PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rams vs Saints: Who do we root for? (poll)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who do we want to win the NFC Championship?

• Saints

Votes: 48 62.3%
  • Rams

Votes: 29 37.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints- the Rams have the better pass rush and that has always been our Achilles heel in big games.

Saints

This should have been a unanimous vote. Everyone picking the Rams needs to go back to football 101 class.

I'm torn, almost 50-50

Reasons to want the Saints
-Brees is likable and formerly was way underappreciated
-NO fan base seems for the most part loyal and not jerk-like, whereas LA doesn't care
-Less of a running threat than LA, though still good
-More O-line problems
-No beastly nasty D-line guys to the level of Donald and (to a lesser extent) Suh

Reasons to want the Rams
-Goff is way more mistake-prone, less clutch, and more likely to wilt than Brees
-Rams in the dome in ATL is not as normal to them as it would be to NO
-Probably very little fan support in ATL, whereas NO travels well
-They are not the same team without Kupp, though they still are deep
-They are less likely to overcome a deficit. Who would you rather give the ball to, 2 minutes left, with them down 3, Brees or Goff? Goff, easily.

Saints- the Rams have the better pass rush and that has always been our Achilles heel in big games.

I tend to agree with this. Donald, Brockers and Suh would be a handful.

Brees Brady bowl.
Were the Chiefs to win Sunday, God forbid, I'd be all in rooting for Brees in the SB. I might even watch a bit.

I'm torn, almost 50-50

-NO fan base seems for the most part loyal and not jerk-like, whereas LA doesn't care
-More O-line problems
-No beastly nasty D-line guys to the level of Donald and (to a lesser extent) Suh

Reasons to want the Rams
-Goff is way more mistake-prone, less clutch, and more likely to wilt than Brees
-They are less likely to overcome a deficit. Who would you rather give the ball to, 2 minutes left, with them down 3, Brees or Goff? Goff, easily.

Decent list except they HATE Brees & NO in Atlanter.

This. If the Pats can't score it really doesn't matter how the D does against an explosive offense.

Also, give me the pocket passer over another mobile QB. Rams put up 200 yards on the ground against a Dallas team with fast LBs. If LA had a lead the game we would be over.

Last edited:
Not sure how the Rams supposedly have a better pass rush than the Saints. The Saints had more sacks this season than the Rams. Saints had 49 sacks, 5th in the league; Rams had 41 which was 15th. The Rams are also incredibly dependent on one player (Donald) up front; contain him and there is really nobody else to be afraid of. You're not going to shut Donald down but you can limit him. The Saints did it when they played the Rams earlier in the season, Donald had negligible impact and Brees was barely touched the whole game. Different story now probably, since the Saints o-line has been so beat up. But it can be done.

This saints team is special. My mom is a saints fan and so is her entire side of the family. It would hurt to lose in the super bowl to them. Patriots-saints super bowl would completely troll the city of Atlanta since it’s the saints and 28-3

Saints are better team (and tougher to beat) but more deserving of being in a Super Bowl.

Did the Russians hack this poll? Where is the option to vote for "Ray Lewis killed a guy?"

The Saints because they are the tougher opponent and beating them would be much more satisfying

Saints, hands down.
- more likable
- Brees vs Brady would be a classic
- seemingly better matchup for Pats
- if we beat Rivers, Mahomes and Brees - regular season warlords - on the way to Super Bowl win, it'd be just sweet

Ya I’m going with NO now double Thomas with JC/McCourty and where are they throwing the ball. The problem would be Kamera/Ingra but LA has Gurley/CJ

I'm torn, almost 50-50

-More O-line problems

Reasons to want the Rams
One thing that I would add is the Rams two-headed rushing attack. Gurley is already a load at 225 lbs, but C.J. Anderson has looked like Jerome Bettis back in his prime, lately. The dude looks like he put on about 20 lbs of muscle while he was out of football.

That all said, I chose the Saints because I prefer the pure pocket passer and idea of avoiding the RPO and defensive tackles of LA.

There is a lot to like about the Saints on every level, the Rams not so much.. they play in a town where the NFL is a hard sell.

When the check is due for all of the Rams salaries lets see how they do.. until then the Pats- Saints is a dream match up.

Saints.
Brady Vs Brees a classical QB battles,the icons.
A duel between 2 teams screwed by NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back