PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 7 (8/2/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gloating a litlle on my sense they might keep him and move on from Cooks at last year's trade time while i can (WRs dropping like flies and he was down today as well) ;)

He was down but it was only for a short period before he went back into passing drills according to @PatsPOV. But yeah it seems like things are clicking for him. Hope it continues.

Roberts indeed looked good from day 1.
Another hated player here that quietly has a solid camp and looks much stronger is (dare I say it? oh, Captain, please forgive me etc) - Ferentz. iirc he has no PS eligibility anymore so i wonder if he has a chance although Karras is still ahead of him @ C rotating at times with 1sts. If nothing else he's a candidate for hidden roster..

Last edited:
Braxton Barrio Barretto makes McCarron look like Gronk by comparison. He had an OK senior year at the U, but this is big boy ball now. Sorry kid.

Not disagreeing with you but it’s a bit of an unfair comparison since Riley has a whole year in the system. But who said life was fair?

Another hated player here that quietly has a solid camp and looks much stronger is (dare I say it? oh, Captain, please forgive me etc) Ferentz. iirc he has no PS eligibility anymore so i wonder if he has a chance although Karras is still ahead of him @ C rotating at times with 1sts. If nothing else he's a candidate for hidden roster..

Ferentz is already 29 years old. The only older OL in Camp is Cannon at 30.

Another hated player here that quietly has a solid camp and looks much stronger is (dare I say it? oh, Captain, please forgive me etc) Ferentz. iirc he has no PS eligibility anymore so i wonder if he has a chance although Karras is still ahead of him @ C rotating at times with 1sts. If nothing else he's a candidate for hidden roster..
Roberts, Thanksdad, Glitch, Gruesome = unworthy of the uniform.

Too bad about Bowanko. I was really, Really hoping that he could push the talentless Croston and the less-than-talentless Thanksdad Ferentz off the roster.

I don't think that Ferentz was ever hired to be anything more than the scout team Center on the Psquad. Apparently, he was adequate for the job. I really don't have a problem with that, nepotism or not.

Roberts, Thanksdad, Glitch, Gruesome = unworthy of the uniform.

I've got to say, while I don't always agree with your analysis, I've always loved your nicknames! You need one for Roberts.... I've been calling him Costanza; if he wants to be Brandon Spikes 2.0, he should take every instinct he has on the field and do the opposite.

forgets to mention most important part . Clayborn reportedly looked really good vs run

I've got to say, while I don't always agree with your analysis, I've always loved your nicknames! You need one for Roberts.... I've been calling him Constanza; if he wants to be Brandon Spikes 2.0, he should take every instinct he has on the field and do the opposite.

Costanza. I like it. Gonna start using that if he doesn't improve.

Hoping you're right.

What would be the best Patriot approach to get him signed to a multi-year deal?

Could Brown a former 7th round pick be enticed early in the season with a 4 and 40 offer before other teams whisper in his agent's ear?
His only knock coming out of college and his time with the 9ers was his conditioning. As good as Anthony Davis was for the 9ers at RT, he was quickly an afterthought with how good Brown was. Being on the Pats is going to make him a "name player" and his talent is going to command big bucks in the off season. I think Brown and his agent don't want to sign anything yet.

Brown will be a stopgap and gone in a year. Wynn will take over at LT at the latest next year. Not sure how anyone is in denial about anything here.

Everything is going exactly along the most probable scenario.
I don't know what you mean by "stopgap" but you'll be changing your tune once he stonewalls opposing DE's this season. He only leaves because he will command a massive contract. The Pats will keep Brown over Mason.

Lol i have a hard time believing you knew his name before he put on a Pats uni but sure he's the best LT we've ever had.
I don't really know how to look up past posts, but you'll find me arguing how good he is and there was nothing but crickets on this board. I live in CA so I watch a lot of 9ers games. Sorry, but I do watch other teams play besides the Pats.

Edit: My original quote when they traded for him. I'm not going to bother looking up my other quotes as it a pain in the a**.
Because I live on the West Coast and my friend is a die hard 9ers fan, I watch a lot 9ers games. Trent Brown is a beast and Von Miller wasn't just saying "he's the best tackle in the game" to be nice. He was also graded out along with Cannon as one of the best RT's in the game. This guy is very powerful and can throw pass rushers around like rag dolls. My friend hated the ND OT pick last night because they have Brown and Staley. However, the only knock on Brown is his conditioning. If the Pats can get Brown's conditioning down, this could be a really great trade for the Pats. And I'm not worried about the 3rd round pick as the Pats could get this back with a simple trade down with the 9ers 2nd round pick and get that 3rd rounder back.

Last edited:
I don't know what you mean by "stopgap" but you'll be changing your tune once he stonewalls opposing DE's this season. He only leaves because he will command a massive contract. The Pats will keep Brown over Mason.

It means he is there to provide more time for Wynns transition to NFL-level LT.

There are not many scenario where Brown is on this roster next year. If he falls apart or is just average during the season Wynn might be starting at LT in the second half of the season. If he plays as well as he looked he is gone because he will be too expensive and the true successor is in house on a rookie contract anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes