PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Thread: Rams @ Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints may not have played their best, but they didn't deserve to lose like that

Brees = GOAT (or Brees > Montana) absurdly stupid. Never more apparent than today. Montana and Brady had iron balls, especially Brady, in risking it all over and over on the most visible stage. He doesn’t wait for wins to land his lap and goes out and grabs them. Brees is an ACTUAL system QB with big limitations. Flag or no flag, that wasn’t the way a top-5 all-time QB plays a conference championship game.

Still don’t get why the fury about the no call, it’s still going to be 4th n 2 if he tackles him normally or an INT if the defender plays the ball.

Much work to be done after that to make it a TD, can say they’ve obviously a much better chance but it didn’t rob them of even a first down. I guess you can argue because he makes the foul they’d auto get the first down but still, feels like the Saints got an excuse for their underwhelming second half.

Still don’t get why the fury about the no call, it’s still going to be 4th n 2 if he tackles him normally or an INT if the defender plays the ball.

Much work to be done after that to make it a TD, can say they’ve obviously a much better chance but it didn’t rob them of even a first down. I guess you can argue because he makes the foul they’d auto get the first down but still.
? If the correct call is made, it's first and goal...

Much work to be done after that to make it a TD, can say they’ve obviously a much better chance but it didn’t rob them of even a first down.

It would have left the Rams with about 14 seconds to draw the game. Or made it a 2 score game. That’s why it is a huge deal.

It would have left the Rams with about 14 seconds to draw the game. Or made it a 2 score game. That’s why it is a huge deal.

I’ll watch it again in the morning, 5am here now. Maybe I’m misremembering it after the craziness of our game lol

Huh? It would have been 1st and goal. Game over.

I’m meaning if he doesn’t foul him though and just tackles him, swear he was short. Anyway let me watch it again before commenting more as I was posting from 5 hour old memory.

Never mind couldn’t be arsed to wait, tbf having watched again the defender was screwed and would never have tackled him before the line. So wouldve been a first down if he didn’t foul and should’ve been a first down because he fouled.

Fair enough.

Belichick has for years advocated expanding replay to address penalties. Guess he now has an ally in New Orleans....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes