PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It’s either going to be one and done or another trip to the super bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
At his press conference yesterday, TB12 said that the story of this season has yet to be written and it’s up to them to write it. I think it’s either going to be a one and done and we never find our stride or vintage Brady shows up and we get back to the super bowl. I personally think that Tom has been playing hurt for the last few weeks which is why he’s looked out of sorts. He wouldn’t be coming back next year if he didn’t think he could still play at a high level.

I don't think it will be one and done as we play so well at home. The AFCCG though, particularly if we have to go to KC? Who knows. Anything after a win next week is gravy for me, although I hope they prove everybody wrong (including me), turn on the jets and get number 6. That would be sweet!

I don't think it will be one and done as we play so well at home. The AFCCG though, particularly if we have to go to KC? Who knows. Anything after a win next week is gravy for me, although I hope they prove everybody wrong (including me), turn on the jets and get number 6. That would be sweet!
ESPN compared this team to the 2001 team. That’s what they did. They weren’t the favorites after the regular season but pulled out a few close ones in the playoffs. I just hope it’s not like 2009 or 2010

At his press conference yesterday, TB12 said that the story of this season has yet to be written and it’s up to them to write it. I think it’s either going to be a one and done and we never find our stride or vintage Brady shows up and we get back to the super bowl. I personally think that Tom has been playing hurt for the last few weeks which is why he’s looked out of sorts. He wouldn’t be coming back next year if he didn’t think he could still play at a high level.
It’s either going to be one and done, lose in the AFCCG, lose in the SB or win the SB.
Frankky the most likely (based upon odds) is the one you are dismissing.

By the way “Tom looked out of sorts” ONE GAME, a game we ran for 273 yards and he only threw 24 times.

BB "turned on the Jets" 19 years ago and hasn't looked back.

belichick_napkin_sm_010418_1280x720_1129354307755.jpg

ESPN compared this team to the 2001 team. That’s what they did. They weren’t the favorites after the regular season but pulled out a few close ones in the playoffs. I just hope it’s not like 2009 or 2010

The 2001 team had something this team lacks - a talented front 7.

Pats run D is awful and they can’t pressure the QB without blitzing. They’ll need to win shootouts and get lucky to win in January.

Really I think we'll either be one and done or make it to the super bowl or win the super bowl or make it to the AFCCG. Unsure, but I think those are the only realistic options.

I'm surprised no one has suggested that they could win the Super Bowl AND the Pro Bowl. Never done before AFAIK.

If we win in KC I'd bet the house on us for the SB. But as it stands I have my doubts we even keep it competitive if a road game is necessary

Do you really have nightmares about 2009? Why the constant comparisons?

It could be like the 2006, 2012, 2013, or 2015 teams. I think many of us would lean in that direction, as opposed to the 2009 or 2010 teams.

Anything after a win next week is gravy for me, although I hope they prove everybody wrong (including me), turn on the jets and get number 6.

Seems to me they just finished shutting down the Jets.

I predict this motel will be standing until I pay my bill, and the Pats won't lose again until December 2019.

One and done or the Superbowl? That's a wide swing. As BB says one at a time.

Go Pats

Texans beat Colts
Ravens or Chargers beat Chiefs

These two things happening is what will determine if this team goes to the SB or not.

Sometime it comes down to things breaking your ways and this team needs that, I'd say the 2008 Steelers are a team that won the Super Bowl because things broke their way.

1. 8-8 Chargers beat the 12-4 Colts, giving the Steelers a much easier opening round game
2. #1 seed 13-3 Titans got knocked out divisional weekend, putting the AFCCG in Pittsburgh
3. They played a 9-7 Cardinals in the Super Bowl

Texans beat Colts
Ravens or Chargers beat Chiefs

These two things happening is what will determine if this team goes to the SB or not.

Sometime it comes down to things breaking your ways and this team needs that, I'd say the 2008 Steelers are a team that won the Super Bowl because things broke their way.

1. 8-8 Chargers beat the 12-4 Colts, giving the Steelers a much easier opening round game
2. #1 seed 13-3 Titans got knocked out divisional weekend, putting the AFCCG in Pittsburgh
3. They played a 9-7 Cardinals in the Super Bowl
That Super Bowl was gifted to the Steelers. The Pats would've whooped them again had Brady played. As much as that Pats team lacked talent on D, they could've won the Super Bowl that year.

So much depends on this week. There is no way the Patriots or KC lose to the Colts or Houston at home. I honestly don't think the Ravens have a good chance to beat either team. But I give them a better chance vs KC than us based on the match up. KC sucks at run D and doesn't have the kind of defense that can consistently stop them. That is pretty sad TBH. If they can make a few plays on the defensive side of the ball and hold KC down they have a chance for a road upset against them. I don't think they have much shot vs us.

How this week goes in the AFC drastically effects the odds of us and KC. After that is how the Patriots look. The Pats are pretty healthy going into this years playoffs which is nice. They should have all their guys ready to play. It is just how effective are they.

Will Gronk look like early season Gronk after a bye? How will Brady look after a bye? Those to me are the 2 most important questions after the match ups. If both look healthy and if good form that changes things. If Gronk still looks old and slow but Brady looks sharp it probably won't be enough to get past KC at KC or beat the Saints/Rams. We need him to look something like his old self cause the Pats will need to score a lot to win all those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back