PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots activate Trent Brown, place Jamie Collins on injured reserve

For the team the entire OLine is BETTER with Onwenu at right tackle. Don't even try to pretend the OLine wasn't total trash the first 6 weeks. Basic stunts were getting past Wynn-Onwenu. Wynn was barely a NFL player playing next to Onwenu
Nope. The issue was RT and Onwenu at RT was better than the slugs that were playing there. By moving onwenu to his best spot and also upgrading RT with Brown, the line improves.

Nope. The issue was RT and Onwenu at RT was better than the slugs that were playing there. By moving onwenu to his best spot and also upgrading RT with Brown, the line improves.

You don't know more than Scar.

Look up every scouting report ever on Trent Brown. He grades highly as a pass protector and spotty/ hit-or-miss as a run blocker. Sounds like.... a left tackle.

Onwenu in 2021 is already the 3rd best right tackle in the league. At this point through 2 years now I think it's valid to say straight up, Onwenu is better at right tackle than Trent Brown is at right tackle.

PFF article: Michael Onwenu was a Top10 NFL RT in 2020

"Once Scarnecchia saw the talent, thought left tackle was the best fit for Trent Brown."... Brown had been a right tackle with the 49ers, but once Scarnecchia watched him daily in practice, the move to the left side was obvious.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
You don't know more than Scar.
What a silly comment from you, the guy who polluted this page acting like he knows more than McDaniels, belichick and whatever coach you choose that day.

Nothiing I said conflicts at all with Scarnecchia, in fact im sure he agrees with me.

Nothiing I said conflicts at all with Scarnecchia, in fact im sure he agrees with me.

Your logic doesn't make sense. Show me evidence that Trent Brown is a better right tackle than Onwenu is. His entire career at right tackle Trent has either been very injury prone, or a mediocre run blocker. And why do you ignore 6 weeks of games where Wynn-Onwenu on the left side doesn't work. Wynn leads the OLine with 18 QB pressures given up, almost all before playing next to Karras.

acting like he knows more

As for this comment, you defending a 2-4 record team (using the crappy OLineup) is just the best. can't lean on the "Bill is the best" rationale, the staff around Bill is not good and the team has not been good since November 2019. It's not a coincidence the team has won 3 straight after moving Big Mike to RT.

A few things..Our line is playing great the way it is. 2018 Trent Brown is the best LT we have ever had and that is the guy I want against Garrett. Our ideal line would leave Owenu at rt and simply swap Wynn for Trent. What I expect us to do is ruin any consistency we have built by moving Owenu and Wynn around in failure. All I ask is to never see Wynn at guard.

Lacosse over Asiasi is a surprise and can't bode well for him.

A few things..Our line is playing great the way it is. 2018 Trent Brown is the best LT we have ever had and that is the guy I want against Garrett. Our ideal line would leave Owenu at rt and simply swap Wynn for Trent. What I expect us to do is ruin any consistency we have built by moving Owenu and Wynn around in failure. All I ask is to never see Wynn at guard.

Good thought. So you'd bench Wynn and keep Karras at LG ?

As for this comment, you defending a 2-4 record team (using the crappy OLineup) is just the best. can't lean on the "Bill is the best" rationale, the staff around Bill is not good and the team has not been good since November 2019. It's not a coincidence the team has won 3 straight after moving Big Mike to RT.
Yes it is largely a coincidence. But ultimately RT was hurting the offense, and we took a G and moved him there to fix it. Now the real RT is back (probably won’t play til next week I bet) so we are able to move the G back to G and improve both positions.

Regardless of what position they finally decide on, the Oline must be there this game.

I'd be in favor of keeping Owenu at RT, putting Brown at LT, moving Wynn to LG and putting Karras on the bench.

NEM still owes the soup kitchen Miguel supports $20 from a bet we had in 2007 where I told him Welker would be a star in this offense. NEM said he wouldn't have 50 catches. I told him not only would he have 50 catches he would have at least that many for first downs alone. For the record Welker had 65 first downs and 112 catches.

I'd be in favor of keeping Owenu at RT, putting Brown at LT, moving Wynn to LG and putting Karras on the bench.

NEM still owes the soup kitchen Miguel supports $20 from a bet we had in 2007 where I told him Welker would be a star in this offense. NEM said he wouldn't have 50 catches. I told him not only would he have 50 catches he would have at least that many for first downs alone. For the record Welker had 65 first downs and 112 catches.
Maybe you can collect it from his heir apparent

Maybe you can collect it from his heir apparent

I don't think DKF is NEM or Son of a NEM, but who knows. Either way I don't care. As long as people are respectful I can play nicely with them in our little sandbox here. DKF has never been rude to me or he'd end up on ignore like many other trolls who I won't bother to engage with. I actually had the first one in quite a while just yesterday.

What's up with LaCosse being activated instead of Asiasi?

If you look at the roster, you will see that both Asiasi and LaCosse are part of it.

That's because there is a difference between being elevated from the Practice Squad, which is what the Patriots did with LaCosse, and being active on game day, which Asiasi, despite being on the 53, has not been.

We'll have to wait and see who is active today.

BWAMO!
Relapse Records Car GIF by Red Fang

One could argue that the reason the OL was playing poorly with Owenu at G was that the tackles sucked; Herron,!Durant and Cajuste. Replace them with Trent Brown and we will be much better.

I’d rather see L-R

Brown Wynn Andrews Mason Owenu

I doubt we move Wynn in-season. After bye? Doubt it. Let’s see how healthy Trent can stay before any long term plans.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back