PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Everyone wants Tom to retire with a super bowl win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, no player for the Patriots has ever entered their final year without having their contract either redone, or traded.

????

That just happened with Solder last year

If Brady wins the SB in two weeks,

he is at the gym at 5am working out 3 weeks from now

if Brady doesn't win the SB in two weeks,

he is also at the gym at 5am working out 3 weeks from now

he gets to go on his terms, and i think it's evident his terms are until whatever, he doesn't have a magic number in mind like many of you, like "six is sweet, ill stop now" he likes what he does, and the rings just reward him for his hard work, he doesn't care to "go out on top", but will retire when he is no longer the best QB on our roster

it will have nothing to do with SBs, even if he doesn't win a single one more, or wins the next 3

especially while we have quite a strong team

I agree.

THEREFORE, the team must be ready for him to retire after 2019, or any other year. IMHO, that requires bring in at least one possible future quarterback, two is better.

If Brady wins the SB in two weeks,

he is at the gym at 5am working out 3 weeks from now

if Brady doesn't win the SB in two weeks,

he is also at the gym at 5am working out 3 weeks from now

he gets to go on his terms, and i think it's evident his terms are until whatever, he doesn't have a magic number in mind like many of you, like "six is sweet, ill stop now" he likes what he does, and the rings just reward him for his hard work, he doesn't care to "go out on top", but will retire when he is no longer the best QB on our roster

it will have nothing to do with SBs, even if he doesn't win a single one more, or wins the next 3

especially while we have quite a strong team

must have been said already, but of course they do, so he can no longer ruin the NFL for them. He's not going to retire though, instead punish everyone for a few more years

We bring back Brady, one of our best OL's ever, a top FB, a top running game (which should be even better next year. We will add Wynne and Berrios.We will return Allen, Hollister and Izzo at TE.

And yes, we will return Edelman, at a bit lower level of play,
===============================
I just don't see "the serious need to retool" that can't be done overnight.

If Hogan is re-signed, we are in better shape than in last year's off-season.

I don't like to just tear into people but this post is just not accurate and really doesn't make sense.

To get pass KC the Patriots needed an 80% version of Gronk and they barely won. You don't replace that with Allen/Barrios/Hollister/Izzo. 3 are completely unproven and the other can't catch.

Yes the OL/run game can be just as good if they manage to keep Brown. But you need to pass to win. To effectively pass you need guys to free up other guys. Hogan/Dorsett managed to have impact plays because Gronk/Edelman/White opened it up for them. Take out one and the whole thing falls apart.

The Patriots will need to bring in a true play maker if Gronk walks. There is no way around it.

Why? As much as we love to see him play there would be something special about seeing him go out on top........so that the lasting image of superman will be superman-esque.

But even with that being said, I'm done with predicting he'll retire. I mean, he clearly doesn't need the storybook ending. He already had that opportunity against Atlanta. If he didn't retire then, I don't know why another victory would get him to retire now.

np

I don't think that we disagree all that much.

You say that we need to bring in a playmaker if Gronk walks. I agree.

Hogan and Dorsett did indeed have impact plays because Gronk, Edelman and White were there. I would hope that our 2019 receivers will be better than Hogan, Dorsett and Patterson.

To me, needing a wide receiver or two and possibly a TE is not a complete re-tooling of the offense.

TE="BobDigital, post: 5509161, member: 32980"]I don't like to just tear into people but this post is just not accurate and really doesn't make sense.

To get pass KC the Patriots needed an 80% version of Gronk and they barely won. You don't replace that with Allen/Barrios/Hollister/Izzo. 3 are completely unproven and the other can't catch.

Yes the OL/run game can be just as good if they manage to keep Brown. But you need to pass to win. To effectively pass you need guys to free up other guys. Hogan/Dorsett managed to have impact plays because Gronk/Edelman/White opened it up for them. Take out one and the whole thing falls apart.

The Patriots will need to bring in a true play maker if Gronk walks. There is no way around it.[/QUOTE]

np

I don't think that we disagree all that much.

You say that we need to bring in a playmaker if Gronk walks. I agree.

Hogan and Dorsett did indeed have impact plays because Gronk, Edelman and White were there. I would hope that our 2019 receivers will be better than Hogan, Dorsett and Patterson.

To me, needing a wide receiver or two and possibly a TE is not a complete re-tooling of the offense.

Well they may need to do something else as well. It all depends on how Edelman looks. If for instance Edelman looks this good next year a guy like Golden Tate may be enough. But IDK if he will. IF he doesn't you'll need to change a lot of things.

I like watching Brady play. I don't want him to retire yet.

"Everyone wants Brady to retire"....correct, you can just sort of end the post at that...

It seems to be an accepted fact by some here and elsewhere that Edelman is in undeniable decline and either already is, or will be soon, a meager shell of himself. I'm not seeing the same guy they are.

Only 2 people count in the Brady retiring question.
  1. Brady
  2. Giselle

And me. I'll let them know when it's okay for him to retire.

I respect you people, so I'll post a poll. If "Ray Lewis killed a guy" is the top vote getter, I'll tell Tom and Giselle it's time for him to retire. Vote accordingly.

What Tom is saying it is a one thing,what he is feeling is another story.
And what Gisele is feeling. We know she's been pushing him pretty hard to retire. And I bet she'll up the pressure even more if NE wins SB53.

He will probably be offered a heavily incentive-based one-year contract, little of which he would realistically achieve unless he miraculously bounced back, health-wise.
He'll be offered that. But I don't see him signing it.

Not everyone, cowboy...

So, if we beat the Rams again, does this mean that we’ll go full circle and win 6 MORE rings??? :D

Honestly, it’s okay if Brady retires after this season. We still have this guy waiting in the wings..

3BFC0E1B-4633-4EF4-A119-1A38984BECBE.jpeg

It seems to be an accepted fact by some here and elsewhere that Edelman is in undeniable decline and either already is, or will be soon, a meager shell of himself. I'm not seeing the same guy they are.

I'm saying he's going to be 33 next year. Nice straw man though. No one claimed he would be a shell of himself. I'm claiming he will start to decline next year cause that is what 33 year old WRs traditionally do. I'm not saying he will be a shell. I'm saying he will start to decline.

Just like every player does eventually.

Playing till he's 45 is not a stretch with the rules now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back