Game Thread: Rams @ Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rams are going to win now aren't they?

games in the 20s are the best imo

Reactions: jah
WTF
Gotta keep the clock running

Actually looking at the replay that pass was so bad forget the knockdown how the hell does Joyner not pick it. He waited for the ball instead of attacking it like the WR wasn’t there

Brees has really played crappy this entire second half. That long completion was a horrible pass. Then grounded one to Thomas. Just overall an aweful half from him.

Huge **** up by the Saints.

Not a good sequence by Saints here.. leaving too much time on the clock with potentially only a FG to show for it.

Some of the worst game management I've seen by the Saints right now.

I don't understand these teams... you have 3 of the best running backs in the playoffs-- how do the Rams not use Gurley in the red area and now the Saints pass on first down... this is why Bill is considered the best coach... we don't make dumbass decisions like that.

Often, anyway.

I think McVay made a mistake being on the road in a championship game. You have go be aggressive and go for it there.

The possible branching outcomes are (a) 20-20 and Saints have 6 minutes and the ball at the 25; (b) 24-20 and the Saints have 6 minutes and the ball at the 25; (c) 17-20 and the Saints have the ball at the 1 inch line.

I don't think the difference in your chance of winning between (a) and (c) is substantial, but the difference between those two and (b) is. (Much harder to score from your own 1 than from your 25). And at the 1 yard line you have over a 50% chance of scoring on a given play. I think you need to go for it at this time in the game, where you're at the risk of never getting the ball back in your quarterback's hand.

obvious pi

Brees has really played crappy this entire second half. That long completion was a horrible pass. Then grounded one to Thomas. Just overall an aweful half from him.

Yea something is up with brees

that was horrible play calling , there should have been a flag on that play

Wow. Bad no call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand