PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots DE Position.. What to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
devin taylor is a guy to keep an eye the last game

Especially when Perdue's Cliff Avril was still available.
Oh shoot, it hurts just reading that.

I try not to play the hindsight drafting game, though. It can be maddening.

Especially when Perdue's Cliff Avril was still available.

One of my favorite players that year. I was convinced he would end up here. Ah well.

I had similar suspicions that Jordan Willis would be a Patriot this year, but apparently we preferred to go in a different direction. So far, he has had a sack in each game this preseason, and even his coaches in Cincinatti think that he's "too serious" and hardworking. That's probably why they're not a top tier program, but it also highlights why I thought he had the attitude and work ethic to excel here.

Not hindsight to me; I really, really wanted Avril at that point. Purdue had/has a rep for producing college DEs who become NFL 3-4 OLBs, e.g. Ninkovich, Rosie Colvin.

Jordan Willis / Derek Rivers = Cliff Avril / Chicken Legs Crable.

Ahmad Brooks is visiting with the Packers and Broncos. It would be interesting if the Patriots have any interest, he could fill the Ninkovich role and is versatile.

devin taylor is a guy to keep an eye the last game
Ehhh, Detroit lost Hyder already. Can't see them getting rid of him.

I like the Willie Young idea that's been thrown around, though. The Bears have more pass rushers than they know what to do with.

Last edited:
Ehhh, Detroit lost Hyder already. Can't see them getting rid of him.

I like the Willie Young idea that's been thrown around, though. The Bears have more pass rushers than they know what to do with.

He is with the giants now.

He's been suspended for the first 4 games of the season for testing for a banned substance in the NFL's illegal performance enhancement policy.

Thanks for that. I don't know much about him.

He is with the giants now.
Had a feeling I should've checked on that. Wonder if he's any good at all though if Detroit, with their pass rushing issues, didn't want him.

The 49ers have a lot of depth. Making a trade with them would make sense.

One of my favorite players that year. I was convinced he would end up here. Ah well.

I had similar suspicions that Jordan Willis would be a Patriot this year, but apparently we preferred to go in a different direction. So far, he has had a sack in each game this preseason, and even his coaches in Cincinatti think that he's "too serious" and hardworking. That's probably why they're not a top tier program, but it also highlights why I thought he had the attitude and work ethic to excel here.

BB kind of has a mind of his own when it Comes to the draft. Read Michael Holleyw book. BB swings and misses a lot, sometimes outsmarts himself. Overall, his drafting is very good, solid. And he obviously has had some huge hits. But he's had some very frustrating ones that are unexplainable.

I will be very disappointed if willis goes on to have a much better career than rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back