PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do Patriot fans have less loyalty to Tom Brady than Browns fans did to Bernie Kosar

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words, you're too gutless to answer the question. Unsurprising.
Umm I answered the question Mr I Will Just Make Personal Attacks On People Because I Cannot Defend My Position.

Did we over come to a consensus in the other thread if Gisele is a vindictive lying opportunistic b/witch or truthful...ya know cause it would influence my vote.

I've watched this week as many posters on this board have essentially said they would be fine with getting rid of Brady to keep Garoppolo while others are basically requesting him to retire and get out of JAGs way.

When belichick benched and cut Kosar, who had nothing left, Browns fans wanted to lynch him.

How can it be that less than 4 months after Brady played the greatest SB ever by a QB (after being the best QB in the NFL all season) to win his record 5th SB fans are almost asking Belichick to dump him?
Wait, are you seriously saying we should be more like Browns fans.
You mean they guys who drove off Paul Brown? You mean the guys who saw Belichick bring them to the playoffs, win, go 2-1 then get team move announced, go 1-13 and decide he was the problem? We need to be more like them?

You might want to rethink that position, Mr. Borges. :)

In other words, you're too gutless to answer the question. Unsurprising.
And btw I answered it in greater detail than any opinion I have ever seen you answer on this board.

Through 3 Quarters of the SuperBowl, Brady looked like he was in heavy decline,including a Pick Six. 'He reached back and performed well as the Defense constantly kept giving him the ball in the late 3rd and 4th Quarter of SB LI.

That is typical of how a QB declines. Good and Bad play until the bad vastly outnumbers the good intervals.
Are you forgetting all the dropped passes, the fumble, the bad pass protection, and the crappy defense? The entire team was bad during the first three quarters of the SB.
I mean the interception Brady through was really bad, but he was one of many Patriots that underperformed through the first three quarters - and you can throw BB and McD on that list as well.

Wait, are you seriously saying we should be more like Browns fans.
You mean they guys who drove off Paul Brown? You mean the guys who saw Belichick bring them to the playoffs, win, go 2-1 then get team move announced, go 1-13 and decide he was the problem? We need to be more like them?

You might want to rethink that position, Mr. Borges. :)
Not sure where I said we should behave like browns fans, nice teach though.

If you don't find it disgusting that the Cleveland fans have more regard and residency for Bernie Kosar than patriots fans have for Tom Brady I'm not sure what to tell you. Good luck with that.

There will come a time when Brady's skills will erode, to the point he will need to be replaced.

Nobody knows when that day will come; right now it is pure speculation.

If Brady does not recognize it when that day arrives, Belichick will pull him aside and let him know. The end of Tedy Brushi's career would be a good comparable.

In the meantime, based on Brady's performance in the most reason, he is still the better choice for the 2017 season. One can debate on what the best long term plan may be, but I do not see how there is even a question on what is best for this upcoming season.
I think the best scenario is Bruschi or Brown. Second place is Vince Wilfork. unfortunately Unitas on the Chargers, or even Montana on the Chiefs is in play.

When I first became a fan, they were the Boston Patriots. I stayed a fan through any number of lean years and, of course, through the present unbelievably good era. Things will get tough again, I imagine, and I'll go back to hoping for a little improvement here, a little light at the end of the tunnel there. If you feel a need to be on top all the time, I don't really think you have what it takes to be a fan, as I understand the term.
Need to be or strive to be?

To me success is measured in championships. I will take The manning era giants over the Rodgers era packers (SO FAR) every day of the week.
Winning more regular season games and feeling like a contender more but winning one championship, to me, pales in comparison to winning 2, regardless of whatever else happened.

Not sure where I said we should behave like browns fans, nice teach though.

If you don't find it disgusting that the Cleveland fans have more regard and residency for Bernie Kosar than patriots fans have for Tom Brady I'm not sure what to tell you. Good luck with that.
1) Where I got the Browns fans bit was the team that Kosar played for. You think I just made that up out of thin air - no it was summing up your position. If you don't see Kosar fans were Browns fans, I can't help you, Mr. Borges.
2)In your own post starting at "disgusting" about Cleveland fans (aka Browns fans). Whatever. Moving on.
3)So you claim hanging onto Kosar at the end was good? I don't want to put words in your mouth. Maybe you agree that at the end he was the guy who used to be Bernie Kosar but the Cleveland fans (not the Browns fans somehow) owed him something.

If either of those stands is a correct summation of your point, um, I can't help you.

Same was said about Bledsoe he should start the Superbowl because he beat a damn tough defense in Pitt.
BB made the right decision then and if the time comes he will do so again.

Need to be or strive to be?

To me success is measured in championships. I will take The manning era giants over the Rodgers era packers (SO FAR) every day of the week.
Winning more regular season games and feeling like a contender more but winning one championship, to me, pales in comparison to winning 2, regardless of whatever else happened.

Thats up for debate.. I find Mannings Giants incredibly boring for the most part. I find Manning to be a decent QB, just never wows me that much. He has made a couple of great throws in big moments.

On the other hand if you were a packers fan you might have 1 less championship but you get to watch a fun team for the most part. Watching Aaron play is pretty fun and I am not even a fan of the team.

1) Where I got the Browns fans bit was the team that Kosar played for. You think I just made that up out of thin air - no it was summing up your position. If you don't see Kosar fans were Browns fans, I can't help you, Mr. Borges.
2)In your own post starting at "disgusting" about Cleveland fans (aka Browns fans). Whatever. Moving on.
3)So you claim hanging onto Kosar at the end was good? I don't want to put words in your mouth. Maybe you agree that at the end he was the guy who used to be Bernie Kosar but the Cleveland fans (not the Browns fans somehow) owed him something.

If either of those stands is a correct summation of your point, um, I can't help you.
Saying the browns fans had more loyalty to their mediocre QB than pats fans have to the GOAT is not saying anything about emulating them.
It's not saying anything about the decision made by BB not fans.
It's saying those fans appreciated him and these fans, many of them, are throwing Brady under the bus.

I believe Tom Brady deserves more respect and appreciation from his fan base than Bernie Kosar. Apparently you do not.

This was a joke, right?

I didn't see a smiley so wasn't sure if you were serious or not...
You posted a meme saying it's over let it go in response to patriots fans feelings about Brady.

Thats up for debate.. I find Mannings Giants incredibly boring for the most part. I find Manning to be a decent QB, just never wows me that much. He has made a couple of great throws in big moments.
So you value not being boring over championships?

Debate all you want, I am stating my preference 100 times out of 100. You can value good looks over wining if you choose. I don't care.

On the other hand if you were a packers fan you might have 1 less championship but you get to watch a fun team for the most part. Watching Aaron play is pretty fun and I am not even a fan of the team.
Again, value what you want, I will value championships.

I hate swapping a known for an unknown. I do understand that JG is the best candidate to replace Brady but at what expense? Forfeiting a SB run? I'm not up for that. I like JG too and do understand those who want to keep him but I would feel like they threw away possible SB runs if they decided to switch to JG just because it was a timing issue.

This reminds me of the idiot purchaser we had in our company. He handled our parts and supplies purchasing. Every time that asswhole found something "New but better and cheaper" he'd buy it and throw it into our inventory without notice and seemingly every time we used a part we'd have to re process, re align, or re program our equipment to accommodate the new part costing us valuable downtime but saving us fifteen cents per part.

The last straw was when I went to get a standard silver target and they gave me a profiled silver target. I said, "wtf is this?" and they said, "don't worry we were told they are interchangeable and cheaper". Another shift engineer and myself spent the next week redesigning our equipment to handle the "new, better and cheaper" target. We finally got it working but that was after we had lost $500,000 in production (all lines were down until we figured out how to get one to work). Oh well, at least we saved ten grand on the targets.

That's what JG is. A shiny new target that has unknown qualities. I'm sticking with ole reliable. :D

Last edited:
the patriots owe it to the fans and tom brady to see how far he can take this.
I like your word choice..."see how far he can take this".....It is an intriguing situation...Can TB12 defy the age barrier?

Now to pour some ice cold water on the "TB12 for Life" crowd.
First...let's examine some of the aftermath from the SB comeback.

- Malcolm Butler had issues covering Uber-WR Julio Jones.....aftermath.....BB purchases his most expensive free agent piece ever , Gilmore, to take over the #1 CB role.

- Patriots slot WRs had difficulty creating separation when Atlanta's defense was in attack mode in the first half ....aftermath......BB spends the most draft capital he has ever spent to secure 2 years of control of a WR, Cooks, who can play any WR role

-Blount ineffective...aftermath.....Blount gone / $$$ spent to retool

- TB12 had a difficult first 40 minutes of the SB while the Atlanta defense was fit fresh and in attack mode ....leading the NE offense to 3 points while gifting Atlanta 7 points....aftermath......JG remains on the NE roster despite extreme interest from multiple teams and Brady's proclamation of playing until 45.

No question Brady's stats were gaudy, especially during the last 20 minutes when he took full advantage of Atlanta's tactics.....bend n break.......and Atlanta's fitness.....wilting.
The only question that matters is how BB weighted Brady's performance....first 4o minutes vs. the last 20. ( no doubt the Trophy tipped the scale....this time)
Butler too had his moments .
Same can be said for NE's WRs.
Yet BB quickly upgraded. Knowing BB as we do, the first 40 minutes have to be a concern for the coaches....and Brady was a major component of that pedestrian first half ineffectiveness.
We fans choose to view Brady's last 20 minutes as greatness on display....but...I'm sure some coaches see it differently....as an Atlanta collapse and a gift.

All I'm really saying is...nothing is guaranteed. Sure TB12 has a pile of goodwill ...................and BB has a track record of making calculated decisions.
Bernie (massive goodwill) knows this
Drew (massive contract) knows this

Last edited:
So you value not being boring over championships?

Debate all you want, I am stating my preference 100 times out of 100. You can value good looks over wining if you choose. I don't care.

Again, value what you want, I will value championships.

More or less just comparing between a Packers fan and a Giants fan over the past 10 years. I think I would rather watch the Packers. Its a rather pointless discussion regardless.

I'm a patriots fan first and brady fan second. I want to do what's best for the team, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back