid from Michigan. He couldn't even start full time. Besides we have the QB of the future in Michael Bishop"

Identifying potential DE trade targets for Patriots around the NFL

DE- Michael Johnson- Bengals
OLB/ DE- Jeremy Attaochu- Chargers
OLB- Eli Harold- 49ers
DE- Owamagbe Odighizuwa- Giants
DE- Mario Williams- FA
DE/ OLB- Brian Robison- Vikings
DE- Karl Klug- Titans
OLB- Tamba Hali- Chiefs
DE- Allen Bailey- Chiefs
DE- Wes Horton- Panthers
OLB- Paul Kruger- FA
Dare I say DE- Robert Quinn- Rams???

Ex Raider and Brown Desmond Bryant released today. Harvard guy who signed a pretty big deal with Cleveland and fell off the earth. More of a de/dt hybrid than a de/olb. Among ex-Raiders, whatever happened to de/olb Matt Shaughnessy who the Pats brought in for a visit before he resigned with the Cards? I see the Cards cut him 2 yrs ago. He must have retired? Any idea how another ex-Raider Lamar Houston is doing. I know he got hurt last year, but was a pretty good all around de. Yes, he's the one who got hurt celebrating a sack on JG when the Bears were losing by 20 points a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft