PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Everyone wants Tom to retire with a super bowl win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I keep seeing this storyline from the media that if we win, Brady should retire and ride into the sunset. My question is, why? He hasn’t slowed down all that much, arm strength is not an issue and he’s still clutch. He still seems to enjoy playing the game so why would he retire if he’s still playing championship Calibur football? It worked out well for manning because he was a shell of himself due to his neck surgery but TB ages like a fine wine. He’s said he wants to play until he’s 45 and I really hope that’s what ends up happening.

Worst case is Pats beat the Rams and he plays 1-4 more years, presumably at a high level, and doesn't win again.

In that scenario, I assume he, and we as fans, would have few regrets that he didn't retire after the win.

What Tom is saying it is a one thing,what he is feeling is another story. The question is how many rings he needs to be satisfied. Maybe this one is the final piece of his stellar career,we do not know. Very often he tells about the family etc. Another time we hear infomation he wants to play football till 45.IMO winning the title this time would be a great opportunity for him to step down as a G.O.A.T. Not because I do not like him to continue his rodeo just because it creates a great chance to leave NFL in brightness. All in all for me it would be honor to watch Tom untill 45 no matter of the results.

What Tom is saying it is a one thing,what he is feeling is another story. The question is how many rings he needs to be satisfied. Maybe this one is the final piece of his stellar career,we do not know. Very often he tells about the family etc. Another time we hear infomation he wants to play football till 45.IMO winning the title this time would be a great opportunity for him to step down as a G.O.A.T. Not because I do not like him to continue his rodeo just because it creates a great chance to leave NFL in brightness.
One for each finger

Since he has a good chance of winning this one anyway, they are saying that so they can be done with him.

I hope he plays on.

I vividly remember Joe Montana, a shell of himself, sitting on a bench with some obviously killer back pain, in a Chiefs uniform while someone else is under center and even though I was young I remember thinking it wasn't a very fitting way to go out.

I don't want Brady to quit ever, but I'd much rather he go out with some sort of storybook ending than stick around trying to make it work and getting traded or cut or benched.

I don't want him to retire but all it takes is one injury and the rest of his life is changed. He already has nothing left to prove and if he wins his 6th, he should at least think about retiring.

I don't want him to retire but all it takes is one injury and the rest of his life is changed. He already has nothing left to prove and if he wins his 6th, he should at least think about retiring.

I agree Brady has nothing left to prove but there is simply no way he would leave Kraft in the lurch after the Jimmy G trade

Only 2 people count in the Brady retiring question.
  1. Brady
  2. Giselle
Obviously BB can make a determination on his playing time which could factor into retiring. Speculation doesn't matter as he'll tell BB/RK in advance of his actual retiring and it will be announced after his last game is played. Until then, sit back and enjoy the sustain greatness.

What Tom is saying it is a one thing,what he is feeling is another story. The question is how many rings he needs to be satisfied. Maybe this one is the final piece of his stellar career,we do not know. Very often he tells about the family etc. Another time we hear infomation he wants to play football till 45.IMO winning the title this time would be a great opportunity for him to step down as a G.O.A.T. Not because I do not like him to continue his rodeo just because it creates a great chance to leave NFL in brightness. All in all for me it would be honor to watch Tom untill 45 no matter of the results.
I don't know, seems straightforward to put together from all the stories we've heard over the years.
- He wants to keep playing until he sucks
- He loves the game so much that he doesn't want to reach that suckage point, and therefore has set a goal of trying to keep his body in the best possible shape until age 45 hoping it'll keep him from sucking
- If he still doesn't suck at that point, he'll reassess
- He has a family now and wants to be there for them, and part of his compromise is to avoid OTAs and do his offseason training in his facilities near his family.
- He views Michael Jordan as the best athlete ever and part of his motivation is to match/exceed him in championships. Jordan is at 6.

If the Pats win in 12 days, Brady's not retiring now. But getting the 7th to beat Jordan, combined with his being near age 45 and his family compromise, that might be the tipping point.

Last edited:
One scenario is a 2019 victory tour for Brady, Gronk and Edelman.

Only 2 people count in the Brady retiring question.
  1. Brady
  2. Giselle
Speculation doesn't matter as he'll tell BB/RK in advance of his actual retiring and it will be announced after his last game is played. Until then, sit back and enjoy the sustain greatness.
He should do what Kobe did. Let everyone know in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back