PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Everyone wants Tom to retire with a super bowl win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good on paper but seeing my hero shown the door because he doesn't realize it's time to hang them up is the worst way to see him go.

I honestly don't know how I'll handle it if they trade or cut him. I'll never stop being a Pats fan but man...I might be super unhappy for a few decades.
I want to be sure you realize I wasn't referring to TB.

Brady has gone down on the record saying "why would I voluntarily leave the game if I can still play?" Unless he surprises us all, I doubt he would walk away with a win. Plus I think he wants a succession plan for the franchise before he retires. We wouldnt have 33 year old Hoyer as a backup QB if Bill thought he was hanging it up soon.

I’m just surprised that few people are bringing up the main reason he won’t retire, which is that he takes a tremendous amount of pride in his dietary and workout regimen, and he has stated that he is trying to push athletes to new heights. You may think it’s pseudoscience, but it’s very clear that Brady treats this like a religion. It is the very much a mission of his life, proving that he can play full-time at an elite level into his mid-forties, which really hasn’t been done before. The guy has said it numerous times, but it’s like people disregard this and jump on the Gisele wants him to hang it up/how many titles are enough debate.

I want to be sure you realize I wasn't referring to TB.

Sorry, I'm dead tired today and clicked reply on the wrong post.

Which explains why Andy never responded because I was starting to worry he might be dead.

Andy. Always. Replies.

Who is everyone? Likely fans of every other franchise, who would give the Pats 3 Lombardis this year just to make sure they don't return next year, and the mediots catering to that unhappy majority.

I don't expect actual Patriots fans are part of that everyone. TB12 promised he will keep playing until he sucks, and I will hold him to that promise.

I could care less whether he goes out with a title or not. He has a closet full of them already, and I am happy to see him keep adding shelves to that closet for as long as he wants to do so, regardless of what happens in his final year.

He should do what Kobe did. Let everyone know in advance.

I think opposing fans on his farewell tour will be crying tears of joy and hope if that happens. Seriously, he has this NFL on lockdown and if he decides to play a few more years he’s going to win another one.

I keep seeing this storyline from the media that if we win, Brady should retire and ride into the sunset. My question is, why? He hasn’t slowed down all that much, arm strength is not an issue and he’s still clutch. He still seems to enjoy playing the game so why would he retire if he’s still playing championship Calibur football? It worked out well for manning because he was a shell of himself due to his neck surgery but TB ages like a fine wine. He’s said he wants to play until he’s 45 and I really hope that’s what ends up happening.
He's too old, haven't you heard?

I had my heart on Brady winning 6 Super Bowls but now, I want 8. That'll **** them.

He will retire when he goes through the Manning transformation. So far, he's nowhere close to that.
Tommy boy will never have a caveman's forehead.

Is it just me or did Brady look better in this past game than he has all season?

Not just the way he played, but the body language and mechanics. He looked 10 years younger.

He looked the same in 2016 after the suspension. They say the older you get the more the grind of the long season gets to you. I think he just needed some playoff action and a bye week to get rejuvenated. The guy we saw on Sunday could easily play a few more years, he looked strong.

Absolutely zero chance he retires, win or lose the upcoming SuperBowl. I would bet nearly everything I have that he and Kraft discussed this very thing before JimmyG was traded and Brady gave him a commitment for X amount of time.

I'm saying he's going to be 33 next year. Nice straw man though. No one claimed he would be a shell of himself. I'm claiming he will start to decline next year cause that is what 33 year old WRs traditionally do. I'm not saying he will be a shell. I'm saying he will start to decline.

Just like every player does eventually.

Like Brady has? Isn't the squirrel in the voodoo doctors program?

Is it just me or did Brady look better in this past game than he has all season?

Not just the way he played, but the body language and mechanics. He looked 10 years younger.

He looked the same in 2016 after the suspension. They say the older you get the more the grind of the long season gets to you. I think he just needed some playoff action and a bye week to get rejuvenated. The guy we saw on Sunday could easily play a few more years, he looked strong.

I think its a multiple front thing. He missed all the offseason optional workouts. That puts him behind. Jules gets popped. That was unexpected. So, he and the offense are behind to start the year. No outside threat.

Jules comes back. Michel gets healthy and Brady starts to get the missed offseason crap out of his system. Then the MCL hits. So, now after it healed plus the bye week got him back to where he wants to be.

Even if Brady regresses to the point of game manager, I still rather have him under center then most of the current crop of starting quarterbacks.

Yes we all want him to retire with a SB win, question is how many.

Knowing how he is competitive and still carries that chip on his shoulder, he can't be happy with the way the whole scam the NYFL imposed on him turned out. He must feel it blemished his reputation somehow (which is BS).

He'll probably not retire until he has all of his detractors on the ground bowing to his excellence which is fine by me.

He's already started to turn quite a few of them around, I hear more and more people in the media in awe of his accomplishments, even haters. The few that remain are morons anyway (not incl. all the jealous fan haters).

I think its a multiple front thing. He missed all the offseason optional workouts. That puts him behind. Jules gets popped. That was unexpected. So, he and the offense are behind to start the year. No outside threat.

Jules comes back. Michel gets healthy and Brady starts to get the missed offseason crap out of his system. Then the MCL hits. So, now after it healed plus the bye week got him back to where he wants to be.

There's another possibility, that they simply sandbagged to avoid injuries. I know how it sounds but think about it, the losses to the sh!tty teams, him trying to avoid contact, how they played way better against good teams, it's almost like they go through extended training during the regular season knowing fully well they can make the playoffs.

The team hasn't been this healthy in a long time and came out with back to back games where they shocked their opponents out of the gate. They haven't played this good all year and their opponents have 5 sh!tty games to look at tape. The defense has played way better than anyone expected, I mean we never saw this during the regular season.

That's why they're acting so confident, it's the real team coming out now and nobody has a f*kin clue what to expect. Or what you said.

I think he wants at least 7 rings. He won’t retire after we beat the brake shoes off the rams

He will retire after he wins the Super Bowl when he’s 58!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back