PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical trade - J Collins back to NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collins would fit right in with a Rex Ryan style defense. He clearly isn’t a guy that wants to do what he’s told and that’s why he was shipped out.

I can't imagine why the Browns would convert his salary to signing bonus and eat the dead cap to facilitate a trade. They can cut Collins after this season with only 2.5 million dead cap.

That said, if they're actually willing to eat that money so they can get a 7th round pick, I'd do the trade.

He would have to restructure his deal and take less money.
And maybe give us an additional draft pick from the browns to take him back.

He would address a need, but his contract is too loaded in base salary, Pats don't have the cap space to afford it without making major cuts to the roster. It would also almost certainly be a one-year rental, since his contract is easy to cut with minimal dead cap after this season.

Both of Peytons 2 touchdown passes against the Pats in the AFCCC a few years back were against Jamie in coverage. He had spurts where he played great (Houston when Jacoby was QB for example). It seems like as soon as he got payed he stopped playing.

Jamie Collins is the epitome of what happens to a player that goes south after getting paid.
No thanks, he had a mostly good run here but that ship has sailed.

REJECT+BUTTON.gif

"Jamie Collins is the epitome of a player who was overrated by both team and fans because of the obsession with measurables over actual play."

I agree with your take on overvaluing measurables and would add "media" as well as fans overvalue it. However, I'm curious in what way the team overvalued him? I assume you're referring to overvaluing him in the draft? Otherwise, given the hoopla from fans and media regarding JC, the team demonstrated they didn't value him. No?

Hindsight is 20/20 -- and a virtue for Internet posting :) -- yet that we got a third round for JC (ummm, or was it a fourth?) was fortunate.

"Jamie Collins is the epitome of a player who was overrated by both team and fans because of the obsession with measurables over actual play."

I agree with your take on overvaluing measurables and would add "media" as well as fans overvalue it. However, I'm curious in what way the team overvalued him? I assume you're referring to overvaluing him in the draft? Otherwise, given the hoopla from fans and media regarding JC, the team demonstrated they didn't value him. No?

Hindsight is 20/20 -- and a virtue for Internet posting :) -- yet that we got a third round for JC (ummm, or was it a fourth?) was fortunate.

My position on Collins is not hindsight. You can go look it up, if you choose.

My position on Collins is not hindsight. You can go look it up, if you choose.

The 'hindsight is 20/20' comment was not directed at you/your post I was commenting on. My mistake if it came across that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes