PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 7 (8/2/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown will be a stopgap and gone in a year. Wynn will take over at LT at the latest next year. Not sure how anyone is in denial about anything here.

Everything is going exactly along the most probable scenario.

So another good player Bill isn’t going to pay?

No doubt our O line is one of the best in the nfl, but our D line doesn’t have any stud pass rushers to really test them

Clayborne seems to be really struggling

I will be so happy if Cordarelle Patterson finally realizes his potential and becomes one of Brady’s favorites. I was so high on him in 2013.

Inconsistency’s his issue. We will see how he does.

You really sound like PatriotsNumero17Fan. Clayborn is - by reports and vids - among most consistent Patriots throughout preseason both rushing and run stopping..

So another good player Bill isn’t going to pay?
If he has the year I believe he will, it may be really difficult to pay him. Him being on the Pats is going to make him a "name" guy in the NFL and he'll get a contract above Solder. He's way better than Solder.

Still don’t understand the signing but we will see.
I didn't either but it doesn't hurt because Wise and Rivers aren't a sure thing. At worst, he could be like a Bobby Hamilton type player and be solid against the run.

If he is another good player expecting to get paid as if he's great, then yes.
The thing is, he's one of the best tackles in the NFL.

He wasn't aware of his limitations back then. He discovered them in Philly.
Yeah, good point. Belichick did a nice job of playing to his strengths and helping to mask his weaknesses upon his return, which is one of the reasons why he’s succeeded in his role.

Unfortunately, none of the previous talk about playing CB (well), returning punts, or running gadget plays ever really panned out. I don’t think he ended up being quite as speedy and shifty as initially advertised.

Clayborne seems to be really struggling
Is this just personal opinion? Did you see him at practice? Any links or mediots who feel the same way?

Sorry for all of the questions. Inquiring minds want to know.

Is this just personal opinion? Did you see him at practice? Any links or mediots who feel the same way?

Sorry for all of the questions. Inquiring minds want to know.

No, just for the past few days I read reports of him getting stoned by either Brown or Wynn. This could be because of how great the o-line is playing and not necessarily a reflection of clayborne.

No, just for the past few days I read reports of him getting stoned by either Brown or Wynn. This could be because of how great the o-line is playing and not necessarily a reflection of clayborne.
Hopefully, more of a sign of good things to come for the OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back