PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypothetical: if you could trade winning both Giants SB's for the two most recent ones... would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This thought came to me in the Eli aftermath.

Let's say for the two recent ones, the narrative was switched... Brady threw the pick at the goal line against Seattle... and the Falcons came back from 28-3.

Would you accept that in exchange for beating the G-Men twice and also having a perfect season?

At first I thought, this is easy!

Then...

giphy.gif

...I thought again... o_O

Last edited:
Not after DeflateGate. Winning twice after DeflateGate is a sublime FU.

Eli beating Brady twice is just one of those quirks in the universe. If Brady won five, Deflategate happens, and THEN Brady can't get it done anymore, that becomes a BS narrative even more than it is.

I only read the thread title first and had to think about it for a couple minutes. I concluded 'no'. Then I opened the thread and read that your stipulations involved enduring the Patriots blowing a 25 point lead and Brady being the one to throw a goal-line pick. I concluded 'hell no' immediately.

Yeah it's a great question except for switching the circumstances of how we'd lose. Why not just say we lose '14 and '16 by 6 points or something.

For this to happen you would have to realize that all the "HE SHOULD HAVE RAN THE BALL WITH BLOUNT" and "28-3" memes would be placed upon the heads of BB and TB12. I hate that we lost the 2 Giants SBs....but with the benefit of hindsight, I'd much rather lose the way we lost those 2 than the way Seattle and Atlanta lost their SBs. You can make the argument those losses for those two teams have broken their franchises from now until eternity.

And yes, that's with losing the perfect season. That's just so hard to do and reading what Tedy B. And others have said, they were carrying a burden going into that game anyway.

Never, we'll go 19-0 next season as long as the keys are healthy, a healthy Edelman/Hightower and we are 11-0 oh well

Let's say for the two recent ones, the narrative was switched... Brady threw the pick at the goal line against Seattle... and the Falcons came back from 28-3.

Would you accept that in exchange for beating the G-Men twice and also having a perfect season?

Then...

giphy.gif

No because we would have literally choked in 2 of the last 3 years. 5 is 5, which 5 don’t matter.

Not to mention in reality we are in better shape to win #6,7..... than in your pretend example.

I'd swap out 2007 for any year other than 2001. 2011 can stay a loss, as it was the weakest of all the SB teams. If you're forcing me into a 2 for 2 package, I'd have to pass on the option.

Hell no.

I'm not doing both. No need.

If the Pats win in 2007, they are the Greatest Team of All-Time. That would be 4 SBs in 7 years. 19-0 team....Dynasty continued....d%#*!@t!

The win in 2014 was huge. HUGE. That settled a lot of family business with that win. Not giving that one up evah

I guess if you put a gun to my head, I'd trade 2016 for 2007.

I'd say no because of Framegate. Winning two Super Bowls in the aftermath of it shut up a lot of people. If you win 2007 and not 2016, the chirping about it stays loud as ever.

Some may deny being bothered by media pundits but let's face it, the "cheaters" talk and public perception pissed us all off.

Last edited:
I'm not doing both. No need.

If the Pats win in 2007, they are the Greatest Team of All-Time. That would be 4 SBs in 7 years. 19-0 team....Dynasty continued....d%#*!@t!

The win in 2014 was huge. HUGE. That settled a lot of family business with that win. Not giving that one up evah

I guess if you put a gun to my head, I'd trade 2016 for 2007.
Only one team has ever won 3 in 4 years. Soon that one team may have done it twice.

Edit only one COACH has won 3/4.

Last edited by a moderator:
For this to happen you would have to realize that all the "HE SHOULD HAVE RAN THE BALL WITH BLOUNT" and "28-3" memes would be placed upon the heads of BB and TB12. I hate that we lost the 2 Giants SBs....but with the benefit of hindsight, I'd much rather lose the way we lost those 2 than the way Seattle and Atlanta lost their SBs. You can make the argument those losses for those two teams have broken their franchises from now until eternity.

And yes, that's with losing the perfect season. That's just so hard to do and reading what Tedy B. And others have said, they were carrying a burden going into that game anyway.

Actually what would happen is all the Brady haters would say that he choked by throwing the INT. Funny how Wilson never gets any blame for that, despite it being the only time all year that someone intercepted a pass from the 1 yard line, and it being the difference between winning and losing the Super Bowl.

Although come to think about it, not sure he deserves too much blame, since it was really an unbelievable play by Butler based on practice and recognition. But the general public doesn't know that.

Then...

giphy.gif

I'd make that trade, foremost to confirm the 2007 undefeated season and because I personally attended both Giants Super Bowls. ( :( )

Actually what would happen is all the Brady haters would say that he choked by throwing the INT. Funny how Wilson never gets any blame for that, despite it being the only time all year that someone intercepted a pass from the 1 yard line, and it being the difference between winning and losing the Super Bowl.

Although come to think about it, not sure he deserves too much blame, since it was really an unbelievable play by Butler based on practice and recognition. But the general public doesn't know that.

Also considering that Lynch was 1 in 5 in goal line situations that season it was not a forgone conclusion that he was getting in there, contrary to what everyone and their mom who hates the Pats likes to mention when they talk about this game.

Hard one. For me, its more on the balance of Super Bowls throughout the years. I feel that if Brady won those SBs earlier in his career and started shutting down near the end, he wouldn't have been playing this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back