PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFCCG and superbowl matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be pulling for the Saints to win the NFC. I also think that's what will happen. Goff will fold under the pressure.

After that I'm rotting for the AFC no matter who makes it.

The "beat LA" chant started during a Celts playoff loss to the Sixers.

Also there is no LA rivalry. It’s a rivalry with the Lakers. No one in either city gives a **** when the Red Sox play the Dodgers or the Bruins play the Kings and especially when the Patriots play the Chargers or Rams.

I've always considered the Saints one of my favorite non-Patriots teams since they stuck it to Peyton, but I think Brees has also become Peyton lately with all the record celebration stuff so it's harder to root for them now. Plus, I always find myself rooting for the underdog in games not involving the Pats.

Guess the only thing I'll be rooting for is a good game. The more favorable matchup for the Pats (which may not even matter) is New Orleans. Both teams can be beaten and both teams can dominate.

As for the outcome of the game itself, I expect the Rams to put up a much stronger fight this time and both defenses to play better. Something like 23-20 LA.
Same here. I like the Saints a lot too. Actually my son is a Saint fan so if it’s a Pat - Saints SB, loyalties divided :). I want my son to experience his team winning a SB (he was too young when saints won their first) but ofcourse I want to see Brady with his sixth....Atleast one of us will be happy

Ben Watson will miss the NFCCG with appendicitis. Tough break as he is retiring at the end of the year.

I have no idea what the Eagles were doing not doubling Michael Thomas last week. On every critical passing play, Brees just stared him down and waited for him to burn his lone defender. That constant stupidity rivals the Chargers game plan against the Patriots. The Eagles really had golden opportunities to win that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back