PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots activate Trent Brown, place Jamie Collins on injured reserve

Yes. Wynn has shown to be a poor guard.

When was this? I may be missing something, but wasn't Wynn an excellent guard in college? And wasn't that the last time he has actually played guard?

Regardless of what position they finally decide on, the Oline must be there this game.
I'm not sure brown will play in this game, he hasn't played in months and only just started practicing, so theres the rust factor and game shape issues. I hope i'm wrong and he can play today

3 pages in and I still haven't heard anything about Collins, instead this is yet another polluted thread. Knock it off.

I know it seems he injured his ankle on the tackle after his INT but I hope this isn't a high ankle sprain.

As for Brown, it remains to be seen if his best year in the NFL was largely aided by Brady getting rid of the ball so quickly, because when he's had a QB that holds it for a little longer, we don't see the same results. Obviously, Mac Jones is still holding the ball a lot longer than Brady did after his first year. And that's OK.

I'd be in favor of keeping Owenu at RT, putting Brown at LT, moving Wynn to LG and putting Karras on the bench.

Good lineup. I agree. Makes a lot of sense.

As for the Welker story that's pretty funny, and ironic since the team actually did then adopt a ton of slants and in-cuts into the offense via the slot WR option route offense downloaded from Urban Meyer. Welker + Edelman for a decade.

Last edited:
I'm not sure brown will play in this game, he hasn't played in months and only just started practicing, so theres the rust factor and game shape issues. I hope i'm wrong and he can play today
I would be very surprised if he didn’t play today. No reason to activate him otherwise. They still had another two weeks to do so.

I would be very surprised if he didn’t play today. No reason to activate him otherwise. They still had another two weeks to do so.
He’s active

Trent Brown at RT made a huge difference against the Browns. That first drive after the only score of the day for the Browns was dominant by the OL and sent a statement to the front seven that the Patriots would not be intimidated. I hope this group stays intact.

Trent Brown at RT made a huge difference against the Browns. That first drive after the only score of the day for the Browns was dominant by the OL and sent a statement to the front seven that the Patriots would not be intimidated. I hope this group stays intact.

Surprised, to say the least, that Brown was splitting reps with Onwenu, aka the Pats Best OLman... I want to see him next split reps on Thursday with Isaiah Wynn (& his weekly Offensive Holding penalty that negates a big play), while Wynn splits them with Karras at LG in preparation for the Brown - Wynn - Andrews - Mason - Onwenu lineup vs the Titties...

Surprised, to say the least, that Brown was splitting reps with Onwenu, aka the Pats Best OLman... I want to see him next split reps on Thursday with Isaiah Wynn (& his weekly Offensive Holding penalty that negates a big play), while Wynn splits them with Karras at LG in preparation for the Brown - Wynn - Andrews - Mason - Onwenu lineup vs the Titties...
OLine did fine yesterday. Steady as she goes.

I really want Brown to work on ball skills for some tackle eligible action. Get the ball in his hands in space and let the freight train roll!

Can I steal The Titties?

Agree. Their best lineup is Brown - Wynn - Andrews - Mason - Onwenu.

But thinking about it more, I'd rather they not play Onwenu at left guard now, just keep him in this vague role right now until Wynn gets another ankle/knee injury which is bound to happen based on 4 years of history with Wynn. Then Trent slides over.

Agree. Their best lineup is Brown - Wynn - Andrews - Mason - Onwenu.

But thinking about it more, I'd rather they not play Onwenu at left guard now, just keep him in this vague role right now until Wynn gets another ankle/knee injury which is bound to happen based on 4 years of history with Wynn. Then Trent slides over.

I don't want them to play Onwenu at LG, ever.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back