PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady 2017 MVP Race Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady threw a pick and had under 250 yards. He only threw for 4 touchdowns. How can anyone vote for a guy Falling of a cliff like that?

Brady’s stats are FAR superior to Wentz.

expect for the fact that Brady's stats destroy Wentz

"Brady's been legendary, posting the second-best completion rate (68.4), second-best yards-per-game mark (306.7) and third-best passer rating (111.7) of his 18-year career while leading New England to a 9-2 start. But it's Wentz. He's been everything for the best team in the NFL, recording a league-high nine games with two-plus touchdown passes. And then there's this: Wentz is currently pacing the league in touchdown passes (28) while playing for the team with the top record. The last eight players to do that for the year went on to be named MVP. So, yeah, Wentz is getting my vote." News from NFL

"Brady's been legendary, posting the second-best completion rate (68.4), second-best yards-per-game mark (306.7) and third-best passer rating (111.7) of his 18-year career while leading New England to a 9-2 start. But it's Wentz. He's been everything for the best team in the NFL, recording a league-high nine games with two-plus touchdown passes. And then there's this: Wentz is currently pacing the league in touchdown passes (28) while playing for the team with the top record. The last eight players to do that for the year went on to be named MVP. So, yeah, Wentz is getting my vote." News from NFL
What does that have to do with Brady having much better stats? The eagles have a better record by 1 game and are unlikely to retain that lead.
Can you link that because I’d love to see who is giving his vote out based on records after 11 weeks.

What does that have to do with Brady having much better stats? The eagles have a better record by 1 game and are unlikely to retain that lead.
Can you link that because I’d love to see who is giving his vote out based on records after 11 weeks.
I’m interested in knowing whose comments those are as well, but his point is that the last 8 players to lead the league in wins and TDs have gone on to win the MVP, or at least that’s how it sounded to me, anyway.

He also points out the fact that Wentz leads in multi-TD games with 9, so that, victories, and TD passes seems to be his argument, right or wrong.

How many fewer games would the Patriots have won with Garoppolo this year vs Brady? Based on what I saw last year... most likely a lot fewer.

I like to think about the scenario if you switch the players. Are the Eagles a better team with Brady than they are with Wentz? Possibly. Are the Patriots better with Wentz? Absolutely not.

Not a prayer bro

Unless he falls off...Brady will get it. Without a doubt.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Much like Belichick only winning the head coach award only once, Brady has only won it twice.

It seems as if they simply expect greatness from those two and would prefer to give it to anyone else within striking distance. That could be Wentz this year.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Much like Belichick only winning the head coach award only once, Brady has only won it twice.

It seems as if they simply expect greatness from those two and would prefer to give it to anyone else within striking distance. That could be Wentz this year.

As I said before I’m only basing my argument on the fact Brady is in this conversation at age 40. 40 year olds aren’t supposed to play at MVP levels. This isn’t just a great season this is a historic one. Especially since injuries have hit this offense hard and that hasn't stopped him. Voters know it. And I think voters will recognize that Brady will meet The Cliff (tm) very soon and once that happens they will never again get a chance to salute the GOAT before he gets a yellow jacket.

And like I said (and I could be wrong) but I think the league will want this for Brady, partly as a make up for the fraud suspension and the crap he’s endured in the last couple years. Stephen A Smith has spoke up in favor of Brady for MVP and that’s telling to me. The league leans on that guy. Voters listen to a voice like that.

If this was 35 year old Brady- right now it would go to best player on best team as usual- which would be Wentz. This is a little different scenario imo.

Last edited:
Like Wentz and the Eagles, the Patriots would also be a mess if Brady wasn't playing at the level he is or if he wasn't on the team at all. Voters know that.

And I am very skeptical of the idea that this is a playoff team had JG stayed here and started the whole year, all other things being equal. That's a very optimistic view of JG's abilities.

This topic is ridiculous. The whole debate of "what would the team be like if CW/TB12 wasn't on the team" is nothing but nonsensical speculative crap. Under most circumstances any team would be much worse without their starting QB. As for the debate that people use when we went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. Yea, thats amazing and all, but that is still a far fall from a previous 16-0. Most people forget that.

As far as Brady vs. Wentz. Still too early, but if things continue the way they are, Wentz will have 1 more win and a couple more TD's. Big deal.

Brady will have roughly 1000 more passing yards, several fewer INT's, 10% higher completion percentages, 45 more first downs, a higher passer rating by far, and better stats across the board for 20yd + plays.

People want to praise Wentz for it being only his 2nd year. I agree with that. He is playing very well. But the same can be said for Brady playing at this level at 40 years old, some could argue that its even more impressive but that is speculative.

Regardless of all this crap, i don't care who gets MVP. We are all blessed that we can witness TB playing like this at this age. But the debate is yet just another form of these nfl-tard chicken heads running around speculating uneducated illogical nonsense.

As I said before I’m only basing my argument on the fact Brady is in this conversation at age 40. 40 year olds aren’t supposed to play at MVP levels. This isn’t just a great season this is a historic one. Especially since injuries have hit this offense hard and that hasn't stopped him. Voters know it. And I think voters will recognize that Brady will meet The Cliff (tm) very soon and once that happens they will never again get a chance to salute the GOAT before he gets a yellow jacket.

And like I said (and I could be wrong) but I think the league will want this for Brady, partly as a make up for the fraud suspension and the crap he’s endured in the last couple years. Stephen A Smith has spoke up in favor of Brady for MVP and that’s telling to me. The league leans on that guy. Voters listen to a voice like that.

If this was 35 year old Brady- right now it would go to best player on best team as usual- which would be Wentz. This is a little different scenario imo.

Favre had a great year at 40 only to mess it up in the playoffs with that infamous int against the saints.

There's still a lot of football to be played. The Patriots haven't even played the Bills once yet!

Lol dude! Don't you get it? Those types of shows are bunch of frauds trying to generate ratings and clicks. That's all! Once Skip Bayless left, Stephen A Smith became the Brady supported and Kellerman the Brady hater. I thought this stuff would be obvious by now...

The eagles have a better record by 1 game and are unlikely to retain that lead.

I agree. The Eagles are going to lose their next two games against seattle and LA rams.

I think the MVP will be decided by how well Wentz plays tonight against Seattle and in his upcoming Rams game, and how well Brady does against the Steelers Week 15. It's all about these high profile games.

Wentz after Brady's game is in the lead. We'll see if he holds it after tonight...

So far his team and him are down 10-3 at half time and he has only 45 passes yards and no Ints.

If it continues even if he doesn't get an Int... if her get only 1 TD and low yards and loses I'd say on the whole Brady gained on him with the now "best record argument out of the picture". Yes has lost a bit in the TD/Int ratio today but still has way more yards and is overall stil better as a TD/Int ratio QB.

A lot depends on this second half. Before the week Brady entered with the better argument IMO. If Wentz has a similar half and they lose Brady will leave the week with just as good an argument.

Who cares. Just as long as he wins SB 52 MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST