PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical: if you could trade winning both Giants SB's for the two most recent ones... would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but if I had to choose, I’d trade ONE of the recent SBs for the undefeated season easily. That being said, I’m now at peace since we won the last 2 SBs.

I'd trade '16 for '07 in a heartbeat.
19-0 delivers immortality.

I feel like with the 07 and 11 super bowl losses the old dynasty ended. with the 2014 and 2016 wins, a new dynasty has started. NO team in NFL history has two dynasties. This is why this year is so important - we'd be the only team to win 3 out of 4 twice. however, I would probably trade either 2014 or 2016 for 2007 in retrospect.

Last edited:
If The patriots won it in 2007, Brady could of retired then and nearly everybody would have claimed him the goat right then and there, just 8 years into his career

I like how things turned out. started out so high, then had some bumps only to come back. Some teams dont recover. This team did

Only one team has ever won 3 in 4 years. Soon that one team may have done it twice.

No, 2 teams. Pats and Dallas in early 90's. But nobody's had a run like Pat's from 2001-now and still counting. Maybe 2 or 3 more.

I'd trade the perfect season SB for the 28-3 game last year. However last years game would have to end with the Pats tying the game, winning the coin toss, and then having the balls to go for the TD on 4th down from the 2, only to be 1/2 inch short (hurts just typing). Then Ryan struggles to move the ball down the field but a horrible PI call gives ATL the ball on the 39. They manage to move the ball 2 yards in 3 downs as the Pats D stands tall. ATL attempts a 54 yard FG and miss, offsides Patriots (going for the block FG). Their kicker squeaks in a 49 yarder to end it. At least make the assholes sweat.

I wouldn’t be able to handle that ass clown out in Seattle.. can’t trade that misery I saw on his face. Trading last year is a non starter as its the best game I’ve ever seen. The nightmare of the 07 season ending like that was like eating razor blades. Randy was not getting much against the giants and I think I was drunk for a month after that. Now this idea of having all nine. I’ll do that

Those two against n. Y.. they just had bad games them times. It’s an anomoly

Nah because I'm now at an age where I can really appreciate a super bowl victory. Until you reach your mid 20's I don't think one can really appreciate a sports championship. Just my opinion. Probably could have appreciated the second giants one actually but meh, wouldn't change it.

No. The 2007 patriots played like crap
In the super bowl and had a hobbled Brady. Everyone knows we had the better team. Replay that game 9 more times and we win all 9 (even though the one that matters was the 1/10).

2016 was magic that won’t be recreated either. No one will ever come back down 25 with 3 minutes to go In the 3rd quarter of the super bowl. I think we got our magic back from those losses all manifested in Malcom’s play and Julian’s catch.

I would not trade SB51 for anything. No Gronk, bottled up running game, down 25, Atlanta's secondary locking up in tight man...yet Brady making tight throw after tight throw, clutch play after clutch play. At freaking 39 years old. I live in Joe Montana territory and that performance was the mic drop even in his fans' minds on the best ever argument.

There's just something about a guy who's already a 4-time winner and a first ballot HOF lock saving his signature game for the world's biggest stage and his 5th title that I'm not willing to trade away.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey