PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do Patriot fans have less loyalty to Tom Brady than Browns fans did to Bernie Kosar

Status
Not open for further replies.
And btw I answered it in greater detail than any opinion I have ever seen you answer on this board.

Then you have missed some of QM's posts. AJ, I love your passion for the Pats and Brady, but QM is a quality poster here as well, and an ardent supporter of Brady IMHO.

I do not see how there is even a question on what is best for this upcoming season.

Are fans saying that Brady should be sent packing now? I haven't seen that.

I've watched this week as many posters on this board have essentially said they would be fine with getting rid of Brady to keep Garoppolo while others are basically requesting him to retire and get out of JAGs way.

When belichick benched and cut Kosar, who had nothing left, Browns fans wanted to lynch him.

How can it be that less than 4 months after Brady played the greatest SB ever by a QB (after being the best QB in the NFL all season) to win his record 5th SB fans are almost asking Belichick to dump him?

Tom will be 40 in ~2 months. While everyone including BB wants him to play like a Pro Bowler till he's 102. The reality is it won't happen.

Tom could be an All-Pro next year or in 2020.

He could also show his age in December. No one knows.

If BB didn't plan properly it would be gross negligence on his part.

He's lucky to have a viable alternative who can at least function at an NFL level.

We all agree Jimmy can't hold Toms jock. But can he if Tom is 80% of what he now? He just might.

At the end of the day, because BB has a strong track record of talent, roster and cap management, the educated fans are now more tolerant and understanding of teams cutting players (especially in the cap era). He has the street cred. In CLE he didn't.

The yahoos will always be yahoos and call WEEI to cry in their beer.

Last edited:
I'm not ok with Belichick getting rid of Brady. I want BB and Brady to retire together and leave krafty and his corrupt organization in disarray. It would be nice if Krafty and the other corrupt owners get caught up in some scandal that kills the NYJFL* and its teams. That would be grand! But until that happens I'd like to see BB and Brady win about 10 super bowls total, at least.:)

F*ck Kraft and the other corrupt owners of the corrupt 32. I hope all their businesses suffer and implode.

You just dont get rid of a guy like Brady when his only sign of decline is arm strength (which is still more than adequate. Thats just awful If he gets replaced before hes done. How many Pay Cuts has the guy taken. Dude is the most loyal guy and thia organization better show it back. I know belichick would rather get rid of a guy a year too early tham late but I think he understands that if you do that with Brady Its a failure on and off the field

I like your word choice..."see how far he can take this".....It is an intriguing situation...Can TB12 defy the age barrier?

Now to pour some ice cold water on the "TB12 for Life" crowd.
First...let's examine some of the aftermath from the SB comeback.

- Malcolm Butler had issues covering Uber-WR Julio Jones.....aftermath.....BB purchases his most expensive free agent piece ever , Gilmore, to take over the #1 CB role.

- Patriots slot WRs had difficulty creating separation when Atlanta's defense was in attack mode in the first half ....aftermath......BB spends the most draft capital he has ever spent to secure 2 years of control of a WR, Cooks, who can play any WR role

-Blount ineffective...aftermath.....Blount gone / $$$ spent to retool

- TB12 had a difficult first 40 minutes of the SB while the Atlanta defense was fit fresh and in attack mode ....leading the NE offense to 3 points while gifting Atlanta 7 points....aftermath......JG remains on the NE roster despite extreme interest from multiple teams and Brady's proclamation of playing until 45.

No question Brady's stats were gaudy, especially during the last 20 minutes when he took full advantage of Atlanta's tactics.....bend n break.......and Atlanta's fitness.....wilting.
The only question that matters is how BB weighted Brady's performance....first 4o minutes vs. the last 20. ( no doubt the Trophy tipped the scale....this time)
Butler too had his moments .
Same can be said for NE's WRs.
Yet BB quickly upgraded. Knowing BB as we do, the first 40 minutes have to be a concern for the coaches....and Brady was a major component of that pedestrian first half ineffectiveness.
We fans choose to view Brady's last 20 minutes as greatness on display....but...I'm sure some coaches see it differently....as an Atlanta collapse and a gift.

All I'm really saying is...nothing is guaranteed. Sure TB12 has a pile of goodwill ...................and BB has a track record of making calculated decisions.
Bernie (massive goodwill) knows this
Drew (massive contract) knows this

It isn't 40 min vs 20 min. It's games 1-19. It's the ability to overcome adversity and make plays throughout a season.

The first 40 min? The Falcons surprised the Pats with a cover 2 robber defense and it took awhile for Brady and McDaniels to adapt the game plan to it hence the numerous sideline passes later in the game. Meanwhile the Atl offense was shredding the Pats D with big play after big play. They of course adjusted too.

Drew? Drew came off of a 5-11 season and started the 2001 season 0-2. Brady is coming off of a SB championship.

Bernie kosar?? C'mon man. :D:eek::D

I get that Brady will decline sooner or later, but to try and define him by a pedestrian couple of quarters in the Superbowl is stupid.....and actually he played more than adequately if you really look at it. Yes he missed some throws and threw the pick but at the same time he moved the team consistently which kept Atlanta's offense off the field and tired out their defense. Looking back at the whole picture it was a job well done in my book. Cripes we're doing the same thing we did when Brady lost to the Cheifs in 2014. You can't come to such a conclusion after a game or two let alone a a quarter or two. When will some of us ever learn?

When I first became a fan, they were the Boston Patriots. I stayed a fan through any number of lean years and, of course, through the present unbelievably good era. Things will get tough again, I imagine, and I'll go back to hoping for a little improvement here, a little light at the end of the tunnel there. If you feel a need to be on top all the time, I don't really think you have what it takes to be a fan, as I understand the term.

Lol at things getting tuff in New England again doubt I see the day this team sucks

I am still trying to wrap my head around the idea we could win the SB this coming year and then release Brady ........ try as I might, I can't do it.

I must be reading the wrong board. If anybody thinks there's a better option than the GOAT, your F'n high. Geez, I hate waiting for the season to start. There is nobody on this planet that I would rather have as QB of the Pats than TB. And I will probably feel that way for years. Why the F would anyone think otherwise? Has he showed signs of slowing down? If anything, he looks better. Stupid thread. Sorry AJ.

Brady is the best choice for 2017. Screw loyalty though. I only want the team to win. While Brady is the best option, they should definitely ride the wave. He's been stellar for so many years.

Wins are all that matter though. I hope (and am confident) that if there is a better option - at some point - that BB will pull the trigger. Of course it'd be tough to see Brady replaced. But winning is everything. Feelings are nothing. 12-4 > 8-8. All the time. Regardless of QB.

74 days until preseason starts.

I must be reading the wrong board. If anybody thinks there's a better option than the GOAT, your F'n high. Geez, I hate waiting for the season to start. There is nobody on this planet that I would rather have as QB of the Pats than TB. And I will probably feel that way for years. Why the F would anyone think otherwise? Has he showed signs of slowing down? If anything, he looks better. Stupid thread. Sorry AJ.
It's not the thread that's stupid it's the posts and opinions that inspired it.
And you are 100% right.

Can we at least wait until a game is played before having this conversation again? Not sure why having it for the 10th time this offseason is going to change anyone's opinions. It really shouldn't even be a discussion until after the bye when we have at least a half seasons worth of games to look at and analyze.

You posted a meme saying it's over let it go in response to patriots fans feelings about Brady.

This is a perfect AndyJohnson post in so many ways. Thanks for the laugh.

Because it's an accurate description of what happened?

Look at the image again.

The most obvious word on there is PERSISTENCE. It's all in caps in red and is the largest text in the entire thing.

And in typical AndyJohnson fashion, you ignore the most obvious thing, then try to spin the rest into some false assumptions about what the other person is trying to say.

Again, thank you for the laugh. It was a nice way to end the day.

No point carrying on the discussion, you've already convinced yourself it means I want Brady gone and nothing I can say will change that so feel free to keep your next post brief since I'm skipping it entirely.

I won't put you on ignore because I think you have a lot of good stuff to say, but there are moments where you go off on your own and this is obviously one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back