PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical: if you could trade winning both Giants SB's for the two most recent ones... would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd maybe trade 07 for 16 though, although getting rid of 28-3 is tough.

I don't really care about 2011 anymore.

Definitely wouldnt trade any for losing the way the seahawks and atl did. I would say, trade 2007 for last year and us just getting blown by the Falcons (so the comeback never happens or falls short). I Dont hate Atl like I do Sea and they are also a team who never one one so I wouldnt be that bent.

I just really hate the POS undefeated Dolphins.

19-0 would have been really nice.
Just to shut up Shula, would make it worth it, alone. IMO

I might be in the minority but I would've rather won 2007 than 2001, if only because of the historical ramifications of a 19-0 season and because I simply felt the 2007 team was the GOAT team while a lot of things went our way in 2001 as the underdog.

idk, the last two have been probably more cementing for Brady's GOAT argument than beating a wildcard Giants team in 07 would've been. IMO.

Not after DeflateGate. Winning twice after DeflateGate is a sublime FU.

Eli beating Brady twice is just one of those quirks in the universe. If Brady won five, Deflategate happens, and THEN Brady can't get it done anymore, that becomes a BS narrative even more than it is.

I would trade '07 for '14. Having the perfect season would be much sweeter than beating the Seahags

idk, the last two have been probably more cementing for Brady's GOAT argument than beating a wildcard Giants team in 07 would've been. IMO.

The silver lining is that the opponents we have beaten were IMO all better teams than either Giants team, especially the Rams, Seahawks and Falcons.

you don't trade a goose in the hand for a bunch of pestering little goslings...(apologies to all you fawning Ryan Gosling fans out there)

I would trade '07 for '14. Having the perfect season would be much sweeter than beating the Seahags
14, depending on how this season goes though, could end up being the launching point of a 2nd Pats dynasty. Winning 3/4 twice in your career? That's pretty ****ing GOATly

I think I take reality over that trade. If we are bargaining, I'd sell 2003 or 2004 for 2007.

From a sheer entertainment perspective, the 2014 and 2016 games were probably the most thrilling/fun to watch in terms of play than any of the other five Brady appearances IMO.

I still get nervous the Pats are going to lose 2016 even rewatching it and knowing the outcome.

Impossible:

1. Brady can't throw a pick from the 1-yard line
2. Brady can't blow a 25 point lead

Case closed.

I only read the thread title first and had to think about it for a couple minutes. I concluded 'no'. Then I opened the thread and read that your stipulations involved enduring the Patriots blowing a 25 point lead and Brady being the one to throw a goal-line pick. I concluded 'hell no' immediately.

Right. But what if instead the Pats went 19-0 and then, say, lost the coin flip in OT and Ryan drove them down the field for the winning TD? The Pats would have had the greatest comeback in SB history, even though they lost, but they'd have had the undefeated season.

Tough call because the last two SBs have been EPIC wins by the Patriots.

Well, what I WOULD do is keep the 2014 and 2016 Super Bowl wins and I'll take 2007.

2014 meant so much considering what would happen the next few months.

I can't imagine what'd be like going through that saga after a SB loss.

That year was such an emotional rollercoaster for me as a fan. After the 2-2 start it was obvious what the problem was. But they ended up going 10-2 and getting the 1 seed. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I felt like that was our year, we had revis. Then the playoffs came and I survived 67 heart attacks between the divisional game and the SB. A loss in that game would’ve just been so so brutal

That year was such an emotional rollercoaster for me as a fan. After the 2-2 start it was obvious what the problem was. But they ended up going 10-2 and getting the 1 seed. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I felt like that was our year, we had revis. Then the playoffs came and I survived 67 heart attacks between the divisional game and the SB. A loss in that game would’ve just been so so brutal
And to contrast, 2016 was such a stable year emotionally until the SB. The ride wasn't as special, but the ending sure was.

And to contrast, 2016 was such a stable year emotionally until the SB. The ride wasn't as special, but the ending sure was.
Not sure brady sitting out, Gronk being lost for the year, Collins getting traded etc was stable.

14, depending on how this season goes though, could end up being the launching point of a 2nd Pats dynasty. Winning 3/4 twice in your career? That's pretty ****ing GOATly

Yeah, but Brady could win another 2 or 3 before he's done. Imagine having the perfect season with that resume

an undefeated sason would have ended the argument years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back