PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical trade - J Collins back to NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time anyone correctly predicted any in-season NFL trade by anyone?

Then you figure a trade involving the always tight-lipped Patriots, and the odds sharply dip toward zero.

Trade speculation is fun in the NBA and MLB, but for the NFL it is just hot air.

Awesome...so he sucks and can’t do **** in Cleveland. He was shipped out of here for essentially nothing (a third round pick when we would have a third round comp pick anyway) in the midst of a championship run with the #1 ranked defense. Let’s do some cap gymnastics so we can get him back here.

No, as shocked as I was over the move it was clearly the right one. He is not a leader on the field and some of the clips of his lack of effort in a Browns uniform have been Haynesworth level.

What would you recommend?

Youre telling me that if BB got Collins for cheap that he would not figure a way out to get him on the roster?

When was the last time anyone correctly predicted any in-season NFL trade by anyone?

Then you figure a trade involving the always tight-lipped Patriots, and the odds sharply dip toward zero.

Trade speculation is fun in the NBA and MLB, but for the NFL it is just hot air.

Is Gordon an example?

There is always a way to make cap space.

All teams do it. Would you rather go all in now with Brady and this team or wait until the cap clears up and risk no Brady? I know what I would do and that is find room to do this deal if the Browns are selling.

At one time Jamie Collins was the Pats best LB if not the best player on the defense.

As fans, some of us deluded ourselves into thinking this, but he was exposed as being unable to cover TEs effectively (thank you Owen Daniels). As others have mentioned, he was doing far too much freelancing and there was the supposed blow-up with Flores/Patricia as well.

• Still sucks at the point of attack
  • Still overrated as a coverage LB
  • Still no sign of him getting "it"

Other than the whole "Who the hell knows what BB is thinking?" thing, why the hell would BB go through the hassle of screwing with the cap in order to bring that back in?

The question is not whether we could find a way to make the cap space. The question is do you want to go through all that effort for a guy you banished to Cleveland because you couldn't trust him to be where he was supposed to be? I highly doubt he's suddenly become MORE disciplined playing for the Browns.

Exactly.

Did marquis flowers make it through waivers yet?

Did marquis flowers make it through waivers yet?

He’s a vested veteran, so he’s not subject to waivers until after the trading deadline. And, like Mike Gillislee, his salary was fully guaranteed after being on the Lions roster for week one, Thus, he has no incentive to sign anywhere unless someone pays him more than the Lions are paying him to sit on his couch.

Youre telling me that if BB got Collins for cheap that he would not figure a way out to get him on the roster?
What is your definition of “cheap,” though? At his current salary, Collins would be battling Stephon Gilmore for second highest cap hit on the team behind Brady. I’m pretty sure that they’re both slightly above 12m.

I haven’t read through the entire thread, so maybe I’m missing some type of proposal, but how would Collins be inexpensive enough to warrant consideration?

How about we go for three Collins? Jamie, Phil and Judy for that 7th rounder somebody suggested earlier sounds good to me.

Please don't put Judy in with other mediocrity Collins's! I've been totally enamored with Judy from the first time I heard her 1961 debut album A Maid of Constant Sorrow. And to this day my feelings have not diminished one iota. Many evenings I sit on my back deck and listen to a disc on which I've recorded fifteen to twenty of her best known songs. Her rendition of Dylan's Mr. Tambourine Man still plucks at my heart.

But when it comes to Jamie, "It's just a shadow you're seeing that he's chasing"

Jamie Collins was a solid weakside LB who produced a great 2014 campaign and 2015 as well, until the post season.

Well. That's really as much input as I have. I bought his jersey when he was brought in those few games in 2013. Loved the guy .but he doesn't want to play the weakside the way Belichick wants him. Oh well.

I don't think BB appreciates Collins as a player anymore.

If memory serves, BB actually questioned Collins' commitment to the game after he told interviewers that he would rather play video games than watch football. Then there was the whole freelancing on spectacle which doesn't help anybody, much less the defense. Those two strikes are enough for BB to leave them in the rear-view mirror. This is not even mentioning the money we'd have to pay Collins in 2017.

Is he a good player? Yes. But Bill has made it clear from the Adalius Thomas' of the world that he'd rather have third stringers who love the game on the field over pro bowlers who half-ass it.

He’s an exciting player because of his athleticism. Remember people going nuts that he could do backflips across the field?

BFD. I’d rather have a guy that is where he’s supposed to be.

Please don't put Judy in with other mediocrity Collins's! I've been totally enamored with Judy from the first time I heard her 1961 debut album A Maid of Constant Sorrow. And to this day my feelings have not diminished one iota. Many evenings I sit on my back deck and listen to a disc on which I've recorded fifteen to twenty of her best known songs. Her rendition of Dylan's Mr. Tambourine Man still plucks at my heart.

But when it comes to Jamie, "It's just a shadow you're seeing that he's chasing"

There were great moments with Jamie Collins. Judy never blocked an Adam Vinatieri field goal like this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes